Question!

Cazuk1976

Hi, I'm new to MiniMims. I am on week 2 of TFR and had lost 6 llb on my first WI. I heard somewhere that while on TFR you can eat things which are high in protein, such as ham, is this right? thanks

Hiya, congrats on the 6lbs off.:) Did you watch the dvd on LT from the pharmacy? It was designed to replace ALL conventional food so people can learn to cope with their emotions etc without the use of food, as so many of us do.

If you want to have some food maybe Cambridge diet would be better?

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!! TFR is Total Food Replacement - no food whatsoever! Check ouy Youtube for the Lipotrim video, explaining everything. You'll really jeopardise your diet if you're even tempted to stray.

GOOD LUCK! It does get easier. :D

Ok, thanks for your advice, i didn't think you could eat anything, but when I heard that, I did wonder, so thanks for putting me straight both of you

No sweat. The video also tells you that the first week will be torture, the 2nd uncomfortable and the rest relatively easy. We all just gotta hang in there! Well done on the loss so far too btw. :D

GOOD LUCK!

Welcome! Well done to your loss, it's great. You are in good hands on here. Come here often when you have a question or doubting yourself/this diet. It's great support and you can learn all kind of things from people who doing LT a lot longer than us.
Keep up and good luck with your next WI. Stay away from food :)and you will be slimmer in no time.
Take care!
x:family2:

Thanks for all your support and kind words, i must admit, it is harder than i thought it would be, but i'm doing it and i'm sticking to it. I must admit, i was going to give up before i found this website, but seeing all you people who are doing it and have done it has given me great inspiration to keep at it. thanks everyone :)

No probs, I am on the learning curve as well.Most important is drink your water, have all your shakes at minimum 4 hours intervals and drink your water. OOOPs did I say that already?, lol.
Visiting this forum for inspiration help a lot as well.
Oh and drink your water.....:)

Week 2 here too..
Its very harddddddddddddddd
but will be very worth it in such a short time you could lose stones on other diets pounds so has to be worth it keep going if i can try anyone can
debz x

Oh, did anyone mention keep drinking the water !!!
:D:D:D:D:D:flirt2::D:D:D:D:D

Caren. x

Hi Cazuk

Welcome to the forum and good loss for WI!!!

Have a great week and dont forget to let us all know how you get on at your next weigh in.

Take care

Well done on your first (of many) loss. This diet is damn hard in the first couple of weeks but does get easier if you stick to it.

Don't forget to drink your water!

x

have all your shakes at minimum 4 hours intervals and drink your water.

Hi, sorry to butt in, thats a new one for me, is it important to have shakes at a 4 hour interval? I sometimes have one about 6.30/7 then the next 10/10.30. Does it make a difference??

Caz - welcome aboard :D

I don't know about the 4 hour interval but seems to make sense so you don't overload your stomach with a high concentration of vits & minerals :)

Hi, sorry to butt in, thats a new one for me, is it important to have shakes at a 4 hour interval? I sometimes have one about 6.30/7 then the next 10/10.30. Does it make a difference??

I believe it only does make a difference because if you drinking it all together than some of the calories will be extra for that time period and our body can convert the extras to sugar (because that is the primary thing to burn).On the other hand if you wait more than 6 hours between shakes than your body can go into starvation mode. Which is an other no-no(except night time of course as you do not need that much calories then)
At least this is what I understood from the LT helpline. Hope it helped.

Last edited:
That's really interesting. I didn't know about the 4 hour minimum last time. They should mention it in the video. I suppose it makes sense really so I shall now adopt like the good girl I am!! Thanks for the tip.

Hi, yes, thanks for that, I didnt know about the maximum 6 hr thing either, I have my first shake at about 9/10 am, then not another one until at least 6pm. Will have to have a rearrange now I think!!

Yeah, that's interesting about the 4/6 hour thing, makes sense. Thanks single+2angel.

Week 2 weigh in, i lost 5 pounds yay!! so in 2 weeks i have lost 13pounds, which is 1 pound short of a stone, yay!! i'm actually having to come off it for 3 weeks tho as i'm going on holiday this weekend for 2 weeks, but when i come back, i'll be going straight back on it til i'm finished which will hopefully be by xmas!! yay!! thanks for all your support everyone, it makes such a difference!

Back