Question

No- in your 13th week you add milk for a week and then back to it again.

I can't remember exactly but something like 400ml of skimmed milk a day - less if it's other sorts of milk. It takes the calories up to a week and then you go back on the 4 packs with no milk. This can carry on (milk week after 12 weeks) as long as you need! I'm wanting to lose 9 stone and I have my second milk week starting on Friday...

6 stone 4 lbs in 25 weeks - I think I'll be done in April(!)

It's all a little bit sureal to be honest! I'm really happy with my weight loss so far. I knew after about 8 weeks that I would definitely get to goal and I've never felt like that on a diet before! I do need to be very careful around RTM though as I think that will be tough for me.

There is a page in the 'my journey' book with the amounts of milk.

6st in just 25weeks is awesome! You must look and feel amazing! a total inspiration....

On another note, I don't drink milk at the best of times so not sure what i'll do x

Thanks Jenm. There must be some alternative which will increase your calorie intake without taking you out of ketosis. I guess if all else fails perhaps you could do LL lite for a week?

Milk week is just a recommendation and not a necessity. I never did it as milk brings me out in spots. Your LLC will tell you when it's milk week but they won't check if you've done it. It's just a legality that they have to have it as part of the plan due to NICE guidelines although unofficially very few people do it.

It's true that a number of people don't do it. However, NICE recommend that you follow a VLCD for a maximum of 12 weeks. Milk week is LL's answer to this. Personally I have no intention of ignoring health advice. The whole point of doing this for me is health orientated so I will always do milk week. Why take the risk for the sake of a loss which might be 1 lb higher?

When you get closer to that week just discuss it with your LLC.

I did this diet 6 years ago, and the milk week didnt exist then. I was on it for 6 months solid and was fine. Infact i was more than fine. I lost 9 n half stone in those 6 months and not having milk didnt hurt me x

I don't know if this will help, but a lady in my group last week was saying she'd be on milk week soon, and didn't like milk. Then another said how she was the same, but didn't want to not do it because of health guidlines, so she just used semi skimmed milk (you can have less of it that way) and mixed her milkshakes and porridge up with half millk half water and she didn't even really taste the difference. i hope this is a little helpful:)xxxxx

Back