Question

DeeCe

Silver Member
Hiya,

I'm just trialling slim & save with the sample pack, and have a question regarding exercise.. I was doing the 3x packs a day with a protein & veg.. I had my personal trainer last night & usually I am very very hungry the day after.. I'm at work atm.. I had a shake around 9.30.. I had my bar up and had a few bites.. and just had spag bol pack for lunch.. still a bit hungry..& weak..

is it worth having something else? I plan to have turkey & veg for dinner on myfitnesspal my calories are around 570-600cal .. should I have an alternate meal replacement bar or shake (as I don't have any of my sample ones at my desk..) or leave it & try to pull through with water?

thanks!

If your training gave an extra pack. I do five on lifting days & add protein on powerlifting day

Make sure your hydrated too

Hydration isn't a problem ;)

okay cool, even though my trainer was last night? I have a slim fast bar just in case and gonna see how it goes :) Will still be under 700 cals definitely, so it's there if I need and now I feel reassured I won't be ruining everything lol! Thank you!! :D

DeeCe said:
Hydration isn't a problem ;)

okay cool, even though my trainer was last night? I have a slim fast bar just in case and gonna see how it goes :) Will still be under 700 cals definitely, so it's there if I need and now I feel reassured I won't be ruining everything lol! Thank you!! :D

Just remember that slim fast bars aren't Total meal replacements so therefore probably wouldn't be suitable!

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

Yeh Definatly they don't have all the nutritional bits n bobs that the meal replacement bar will have

I haven't checked the Slimfast bar nutritional content, but if you are potentially going off-plan with a non-VLCD bar you'd probably be better with an Atkins one. The Slimfast is likely to be high in carbs, where the Atkins ones are high protein although a bit high in fat too.

Slimfast is high in carbs, your better off having protein x

Back