Question

redwinegirl

Evening all

I cancelled all social plans for 6 weeks when I started this diet, I even cancelled a week-end away, HOWEVER a week on Saturday my hubby has booked a night away in a lovely hotel and dinner in a very nice restaurant for the two of us. In fairness it was booked before I decided to start this diet and he has only just told me (as it was going to be a total surprise) as he did not want to ruin my diet so he is giving me a chance to cancel (I love this man).

...however I not going to let him cancel am I? I do not particularly want to re-feed for a week, then go away for a night and start back on it again. My plan was to stick to 2 shakes in the day, then have a meal of an evening and probably a glass of red or 2...then straight back on it on the Sunday.

My question is...has anyone done similar without re-feeding? I understand the scales will show a huge gain the day after but I think that will be water, I am more afraid I will be ill? Can anyone help?

Cheers

I cannot answer that for you, as I have stuck 100% to the diet. I have not cancelled any social plans for the diet I just went along as normal and just had my shake when everyone else was having their meal and last weekend when I went to a concert and a show and everyone went drinking after I just had water as was the designated driver. was fun to see everyone drunk.

However I have seen on some posts on here that if you drink while on TFR it can make you very ill!! some have even said that 1 glass of wine can cause you to pass out (not wanting to scare you) but thought you should know what others have experienced.

IMO its not worth coming off for 1 day instead of cancelling it why not try to re arrange for after your refeed as celebration for completing the diet that is what I have done as was going to have a meal for partners birthday in September after I had started so agreed to have the meal after refeed as celebration for getting to goal and for his birthday. That way you still get to have the night away and dinner just delayed a bit, and you haven't had to come off diet. Win win I say :)

You could have 2 shakes and one Atkins style meal, no carbs just some meat and veg and no alcohol, if I was as close to my goal as you are that's what I would do if I thought I could go straight back to 100%, I would avoid alcohol though especially if you don't eat carbs (alcohol needs sugar to be broken down so is dangerous while in ketosiS). Good luck whatever you decide:)

I've weighed myself this morning and I am down 4lb (offically weigh in on Friday) so I am now hesitating myself as that only leaves me 6lb to target! However I will re-feed in two weeks whatever my weight as I have a couple of social events and then I'm on holiday (hopefully wearing a size 10).

I will let you know, cheers x

Could ye reschedule the date?

hi red wine girl,

My personal advice is go for it! I feel awful saying this and just bear in mind the few days after having eaten will be a little difficult getting back on lipotrim. To cut a very long story short I started lipotrim when I had events on every weekend for 4 weeks. I decided to start rather than wait, If I waited I would have started this Monday, however in that time I have lost a stone and a half. Now at many of these events I did not want to eat, but with the background I come from it would be soooo rude if Idid not. I often just had the meat and salad. I personally feel if you do an atkins style meal, which u can still really enjoy it should be fine, i had to and still lost. I don't agree with eating on LT as I feel completley withdrawing frm food is more beneficial however everyones lifestyles and backgrounds are differetn and we have to adapt adn try not to judge others. I hope whatever you do it works out, If you want some more info let me know....I'm sleepy and ready for a shower so sorry if its not a thorugh response xx

p.s I didn't do a refeed or anything, I would just replace one of the shakes with a mweal. In the 5 weeks I probably 'had'to eat around 4 times - I made up some very very colourful excuse not to eat at the other occasions!

Thanks Goose, loving your honesty and well done on weight loss. I've decided to do one more week on lipotrim ( 2 x weigh ins) then i am switching to slim and save which I intend to stick to Sunday - Thursday (Breakfast, lunch only and meal of an evening) if I have a social week-end I will just return to 3 shakes for a couple of days. I now need to move onto a long term plan which needs to include my hectic social and business life.

Ironically I was talking to a friend last night and she has never given up her social nights, and she has lost 2 stone in 2 months....in all fairness she says she would have lost it quicker but I have never believed in '1 size fits all' there is always room to tweak any diet to your lifestyle.

I needed to be strict because I was addicted to cake:D.However I have bought a lovely size 10 dress for our romantic night away...I will let you know if it fits the day after!

ohh let me know about the dress!!! I'm also addicted to cake! the hardest part of my diet has been resisting cake at a wedding, I was asked to cut the wedding cake for guests (after bride and groom had done the hold first cutting) and I didn;t have any. they put the left over cake on my table and it was the hardest thing ever not to eat :/

Hope you have a lovely weekend away. I am really hoping I can get down to a size 8!!

Hi Goose

Just to mention the exercise bit (rather than hijack the losers thread).

It's the exercise that determines size, I am 44 and I've said in another post Ilost 8.5 stone when I left university 20 years ago (I was 18 stone!) and I kept it off by dieting Sunday -Thursday and exercising for England. I still swim every morning (get up at 5.30!) then every evening and week-end I do a spinning class, combat etc. or long walk (minimum of 8 miles)....I am not bragging it's just my obsession...as I never want to be 18 stone again and unfortunately that is the mind set you must have to be slim. Giving up smoking was a bad decision weight wise on my part but I bought Lipotrim and here I am. The reason I've gone into a size 10 at 10 6 is I probably carry more muscle than most people so my weight is deceiving, if I had not exercised I would probably be a stone lighter and a dress size up.

My pet hate is people wrongly presuming if they exercise they will gain muscle instantly, it takes a lot of hard exercise (which must include 'free weights') over a long period of time (especially for women) to gain muscle. It is very difficult for women to gain muscle quickly. Exercise will tone your muscle mass but it will depend on the sort of exercise to increase muscle.

Exercise makes me feel happier in myself, it gives me energy and keeps my weight on track. I am lucky my hubby is very into exercise/sport too and it brings a social side to it too.

Lord I feel I am trying to sell you all gym memberships!

HOWEVER, I would not start Lipotrim AND a new exercise route...too much for the mind body and soul!

Not sure if that helps my lovely xx
:)

Hi redwinegirl

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I value your opinion and it is useful to gather different experiences. I had alway been a large girl! Im 27 now, I was a slim child and then for a number of different reasons in my childhood at around age 10 I became ver overweight. As a young child and into my teens I suffered from very low confidence and self esteem and never attracted attention from men. At age 18 I lost a bit of weight for my sisters wedding and felt great but was still big - size 16. As a child I was probably a size 18 - 20. Anyways to cut a long story short I moved away frm home for a year at age 21, I started the gym just as a hobby and without really trying, I started losing weight and got loads of compliments and suddenly men were interested in me. It felt GREAT!!!! I then became much more conscious and started watching what I eat and exercised every day, I gt down to 9st 3lb and a comfy size 10. It felt fab, i just felt amazng. I felt attractive and got loads of complimetns. I met my hubby then (it was through family so I guess you can call it arrangd, we met and got married in 5 months!! Id only met him about 4 times before I married him! It was my choice, not forced,He adored me and would tell everyone how beautiful I was!! bless him! I just knew he was the one and love him like mad,) anyway we married and them I moved away and went to live with him and his parents. I started the gym but his parents who are very traditional forbid and were unhappy Iwent. , Anyway I stopped exercising and ate my way to comfrt my pain as I was unhappy. I am a succesful well educated professionla yet I felt trapped and didnt know how to get out of my cycle of misery. I woul drive home and eat a family bar of chocolate on the way home and eating was my way of easing the pain.

anway we moved and now with th independance we npw have I can cook and eat what I want as I dont have to eat what my inlwas had cooked, i could go the gym whenever i wanted, it was aazing!! so I started LT as i can now!!! woohooo!! dont have to answer to anyone adn I can go to the gym. I feel so much happier and feel like ive achived somthing when Ive challenged mysef physically. I dont want to be as obsessive anout exercise as I was befoe s I want to be able to maintain my routine and feel like I still have a life - hubby usually plays footy and goes gym but he sees that as his time adn i also prefer gym to be my time. I think exercise will haev other beneficial benefits and will also improve my body shape even though maybe not lose weight. I also really want to start a family with my hubby now that I know he is the one, took me a while to realise id made the right decsion as living on our own meant i leart about him. I want to be able to keep up with a realstic exercise routine after i have lil bubs so i can maintain my weight. Having lost 1st 10lbs already i feel fantastic adn cant wait to get to goal to get tot that feeling of feeling fab!! Ohh cant wait!

Back