Question

x Lulu x

Silver Member
I'm just starting slimming world (for about the 100th time) and trying to get back into the gym after 4 weeks off.

Today i've been really hungry. I have a class at 7pm but dont like to eat my dinner before i go as it makes me feel really sick.

When i got in from work i ate half a breadbun, a bag of crisps and a milky bar because i was starving! I did count the syns. I've been trying to think what i could have that was light before the gym. Which made me think of a poached egg on a slice of wholemeal toast, but i've already had 2 weetabix this morning.

So my question is can i split my healthy extra and have 1 weetabix on a morning and half of the wholemeal bread allowance?

That way tomorrow i would have

Breakfast: 1 weetabix and milk

Lunch: a salad with soup and ex light mayo 1 syn

Snack: 30g wholemeal bread and poached egg

Dinner: fish pie from sw book 1/2syn with veg

Do you think that would be ok? I'm doing sw from home so cant ask a consultant.

Thanks for reading

Lulu x

I don't think you can split the syns (but I might be wrong) however I would have the egg on toast anyway and just count the bread syns which would be less than the syns of the breadbun, crisps and milkyway. Looking at your planned meals for tomorrow you have plenty of syns to play with and one Weetabix in the morning isn't going to fill you up or keep you going to lunchtime (well it wouldn't me!!). Could you fit in some fruit as a snack mid morning? Maybe a superfree fruit? Melon is my go to superfree fruit.

Squeeze some super free in with your breakfast as per the rules, otherwise that will never sustain you. Splitting your HEXs remains a debatable topic but I can't see what's wrong with it myself.Try
it, if it works then yay, if not maybe have fruit as your snack (you should turn to this first anyway - maybe a banana for energy, supplemented with a hard boiled egg for muscle loving protein - not in the same mouthful you understand :-s)

I used to have a banana pre gym when I went regularly. It's enough but not too much. Eggs are my go to for a filling quick snack. Little tiny protein powerhouses.

Thanks for the replys. I snack on fruit throughout the day if i get hungry, and i drink a lot of water which helps fill me up.

I usually have syns as a treat in the evening. I just plan out my main meals in advance.

I think i will try having 1 weetabix and half of the wholemeal bread allowance and see how i go tomorrow.

I usually over eat because its free when i have done sw in the past so trying to avoid that this time round x

Thanks for the replys. I snack on fruit throughout the day if i get hungry, and i drink a lot of water which helps fill me up.

I usually have syns as a treat in the evening. I just plan out my main meals in advance.

I think i will try having 1 weetabix and half of the wholemeal bread allowance and see how i go tomorrow.

I usually over eat because its free when i have done sw in the past so trying to avoid that this time round x

see if it works for you but you still need to try and have your 1/3 super free with your weetabix so maybe chop up a banana on it or have an apple. The idea being that having the 1/3 will give high fibre for low calorie and will help you get through the morning.

I also tried to get out of the overeating rut but went too far the other way and my body really resisted. It's only since I have been really adhering to the rules that the weight has started to melt away.

I always have a banana before the gym for a few reasons.
firstly, i am the same, i hate eating before i work out not only because i feel sick, but also because i find it hard to work out with that heavy feeling of just eating.
secondly, bananas are a great source of energy to spur you on for that extra mile or two on the treadmill.
thirdly, if you are doing a particularly strenuous workout, bananas help to prevent that sick deeling you get when your working our really hard!

So my advice would be, before you leave work, grab a banana and maybe a mullerlight or something else just to top you up and that should tide you over.
also, it might help to have something pre prepared waiting for you at home so if you do come home starving, you know you have that chopped up melon or bowl of soup ready to pop in the microwave etc, before you get round to making your dinner!!
xx

My consulant says its fine to split healthy extras :)

Thanks for the advice everyone, really appreciate it.

I must go shopping tonight i have no fruit in so had just weetabix again this morning.

Tonight i'm going to have poached egg on toast but will try banana and a yogurt on friday before the gym.

I think its just because i've pigged out for the last 4 weeks and not done much exercise, i used to be fine waiting for dinner until after the gym.

Will try your ideas and see how i get on x

I always split my HEXs (usually to have 17g of Bran Flakes to snack on in the morning and an Alpen Light in the afternoon) - it's never hurt my losses :) x

I always spilt mine too. Today was 1 hifibar light bar and 1 slice of toast.

Back