Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Nessa, 24 February 2008 Social URL.

1. Nessa

Nessa Silver Member

Slimming World
    Do wearing baggy clothes make you feel fatter than what you really are OR do they make you feel thin and like you are getting somewhere?
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. SoonToBeGorgeous

SoonToBeGorgeous Loving the Cambridge Diet

Cambridge Plan
    I used to wear a lot of baggy clothes but now I have lost 8 stones I find that I look and feel better about myself if the clothes fit me, not too closely or tight

4. Frejja

Frejja Silver Member

Baggy clothes made me feel fatter...better to show off your shrinking shape
  5. wigglychick

wigglychick Silver Member

Interesting question, I like to feel things getting looser but there is a point when they become too loose and I feel scruffy/frumpy and they have to go! I am enjoying moving down my wardrobe and it's a real thrill when something fits that didn't before. I feel smarter and better somehow in something that fits nicely and the more weight I'm losing, the more interested in clothes I'm becoming.
  6. shinyhappyperson

shinyhappyperson Silver Member

As I haven't done much shrinking yet, I like wearing my clothes too big as it reminds me I am getting somewhere with the diet.
  7. Mrs B

Mrs B Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    I like it when someone tells me I have to stop wearing my old clothes as they are far too big!!!
  8. Melaniep

Melaniep Member

I love it when clothes are getting too big, but there comes a point where they go from flatteringly (sp?) too big to looking horrendous (IMO).

There again nothing worse that something that is too small
  9. Dutch

Dutch Goodbye Tum

I agree with Melanie, if something is too small then it makes you look much bigger than you are, I like to wear baggy just so I can pull the waistband out and show people but there's a definate point where it makes you look bigger having too big clothes on. it's a happy medium hee hee xx
  10. cddietgal

cddietgal Full Member

Last tme I did CD I said was going to buy new clothes only when I had got to goal,I was a sz 22 but had 20's and 18's already to fit me as I went down.I wore teh 18's for a while till my friend told me I looked a bit scruffy as they were SO big so plodded off to primark to get some 16's but when I tried them on they were too big and I then wen round town on a high spening a fortune on 14's LOL I think wearing baggy stuff makes me feel bigger but so does wearing things that cut me in 1/2 as they are so tight LOL
  11. Colleen

Colleen Member

I only have baggy trousers now *cue madness*...poor student here can't afford to keep buying trousers :p so all of my jeans fall off me. My OH likes it tho :p I feel a bit of a frump atm, but I'm trying not to spend too much money on clothes so I can have a fabby spending spree!

I think sometimes wearing clothes a size bigger can feel good...I wear size 18 jeans loose at the moment, and my stomach is pretty flat (oddly enough) and I feel kind of sexy when they ride low on my hips!
  12. Gemma1986

Gemma1986 Im just me!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    i fill better when i wear clothes that were too tonight that i can get on now that fit loose!!
  13. Nessa

Nessa Silver Member

Slimming World
    I think my problem is that i wear baggy clothes because i don't own anything that actually fit me. I have just got a size 12 mini dress to motivate me to slim into it for summer and you'll never guess what, i fit in it!! I can't believe it. will do pics in a bit. I have just found a size 14 skirt and it's a bit lose, so i am getting there, maybe i just did not know how far i got because i was wearing huge clothes?
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.