Questions about Lighterlife Bars

Lumpy

One day at a time
Hi guys,

I have just re-started LL today, and my counsellor said it was fine for me to have bars straight away. Does anyone have any info on whether this is ok? I thought they weren't allowed in the first week?

Also, does anyone know what happened about the two new flavours? My counsellor said they are not going to be adding them?

Thanks

Steph

Hi Lumpy
Im on day 12 of LL and my counsellor said we couldnt have bars until day 4?
I love the Toffee one yum yum :D hate the nut crunch like nasty cardboard! yuk yuk !!
xxc

Hi Steph

The reason that bars are not generally allowed in the first week is that they delay our bodies getting into ketosis. I'm re-started yesterday as you know and i've decided not to have bars this week....

My counsellor also said they won't be coming out - too much cost apparently????

Oh well, at 66 quid a week i don't know how they can stay in business - YEAH RIGHT!!!

Hi Steph

The reason that bars are not generally allowed in the first week is that they delay our bodies getting into ketosis. I'm re-started yesterday as you know and i've decided not to have bars this week....

My counsellor also said they won't be coming out - too much cost apparently????

Oh well, at 66 quid a week i don't know how they can stay in business - YEAH RIGHT!!!

lol xxc

Thanks guys,

Yep, think I'll leave it until day 4 or so.

Cost thing LOL!!!

I am a fruit bar girl myself. Nut bar YUK!:D

Steph x

We were allowed the bars from day 1 but not the water flavourings bizarrely! :confused:

I have to say the nut "crunch" one did remind me of cardboard. However, I am continuing to get it in the hope that I come round to liking it because I can tell I'm going to get very bored VERY quickly with the choices available. :(

Hmmm i'm thinking about re-trying the fruit bars actually... hated ALL the bars at first and didn't eat them for months, then tried the toffee and nut again and found them more palattable - defo the toffee one, quite enjoy that now!

I'm NOT eating bars in my first week, strange how some LLC's say it's ok but others not !!!

I really like the fruit bar.

Some say it's too 'fragrant' for them. Not sure wot that means?? LOL.

It's the only one I like tho'.

GUTTED we're not getting the new flavours, I sampled them back in June I think and they were both REALLY nice. Doh!

Karen, my counsellor is new to refreshers - she had only just started when I originally joined in Feb this year - I think she may have got it wrong.

Steph x :)

I wonder if they said it was ok as you are a restarter :confused:

I'm confused because all my info says no bars in the first week.

I tried revisting some of the flavours I took a dislike to and I still don't like them :rolleyes:

I'm down to toffee bars, lemon bars (my fav) and chocolate milkshakes but luckily am down to only 2 a day so this isn't too bad. :eek:

Yeah.. I'm confused now too! I've been having bars all week (only on day 6).... too frightened to question my counsellor though.. he doesn't seem all that open to questions. Plus at my drop in I had lost 8lbs (end of week WI tomorrow) so it doesn't seem to have slowed down my weight loss.. but then again - maybe I'd have lost more without them??? :confused:

Hi.

I was told that new starters couldn't have them in their first week. I could order them from Week 2. They prevented you from getting into Ketosis something like that. I just new after my first week, I couldn't wait to try them.

Yeah.. I'm confused now too! I've been having bars all week (only on day 6).... too frightened to question my counsellor though.. he doesn't seem all that open to questions. Plus at my drop in I had lost 8lbs (end of week WI tomorrow) so it doesn't seem to have slowed down my weight loss.. but then again - maybe I'd have lost more without them??? :confused:

THATS TERRIABLE HES THERE TOO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS??????
XXC

I missed that bit. You are paying LL enough for them to answer your questions and be approachable. Ask away and you might be surprised. :)

Back