questions on low carbing

Toothfairy

Hi lost quite a bit of weight on cd, but came off it stupidly and put quite a bit back on. I just cant seem to get back into it. I would like to try low carbing and was wondering how much carbs should i have a day. I have about 6st to lose. My main concern is that i dont eat meat. I do eat eggs and fish. But i know atkins and most low carb diets are based around meat. I would appreciate any advice on what i should be eating to lose weight the low carb way.
Thanks in advance
Sharon:D

Hi Sharon. I don't eat meat either. You can do 20g of carbs a day without eating meat if you're careful (20g is what you should stick to in the first few weeks at least).

Get Rose Elliot's book "The Vegetarian Low Carb Diet" - it's very good. There's a cookbook too but the recipes in the original book are just as good if you ask me.

Good luck x

Thankyou for your reply, i will get the book and have a good look and in mean time will try to stick to 20g carbs.:D

Good luck and I'll be interested tosee your progress, I can't get my head around LC veggieng it.

Ugh! yes I hate tofu, tried it in every way imaginable in Hong Kong, never could stand it.

Back