Questions, questions..

TobeaSkinnyMe

Hi

THis is my third attempt at LT.. first time, got sick with vanilla..

2nd : changed to strawberry after reading great advice on here (with sweetners etc)
I went to day 2 and couldnt handle the headaches and dizziness (literally was walking into walls).. so ate..
(then read some girl was fine on day 3.. kicked myself!!) I must have been going into starvation mode..

Now ive tried again - on day 2 again. (more determined now!!!)

But I find the more info you are armed with the better chance you have..

so have a couple of questions...

When did the headaches, dizziness etc go for you?

When will i see the scales move? havent as yet.. (i no its only day 2) but as a rough guide... I need as much motivation as I can get.... as I have a condition that makes it so hard to loose weight and am scared LT still wont make me loose weight..

I am trying the soup later and it says on LT info, you can add curry powder.. any specific one? or just in general .. any of them?

Thanks in advance for help! everything crossed I'll make it.. I have a bridesmaid dress to fit into.. and goto do it!

welcome hun x

you can't add anything to the soup at all.
you can try making it with more or less water to suit you but thats it.

i didn't suffer at all from being dizzy etc but i think it'll go by the end of first week for sure.

i'd advise you not to weigh at home and only the once a week at the pharmacy/docs.
the scales can vary and give false readings so stick to the same scales there.
once a week is enough to weigh anyway(although i have been guilty and done it at home too).

good luck hun x

Theres only one soup? And LT's 'official' advice is not to add anything to it (though most add black pepper or chili flakes?)
I found my headaches were caused by lack of water and was fine one I upped my intake to 3l a day or so.
The dizziness will go when you go into ketosis- usually around day 3-4 for most people.
I agree with staying away from the scales for the first week as yours will definately weigh different to the pharmacys. I found most weeks I was shocked or surprised at my WI's, as I was going in expecting "x" lbs gone and it was ALWAYS different at the pharmacy- even though my scales were 2lbs lighter at my first WI (and most WI's after that, but some weeks they were out by 3-4lbs at the pharmacy WI!)
Keep your head down, keep busy, keep drinking your water, and stay away from the scales- thats my advice to get you through the first week- after your first WI you'll be motivated to carry on!!

hi

Hi Cuddly,

Congrats on Day 1.... Day 1 is hard to get used to shakes .. but by day 2.. you actually look forward to them.. so dont worry, you'll get the hang of it......

I've headaches today, but they are not so bad, im armed with headaches tabs if it gets worse... it does say in literature i got, this is normal... (carb, caffeine withdrawal etc)

Thanks tafflass for well wishes and taking the time to reply... i know you are right about weighin myself but i cant help myself!

I defo read it in the lipotrim literature about the curry powder.. i checked it twice but I will check again....
maybe chemist gave me wrong info..

If not, i'll just have a hot black peppermint tea..

Hi IrishMum,

Thanks for advice...

Ok, so no curry powder ..

I'm getting weighed in later at the gym.. but I will add another goal on my list.. NOT to weigh myself then after until chemist does on SAT.. then hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised.. :O)

Hi

THis is my third attempt at LT.. first time, got sick with vanilla..

2nd : changed to strawberry after reading great advice on here (with sweetners etc)
I went to day 2 and couldnt handle the headaches and dizziness (literally was walking into walls).. so ate..
(then read some girl was fine on day 3.. kicked myself!!) I must have been going into starvation mode..

Now ive tried again - on day 2 again. (more determined now!!!)

But I find the more info you are armed with the better chance you have..

so have a couple of questions...

When did the headaches, dizziness etc go for you?

When will i see the scales move? havent as yet.. (i no its only day 2) but as a rough guide... I need as much motivation as I can get.... as I have a condition that makes it so hard to loose weight and am scared LT still wont make me loose weight..

I am trying the soup later and it says on LT info, you can add curry powder.. any specific one? or just in general .. any of them?

Thanks in advance for help! everything crossed I'll make it.. I have a bridesmaid dress to fit into.. and goto do it!

Hi honey and welcome back and good on you for giving it another go :)

I would say to not weigh yourself. Just stick to the one set of scales that your pharmacy weigh you on - chuck the ones you have at home untill you have finished LT :)

I cant really comment on the headaches etc although i see some others have as i havnt suffered with any of that. Although i'd imagine it'd start to go once you hit ketosis, around day 3/4.

Adding curry powder to the soup is a definate no no! I know Irish has already answered this but i think you are reading about the maintainence soup. You are able to add stuff to the maintainence soup but you have the TFR soup of which you are not allowed to add anything :)

Hope this helps some.

Oh, keep glugging that water :D xxx

Yup everyones advice is brilliant!!

Dont over do it any the gym either!!

A bridesmaids dress is great motivation!!

My headaches were gone by the end of the first week; I still get dizzy occasionally if I've not had any water for a while or stand up too fast. But, you really will feel much better after the first week or two!

Be warned - the soup is definitely an acquired taste!!

Good luck :)

Hannah

Take it one day at a time - keep drinking plenty of water, knock the exercise on the head a little bit and only do gentle cardio and toning with light weights. The headaches and dizziness will pass in a few days. Some people hate the soup but I quite like it. Have you tried any of the flapjacks - some people dont like them but they are not too bad specially with a hot sweet drink.

Remember one day at a time and before you know it you will be dropping pounds all over the place :D
xx

Back