Quick meals on a budget....

I need to get back on the slimming world wagon but am really struggling for meals that will keep all the family happy (my husband who loves his food,and my 3 year old) I feel like all I eat is s/w Chips and spag Bol. I really need quick cheap meal ideas!? PLEASE HELP ME :) Tia xx

If you check the recipe forum there are thousands of recipe ideas

Great budget meal is sausage casserole! Get some low syn sausages, veggie or real whatever you like and cook them in the oven when they're cooked slice them up and put in casserole dish. Pour in bakes beans and tinned toms (chopped or mashed up plum ones doesn't really matter) and then cook not sure how long lol I'm not really a good cook but this is so easy and simple. We usually have it with mashed potato and its lovely and quick cheap meal seeing as you can get tinned toms and beans from asda smart price brand that's all we buy

sausage casserole sounds really yummy and easy Rochelle1, i will have to make it. I've been looking for similar ideas Lauren1401, we have been having slimming world chips with egg and beans at least 3 times a week lol xx

Mm that sausage casserole sounds a treat! Iaat few

Sorry hit send b4 finishing... Meant to say last 2 days I've had sw chips, eggs & beans :)

Why don't you's try pasta too? I use meat free mince, (asda's or quorn) passata (smart price again so cheap!) Or tinned toms, mushrooms and onions to make bolognaise sauce, on smart price long spaghetti with my HEXA of cheese on top and that's one of my faves!! Have you access to lifeline online? There's weekly menu's on there and one is for meals on a budget, gives ya a few ideas for lunches and dinners. There's all sorts we can make :) I try to do things as cheap as poss too

Pasta bakes are always cheap cook some pasta put in a dish , pour over some tinned toms, and add whatever else you like such as mushrooms, bacon , garlic, basil etc and top off with some cheese (using your cheese from your HE allowance.

Thanks for the ideas guys! I eat a lot of pasta and spaghetti,I love it but my other halts getting sick to death of it haha! Sausage casserole sounds great,got some sainsburys be good to yourself sausages for 1/2 a syn so will give it a try with them, Thanks :)

Any others recipes anyone? X

I made a kind of all day breakfast toad in the hole yesterday and it was Syn free as I used a egg mixture instead of batter , cheap, quick and tasty

image-1965290086.jpg

image-1331991910.jpg

gizmogirl said:
What sausages did u use ? Looks lovely...wheres mine :) x

They are lovely joe's Syn free sausages ... These were garlic and herb but I love the chilli and garlic best. All products on the website are Syn free :)

Www.joessausages.co.uk

Mmm that looks lovely! Can we have the recipe please!? We're getting some good ideas now,I feel much better knowing it not spag Bol for the next week :-D lol!
What does everybody do for side/accompaniments (apart from the obvious,veg etc) ? X

We have glazed ham with parsnip and potato mash. Dead simple, and great for a sunday lunch - I use tesco smoked bacon joint and avoid all the fat. Marinade it in 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar and a can of diet coke - no joke. Free and tastes great :)

We have glazed ham with parsnip and potato mash. Dead simple, and great for a sunday lunch - I use tesco smoked bacon joint and avoid all the fat. Marinade it in 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar and a can of diet coke - no joke. Free and tastes great :)

used to always be a christmas special in our house many years ago :)

That sounds sooo yum! I love glazed ham and parsnips!!! This thread is my favourite :) i made the sausage casserole a couple of nights ago and it was lovely and my bf loved it too. I wan't a smoked bacon joint now.

I bought a massive turkey leg from asda last night for only £1.70, anyone got any ideas what i could do with it???

Kat83 said:
That sounds sooo yum! I love glazed ham and parsnips!!! This thread is my favourite :) i made the sausage casserole a couple of nights ago and it was lovely and my bf loved it too. I wan't a smoked bacon joint now.

I bought a massive turkey leg from asda last night for only £1.70, anyone got any ideas what i could do with it???

My mum cooks hers in an oven bag and said they come out delicious and juicy. They're enormous

Back