Disabled and can't cook much

Hi,

I desperately need to lose weight and I'm thinking of doing Slimming World from home as I know the plan quite well.

I am a disabled wheelchair user with chronic illness and I'm bed bound a lot of the time. This means I really struggle with food prep and what to have for lunch and tea. I can't spend time peeling and chopping as I feel so ill all the time and my husband is happy to cook a meal but isn't happy to spend ages preparing stuff (he usually will throw in a pizza and chips etc).

Does anyone have any ideas of how I can do this successfully? Ideas for easy meals and lunches would be great. Thanks!

Have you thought of using any of the meal delivery kits? There are quite a few companies that can ship healthy chef-made, heat and serve, low calorie meals.

Hi, I find pre-prepped veg in the supermarkets can also be pricey. Can your husband compromise in any way, even if it's just 20 minutes or so out of his week. I prep veg, and bag it up in the freezer (husband doesn't like many frozen veggies). He likes swede, and I hate it, so I cut one up the other day and froze it, took about 5 minutes. If you don't mind frozen veg from the shops, that's quick to prepare, and you can also get frozen precooked meats too (chicken strips etc), that just warm up. I know your husband doesn't like spending time cooking, but can you ask him again? It won't take forever, and it it will help you. In the time it takes him to throw pizza or chips in, he can do exactly the same with other more healthier options xx

I sit at my dinning table to prep all my vegetables and meats. I have trouble standing at my stove (I get chronic back pain and my hips are no better), so I get either my son or daughter to cook with my instructions. Our slow cooker has been a god send too.

Last edited:
Back