quick milk question.

great things

Gold Member
hi all

the first 2 weeks of my ss i had a little sneeky milk in my coffee to ease myself into the programme, then i cut it right out from week 3 and 4 and my loss has slowed down. just wondering if it is coincidental?

I believe that your weight loss does slow down after the initial couple of weeks anyway, obviously we can't sustain big losses each week.

Yes, it's unlikely to be because of the milk.

The first two weeks weightloss will include water loss, so tends to be much faster. It then settles down whilst it burns fat.

Week 3 is often a slower week compared to week 4 onwards. Not always the case, but I usually warn my clients that this may happen and to chug on through it as it often picks up again in week 4 :)

kd would you think it was ok to have one dash of skimmed milk in coffee a day on ss, without upsetting wtloss/ketosis too much?

i'm not KD but.... i did this last time and i was fine but i've always done loads of exercise each time and i think i burn it off really quickly. this time i started doing it for the first 2 weeks but then i soon realised that black coffee with sweetner actually tasted a lot nicer than blackish coffee with the small amount of milk i actually put in it.

now my treat is a fantastic americano costa coffee with sweetner. :D

Back