Quick question about Carbs please.....

Big-Pudding

Dreaming of being slim!
I have decided to bring my diet forward and to start the CDSS on the 26th, rather than the 29th as I am ready for it now and have itchy feet!!!
Have been told to cut out the carbs from now. Do I cut then out of just cut down? All my food in the house is planned meals. eg Fish today, spag bol tomorrow etc I have to plan the meals around the kids and where they are that day, whether ds has clubs, whether anyone is at nursery etc
I am going to find it really hrd to cut carbs out completely. Can I just cut down?? Will it help??

Yes, even just cutting down will help. Try to have smaller portions of carbs where possible and miss out bread on the side - even just that will help a lot.

Brill thank you.

Just dont know what I could have with spag bog if I didnt put any pasta with it!! Will halve my portions sizes of carbs then.
Also didnt want to start losing weight before I had strted incase it effected my 1st week weigh in.

I wouldn't worry, if you lose a bit this week as well you've still lost it, you just get to wave goodbye to some of it a week sooner.

Hey, how's about Spag Bol with the Spag replaced with veggies ....... that will cut down the carbs in that meal :)

Just a suggestion .... but as everyone has said, just cutting down helps you through the first few days - you do not have to cut out.

Steve

Oh, and if you are having fish, don't have chips with it!! Fish is pretty much zero carbs (or trace) depending on what has been done with it, but if you have potatoes with it you are loading the meal with carbs.

Steve

Oh ok-will start on the water now!

The fish will be easy to eat, I bake it then pop prsley sauce on the top and have mash or new potatoes, will just have loads of veg instead.

Can I still have chocolate? Need to finish half a box so its out the house!!

Chocolate is full of carbs - you don't need to finish it by eating it all yourself :)

Chuck it out or give it to your family to eat!

Oh God, Am I going to suffer this week?? I didn't out carbs at all before hand and started the diet today... Too late now!!

and not having to eat it all yourself????????!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Don't think I could leave the chcolates:(

It could be like saying goodbye to an old friend with each one you eat:rolleyes: :p

After that cut down on the carbs, as the thought of the chocolates might haunt you later if you do not eat them.

Love Mini xxx

Right have picked all the nice ones out and ate them(alpini, praline etc!!!) and have gave the kids a feast. Lots of coffee and strawberry creams left.... any takers??? Doubt it!! Bleughhhhhhh!!!

Couldnt not have them though! There are foods I have had to have before I started like steak, chicken balls, chocolate!! Like a big 'au revior' to all the nice stuff!
Feel all ready to start now but have put 4lb on in 3 days from eating so much crap! Whooops!

lol at you lot-sorry! Never even thought not to mention food on a diet board, soz for being a selfish mare!!

I like the coffee ones! :rolleyes:

Now that you have disposed of the chocolate I am sure you are feeling much relieved that they are not there now to annoy you.:)

Cutting down gradually on the carbs and increasing your water intake will make it much easier for yourself to get into ketosis and the withdrawal from carbs will not be as severe.

Be sure to get some photos side and full view of yourself to have to look back on as when you lose the weight so fast it does take the head awhile to catch up with reality and the best help here is photos as you can see your progress much more clearly in them and it is also nice for yourself to have a record.

Must hate the idea of photos before hand but then regret it later that they did not have a before photo.

Measurements is another to measure yourself from the neck down and not forgetting your upper arms.

Also write down all the thing you can not do now because of your weight...what you would like to change and set yourself some mini goals.

Just think in a couple of months you will be Little-pudding:)

Love Mini xxx

Back