Quite proud of myself really...

Jo B

I was fortunate enough to go and see Take That last night with one of my suppliers and included was a champagne reception and 3 course meal. I had said all along that I wasn't going to eat or drink and went armed with a peanut bar and a shake. When I got there it was a lot harder than I had hoped - probably the first time since the first week when it really bothered me. I sat through all three courses with untouched plates of food in front of me, swapping with people when I could when they were finished. It was strange because it wasn't not eating that bothered me, more the detachment from the whole experience. The meal obviously wasn't the main reason for going but it did make up the whole package. Whilst they had their main course I went out onto the balcony with my trusty bar as I could have quite cheerfully licked the chicken!
However, not a morsel or a drop of anything passed my lips all night and today I am very proud of myself for doing it.
Plus today has been stroke city! For some reason people who didn't know I was doing LL have this week noticed how much I have lost and everyone has been commenting, which has been lovely. On top of all of this I put a pair of trousers on this morning and by the time I got to work I realised that they were now officially too big - especially when I went to the loo, breathed and in they just fell down! So at lunchtime had to treat myself to a new pair to wear this afternoon!!!
Sorry this is a bit of a me me me ramble but am having a good moment!

Well done Jo for abstaining from the meal, quite an achievement. All those positive strokes must have made you feel fantastic. Keep up the good work.

Donna

Wow Jo

That is just fantastic! I know exactly what it is like to be detached from the food. I am a chef ( lol for my sins) so I am dealing with it all every day, and now off to paris for 10 days armed with bars, shakes and soups!!! No croissant, cheese or saucisson for me!!! But big Congrats to you!!!

Jez
xx

I Love Take That! Lucky you!

Well done on your fab weight loss and on being so strong not easy sometimes when faced with a lovely meal:sigh:

I think it was great that you could reward yourself today with a new trousers in a smaller size!:happy096:

Love Mini xxx

Well done on staying strong Jo, you have every right to feel proud.

How were the boys? :D I'm seeing them on the 3rd July and can't wait!

Well done Jo

Isn't it lovely when your trousers fall down?!
Just shows - you can still have a good time and feel great without the food and drink.
It's all in the mind.Congratulations on your positive strokes.

You are so right to feel good. What an amazing achievement. Well done!

All positive stokes fully deserved. Accept and enjoy. xx

well done Jo - its great that you did so well.
I'm off to them on the 21st - cant wait - was it good????:D

well done! you should feel very pleased with yourself!
daisy x

In answer to all the questions about Take That - they were AWESOME! I am very jealous of all of you who have still got it to look forward to, I have been looking at ebay for more tickets!
Thank you for all your lovely support as well
x

Hey Jo, lucky you! I am seeing them on 4th July really really can't wait! Well done for staying strong, i'm away for the weekend with some friends and the whole three days is based around food. It was arranged before i'm starting the diet, i know that i'll be able to stay abstinant but feel quite frustrated that i can't join in with the food & drink.

... I put a pair of trousers on this morning and by the time I got to work I realised that they were now officially too big - especially when I went to the loo, breathed and in they just fell down! So at lunchtime had to treat myself to a new pair to wear this afternoon!!!

This made me LOL ... You should be proud of your self-control in the face of such temptation, good job, and well done on your weight loss.

Back