Quorn Curry Syn Value??

aliscrapper

Hi

The weekend after next is our first wedding anniversary and we're going to our local Indian. I noticed that they do Quorn Currys. Was thinking that if I had it with boiled rice; then the only syns would be in the oil they use???? Thanks:)

If you're doing extra easy, you may aswell have the meat anyway! But if you're doing green, quorn options are great. The syns depends on the kind of curry you have - some are quite high due to the use of cream, coconut milk etc. All of the average syns for takeaway curries are in the back of the food optimising book - lowest is Dhansak at 6.5 syns for 300g :)

If you're doing extra easy, you may aswell have the meat anyway! But if you're doing green, quorn options are great. The syns depends on the kind of curry you have - some are quite high due to the use of cream, coconut milk etc. All of the average syns for takeaway curries are in the back of the food optimising book - lowest is Dhansak at 6.5 syns for 300g :)

My favourite is Chicken Tikka Masala and I checked that out in my food optimising book and was surprised that it was only 15 syns for your average portion and my boiled rice would be free and half a portion of bombay potatoes with hubby would be 4 syns. I'd just avoid the onion bhaji's at 8.5 syns each!

I don't do Extra Easy but can see how it would be a great option for a curry - thanks!:D

Back