Quorn Curry Syn Value??

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Eating Out' started by aliscrapper, 17 June 2011 Social URL.

1. aliscrapper

aliscrapper Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi

The weekend after next is our first wedding anniversary and we're going to our local Indian. I noticed that they do Quorn Currys. Was thinking that if I had it with boiled rice; then the only syns would be in the oil they use???? Thanks:)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jesski

jesski Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.5lb(2.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    If you're doing extra easy, you may aswell have the meat anyway! But if you're doing green, quorn options are great. The syns depends on the kind of curry you have - some are quite high due to the use of cream, coconut milk etc. All of the average syns for takeaway curries are in the back of the food optimising book - lowest is Dhansak at 6.5 syns for 300g :)

4. aliscrapper

aliscrapper Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    My favourite is Chicken Tikka Masala and I checked that out in my food optimising book and was surprised that it was only 15 syns for your average portion and my boiled rice would be free and half a portion of bombay potatoes with hubby would be 4 syns. I'd just avoid the onion bhaji's at 8.5 syns each!

I don't do Extra Easy but can see how it would be a great option for a curry - thanks!:D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.