quorn on SS+

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Dietingdon, 3 July 2009 Social URL.

1. Dietingdon

Dietingdon Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st6lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    The book says we can have it, but does this include Quorn sausages? I LOVE them, but don't want to risk it until I know.

Thanks in advance

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lily

Lily Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.38%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Sadly not. You can have the chicken-style pieces, I believe. But not the sausages, burgers etc. I think it's got something to do with the onion content.

Sorry. :)

4. MissPinky

MissPinky Shrinky Pinky!

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet - maintenance
    I'm SS+ and I've had the Quorn chicken style and beef style chunks (new), and also the Quorn mince.

Quorn fillets, if you can get them, are not too bad - a small amount of onion, but I've rarely found more than one little chunk in an average Quorn fillet. Have also on occasion had plain Quorn sausages - not the sizzling, bramley apple or cumberlands though. There's also (from some supermarkets) plain Quorn burgers (not the mexican ones or quarter pounders, which have loads of onion and peppers etc added).

I like Quorn a lot, and have not noticed any issues re: weight loss or ketosis when I've had these, to be honest. I don't have them every day, which probably helps.
    That's my experience - but obviously it's your choice.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.