Quorn Recipes??

aliscrapper

Hi

I love Quorn but not got many receipes to use with the pieces and mince.

Has anyone tried any new Quorn receipes that they could share?? Thanks:)

Have you tried doing a search in the main recipe forum? I am sure there are lots of quorn recipes there. Or of course you can do meaty recipes and just substitute quorn for chicken or whatever. Take a look at the quorn website because there are also lots of recipe ideas on there.

Am loving Quorn with the Old El Paso spice mix at the mo...the Smokey BBQ one is only summat like 3 syns for the whole pack so I use half and fry up some quorn in frylight with onions and peppers. Gorgeous in a wrap or with potatoes...I imagine it would be nice in a jacket spud too.

TheMissus said:
Am loving Quorn with the Old El Paso spice mix at the mo...the Smokey BBQ one is only summat like 3 syns for the whole pack so I use half and fry up some quorn in frylight with onions and peppers. Gorgeous in a wrap or with potatoes...I imagine it would be nice in a jacket spud too.

Mmmm! Thanks for that, it's sounds so nice, are all the el paso spice mixes low??

I make quorn chilli with 1 x tin red kidney beans drained, chopped tomatoes, quorn mince, tomatoe puree, chilli powder (half to 1 teaspoon depends on taste) 1 teaspoon cumin, 2 garlic cloves, if you want to add more veg like onion, peppers, celery add some passata to required consistency. I have it with jacket potatoe or rice and cottage cheese yummy!!

Frozen Quorn chunks, 2x teaspoon pataks curry paste (1 syn per teaspoon) half tin chop tomatoes (per person) add onions and peppers if required, aprox 100ml water. I add all ingredients in a bowl and microwave for 10-15 mins (curry and chilli) serve with rice x

The pataks curry paste lasts for 6 weeks in the fridge once opened!!

I attempted quorn burgers at the weekend; but they were a fail :-( does anyone have ant suggestions? Xxx

I make quorn chilli with 1 x tin red kidney beans drained, chopped tomatoes, quorn mince, tomatoe puree, chilli powder (half to 1 teaspoon depends on taste) 1 teaspoon cumin, 2 garlic cloves, if you want to add more veg like onion, peppers, celery add some passata to required consistency. I have it with jacket potatoe or rice and cottage cheese yummy!!

Frozen Quorn chunks, 2x teaspoon pataks curry paste (1 syn per teaspoon) half tin chop tomatoes (per person) add onions and peppers if required, aprox 100ml water. I add all ingredients in a bowl and microwave for 10-15 mins (curry and chilli) serve with rice x

That sounds yummy - thanks for sharing!:D

I have made bbq lasagne with the quorn chicken pieces and just add some bbq sauce instead of puree.

Also quorn chicken pasta - quorn chicken pieces, tinned peas and tinned tomatoes cooked then serve with pasta and healthy extra cheese. 10 minute meal, yummy and free on green!

I have made bbq lasagne with the quorn chicken pieces and just add some bbq sauce instead of puree.

Also quorn chicken pasta - quorn chicken pieces, tinned peas and tinned tomatoes cooked then serve with pasta and healthy extra cheese. 10 minute meal, yummy and free on green!

Is there a receipe for the bbq lasagne?? Sounds extremely yummy! Thanks!

Think I will do the quorn chicken pasta tonight - dont' feel much like standing in the kitchen for too long as it is so lovely and warm!:D

Is there a receipe for the bbq lasagne?? Sounds extremely yummy! Thanks!

Think I will do the quorn chicken pasta tonight - dont' feel much like standing in the kitchen for too long as it is so lovely and warm!:D

I do quorn chicken pieces, peppers, onions, mushrooms, add a tin of kidney beans and 2 tins tomatoes, some salt, pepper & herbs and then a few tbs bbq sauce (depends on your taste) and syn that. I also just alternate sauce with lasagne sheets and only put white sauce on the top. I can get away with half a jar of sauce on top which then tends to work out at less than 5 syns per portion. Or you can get the white sauce in a pack, just add water things which are less syns. Then some healthy extra cheese on top. That tends to make 4 large portions of lasagne.

I do quorn chicken pieces, peppers, onions, mushrooms, add a tin of kidney beans and 2 tins tomatoes, some salt, pepper & herbs and then a few tbs bbq sauce (depends on your taste) and syn that. I also just alternate sauce with lasagne sheets and only put white sauce on the top. I can get away with half a jar of sauce on top which then tends to work out at less than 5 syns per portion. Or you can get the white sauce in a pack, just add water things which are less syns. Then some healthy extra cheese on top. That tends to make 4 large portions of lasagne.

My mouth is now watering!! Sounds very yummy - thanks for posting the receipe!

I am having Tandoori Quorn tonights.
Marinade fillets or pieces for about 4 hours in a mixture of natural yoghurt, garlic and tandoori spices.
Grill and serve with brown rice - delicious.:)

I am having Tandoori Quorn tonights.
Marinade fillets or pieces for about 4 hours in a mixture of natural yoghurt, garlic and tandoori spices.
Grill and serve with brown rice - delicious.:)

That does sound yummy and I have some Quorn fillets in the freezer!:D What tandoori spices do you use?? Thanks

Back