Green Days Quorn

lolacola

Silver Member
After doing quite a lot of red days, I'm going to do green and EE for the rest of the week until my WI next Wednesday.

To my understanding, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but the balance is that on Red days you limit your carbs, and on Green days you limit your protein.

Now I know that Quorn is free on both and I don't mean to question the plan, but since Quorn is high in protein, should I be conscious about how much of it I consume, because I have been really looking forward to a Green day Chilli con carne made with Quorn and pasta?

Or am I totally missing the point?

I've never really thought about it in that way. I simply use quorn to substitute for meat on green days - and so that I can have things like chilli's without having to worry about weighing meat. (plus it's typically cheaper then meat).

I'd just believe in the plan and use what you like - it works (well for me it does). :)

I've never really thought about it in that way. I simply use quorn to substitute for meat on green days - and so that I can have things like chilli's without having to worry about weighing meat. (plus it's typically cheaper then meat).

I'd just believe in the plan and use what you like - it works (well for me it does). :)

exactly what he said! couldnt have put it better myself.

I only do green days as I am a vegetarian. I eat LOADS of Quorn and other meat replacement products, and it does work!

i think its fine to have quorn. I find it a really good stand in for meat. you have to remember than quorn is really low in fat.

Don't worry about the protein, baked beans are high in protein and they're a Green day staple!!

Thanks everyone - it just seemed a bit too good to be true after all my red days and my fishy week too :D I started off doing EE and green but almost forgot how they work!!! xx

I noyl do green being a veggie and tbh i can not STAND meat replacements as they have the same taste and texture of meat LOL. I use veg pulses and what have you in chillis and such. Most of what i eat is on the superfree list tbh

I do mostly green and I use a fair amount of Quorn! It hasnt affected my losses so far xxx

I always thought that the green camp had it easier than the red camp as green have such a good meat substitute but there isn't really a red substitute for pasta and rice.

If only I wasn't so scared (but so in love) with carbs!

Yeah Auburn, I discovered cauli rice a while back and do have it now and then... I make such a mess grating it though!
It's more the pasta I miss really

I'm considering giving EE another shot but to eat more lentils and things rather than loads of pasta. Just need to find some recipes now!

dried (not fresh) pasta (but not rice) is available as a HeB on Red days Lisa...

Ive always just avoided it completely (as much as I can) I think if I was going to have pasta on red I may as well do EE.....

Back