Quotes...

Kels_85

Silver Member
I found these quotes, I'm going to stick some in my signiture. I think they are great :D
Anybody else have some good ones?

You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be. – You must have an aim, a vision, a goal.
If you have a positiveattitude and constantly strive to give your best effort, eventually you will overcome your immediate problems and find you are ready for great challenges.
We first make our habits, and then our habits make us.
Obstacles don’t have to stop you.
One may walk over the highest mountain one step at a time.
You are never given a wish without also being given the power to make it come true. You may have to work for it however. ( My favourite )
Someone’s opinion of you does not have to become your reality.
Self-reverence, self-knowledge, self-control—these three alone lead life to sovereign power.
Six essential qualities are the key to success: Sincerity, personal integrity, humility, courtesy, wisdom, charity
xxx

a favourite of mine and so appropriate for cd

"If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?."

"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going."

Love them Sasha xxx

It's only right that there should be a Judith Beck quote here :D

I can eat whatever I want, whenever I want, in whatever quantity I want... OR

...I can be slim. I can't have it both ways!

I like that Lily, how are you finding the Besk book? I have seen many people on here talking about it...
xxx

I like that Lily, how are you finding the Besk book? I have seen many people on here talking about it...
xxx

It's thought-provoking stuff. As she says, all diets work, but you need to keep tackling the sabotaging thoughts in your head in order to a) keep going and b) maintain your new weight afterwards. I think what I like best about it is that it isn't page after page of woolly psychobabble - it's things that you can remember, things that you can say to yourself when you're trying to decide to eat or not to eat.

I have to confess though that I'm reading another book alongside Beck by a woman called Linda Spangle called 100 Days of Weightloss, which in many ways is quite similar stuff, but for some reason, the things she writes about really resonate with me.

Like for example, the difference between being 'interested' in losing weight (yes, of course - ALWAYS :)) and being 'committed' to lose weight (ah, errmm... sometimes not so much :eek:). But you see, a statement like that then fits quite nicely with a Beck principle which is to give yourself 'NO CHOICE' - yes, you'd love to eat (insert name of favourite food) but tough, you can't - because it isn't on your diet plan today.

It's the 'head' stuff I need, I think. :)

im beginning to suspect that most of this forum have bought shares in the beck book :D

It's only right that there should be a Judith Beck quote here :D

I can eat whatever I want, whenever I want, in whatever quantity I want... OR

...I can be slim. I can't have it both ways!

ooohh yes and i know which one i 'want'

im beginning to suspect that most of this forum have bought shares in the beck book :D

LOL, I know. We should work on commission. :)

Back