Race for life - opinions please

Have just done mine:) Managed to raise £160 not super money but every bit helps
I ran for my mum who has terminal cancer started in her breast 2 years ago and has now gone into her spine :(

Good luck xx

Thank you all so much for your support!!

Im so sorry Debs that's heartbreaking news (((hugs))) £160 is brilliant! Like you said every little helps. Hopefully from all of our little bits of donations we'll be able to change the future

Good luck sairz!!xx

Oh Pesty i had a brilliant time - i hope you have just as much fun at yours! I managed to get round in 44 minutes - it would have been quicker but the heat today was fabulous - which meant we couldnt jog as much as we would have liked! but we did jog a lot! :D x

Oh Pesty i had a brilliant time - i hope you have just as much fun at yours! I managed to get round in 44 minutes - it would have been quicker but the heat today was fabulous - which meant we couldnt jog as much as we would have liked! but we did jog a lot! :D x

Well done EB that's a great time xxx

Is it DD? I dont know what the normal time is? :D i was impressed with it to be honest :D x thank you xxx

Is it DD? I dont know what the normal time is? :D i was impressed with it to be honest :D x thank you xxx

I think so - it works out an average of just under 15 minutes a mile which in this heat isn't bad going at all! xxx

Well done EB!! That is a fantastic time!! (i dont know what the average is, but 15 minutes a mile is brilliant!!)

I hope its a good time, i can imagine it being very emotional but the buzz will be AMAZING!! xx

Have just done mine:) Managed to raise £160 not super money but every bit helps
I ran for my mum who has terminal cancer started in her breast 2 years ago and has now gone into her spine :(

Good luck xx

That's a brilliant amount. I read somewhere that it costs £95 to check one woman out for breast cancer, so that's one paid for! I've only raised £100 this year, but did 3 times the amount last year. I do donate once a month anyway, and every little helps

Omg, I've just seen you sponsorship page! Amazing!!!!

My sponsorship page??

Thank you :D I had a rally round the pub yesterday - im a local so i knew quite a few people in there and I knew they'd be there cuz of the footy :giggle: bit sneaky really but im happy with being cheeky and asking people if i can help in saving lives :)

xx

Cheeky is good...really good. I work on the theory that when you are asking for something the worst anyone can do to you is say no so you might as well ask eeryone.

Good luck !!!

Cheeky is good...really good. I work on the theory that when you are asking for something the worst anyone can do to you is say no so you might as well ask eeryone.

Good luck !!!

I found this out last night!! I was asking round the pub and getting a really good response, i went and asked 'uncle' Matt and he just looked at me, i said 'i'll come back later' and smiled and he said 'I THINK THAT'S FOR THE BEST, DONT YOU?!?!'

My response was quite simply 'oooooo who pee'd in your cornflakes!!' he did then laugh at me but i said it more out of embarresment than anything else lol xx

did you do any training Elle?? xx

well i signed up in January, but have not really done any training other than walking to various places rather than driving (local shops, SW class etc) so perhaps i have without thinking too much about it!!! xxx

well i signed up in January, but have not really done any training other than walking to various places rather than driving (local shops, SW class etc) so perhaps i have without thinking too much about it!!! xxx

I was walking to work everyday (2.5 miles) which would have been good training but i havent done it in over a month!!! My holiday took me out of routine and now im just being lazy :eek:

Im not goin to go too mad but i night do some free jogging on the wii to try and build up my stamina!! Im really hoping it cools down a bit tho!!

I havent told my nan yet, im sort of telling her bit by bit. Ive told her that im running and how much ive raised but i havent told her yet that RFL is for cancer research - or that im doing it in her honor! xx

Back