Race for life?

OneDeterminedChick

Oh my gosh, im back AGAIN
Hi guys, I have made the decision today to enter myself to do the race for life this year, 5k run!!

I have never done it before and I know that you can walk/run/jog/hop/skip to the finish but I seriously want to run/jog it all the way!

I have 14 weeks to get fit & ready for it.

Currently my fitness is probably the best it's ever been by going to the gym 3-4 times a week for last 11 weeks but i'm definately not at the stage yet to run 5k!

I haven't even tried running on the treadmill yet but I am going to attempt it tomoro morning when I go to the gym!

Is there anyone else here that has done it before or going to do it this year??>xx

I done the Race for Life in 2008 and am planning on doing it again this year. I walked last time as my then 11 year old daughter done it with me so I had to go at a pace that was good for her.
Not sure if I will be able to run/jog this time as I now have a problem with my back, but am fine to walk it again.
There is a great atmosphere but it is also quite sad reading everyones messages, but it was such a great feeling to complete it and of course raise money for a great cause!

Well done on doing it in 2008, i'm really looking forward to it, it's such a great cause and will be such an achievement WHEN i do it!.x

i've been thinking about doing it, but dunno if i will this year. don't think i am fit enough, plus i don't think any of my friends will be up for it

Theres a group of ladies doing it at my workplace. I did consider doing it but for my own reasons im not.

the women at work are going on the treadmills during dinner because they want to run it this year not walk!

Good luck :D

I did it last yr, I walked most of the way as I was doing it with one of my friends who was about 14 weeks pregnant, I ran the last km and it felt great! did it in just under an hour (4km walking and 1km running)

Well done Linz - that's awesome! And very brave of you but sounds like you've got plenty of time to train. There is a section on the guardian website which has a training plan to help you ease into it - that might help if you want some ideas on how to structure you're training, it's on here: Getting fit | Life and style | guardian.co.uk

I am doing the moonwalk this year - it's a very long walk but I don't think I could handle running more than 10 metres let alone 5000!
Good luck with your training - keep us updated as to how you are getting on :)

thanks everyone, angel i'll get round to lookin at the link, just quickly popped on just now!!!//xxxx

Back