Race for life?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by OneDeterminedChick, 6 February 2010 Social URL.

1. OneDeterminedChick

OneDeterminedChick Oh my gosh, im back AGAIN

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.18%)
    Diet:
    Good ol' Weight Watchers!
    Hi guys, I have made the decision today to enter myself to do the race for life this year, 5k run!!

I have never done it before and I know that you can walk/run/jog/hop/skip to the finish but I seriously want to run/jog it all the way!

I have 14 weeks to get fit & ready for it.

Currently my fitness is probably the best it's ever been by going to the gym 3-4 times a week for last 11 weeks but i'm definately not at the stage yet to run 5k!

I haven't even tried running on the treadmill yet but I am going to attempt it tomoro morning when I go to the gym!

Is there anyone else here that has done it before or going to do it this year??>xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. GlitterBabe

GlitterBabe Full Member

I done the Race for Life in 2008 and am planning on doing it again this year. I walked last time as my then 11 year old daughter done it with me so I had to go at a pace that was good for her.
    Not sure if I will be able to run/jog this time as I now have a problem with my back, but am fine to walk it again.
    There is a great atmosphere but it is also quite sad reading everyones messages, but it was such a great feeling to complete it and of course raise money for a great cause!

OneDeterminedChick likes this.
  4. OneDeterminedChick

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.18%)
    Diet:
    Well done on doing it in 2008, i'm really looking forward to it, it's such a great cause and will be such an achievement WHEN i do it!.x

5. beccabottle

beccabottle Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(5.9%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    i've been thinking about doing it, but dunno if i will this year. don't think i am fit enough, plus i don't think any of my friends will be up for it

6. Shabba

Shabba Loves the Nom Nom!!!

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(11.84%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers PP
    Theres a group of ladies doing it at my workplace. I did consider doing it but for my own reasons im not.

the women at work are going on the treadmills during dinner because they want to run it this year not walk!

Good luck :D

7. pinkstardust

pinkstardust Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.91%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    I did it last yr, I walked most of the way as I was doing it with one of my friends who was about 14 weeks pregnant, I ran the last km and it felt great! did it in just under an hour (4km walking and 1km running)

8. DopeyAngel

DopeyAngel Sweet wrapper fetishist.

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(15.76%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Well done Linz - that's awesome! And very brave of you but sounds like you've got plenty of time to train. There is a section on the guardian website which has a training plan to help you ease into it - that might help if you want some ideas on how to structure you're training, it's on here: Getting fit | Life and style | guardian.co.uk

I am doing the moonwalk this year - it's a very long walk but I don't think I could handle running more than 10 metres let alone 5000!
    Good luck with your training - keep us updated as to how you are getting on :)

9. OneDeterminedChick

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.18%)
    Diet:
    thanks everyone, angel i'll get round to lookin at the link, just quickly popped on just now!!!//xxxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.