Race for life?

AllyLL

I was thinking of doing a 5k race for life. Is this a really daft idea while I am on absitence and still overweight (I hope to have a BMI of about 28 then).

I go the gym/swim 2-3 times a week and do walk at the moment but not been jogging...

I know no-one can give me medical advice but has anyone experience of this while on abistenence?

You go for it ally. I did mine yesterday along with over a thousand other women the majority of them walked, I walked and jogged and really enjoyed it. If you get tired walk with the other ladies, there were women of all shapes sizes and ages there. Go for it and good luck.

I also done the Race for life yesterday and i jogged, walked and ran it in the end - great day out and you are doing something so worthwhile. You can do it!! I managed to do it in 45mins and 8 seconds not bad considering i sprained ankle two weeks ago. Nivea boys are worth seeing too!! ;0)

Last year I did the moonwalk with a BMI of over 35 and that's 26.2 miles. I was exhausted by the end but I survived. I would advise you to do some training first though even if it's just walking as fast as you can.

i do it every year, mine is in June. just walk at your own pace. i have seen people partricipate in the actual run pushing prams and i have seen people with crutches doing it , old and young it doesnt matter how long it takes you, just the fact your doing it. take it steady and you will be fine im sure

Thank you!! I will sing up now - before I can back out.

Back