Step 1 Sole Source Rachel Jane's Diary

Hi ladies,

Really need some help. Have fallen off the wagon the past week and really want to get back on it....desperately!!!! But my focus seems to have shifted. HELP!!!! Thanks.

Hols xxx

Hi Holly I've just read this after a week on holiday, I went very off-plan too! How are things now? We should meet for coffee some time and give each other some encouragement.

I've been sticking to my Couch to 5k running program and this week I've been doing 3 mins alternate jogging/walking. Running is not a word I ever thought would enter my vocabulary! Luckily the calories burned have still allowed me to lose 3lb in the last 2 weeks despite holiday/birthday taking me way off plan.

Absolutely hating work at the moment but so far I haven't turned to the biscuit cupboard for comfort which is a new feeling!

I can't believe I'm saying this but I've just completed my first 5k group run at a local park. Less than a month ago I'd have been laughing my socks off if anyone told me I'd ever do something like that :D
I feel so much more confident after just 18lbs... it's lovely not to be 'obese' any more. I can't wait to see what it feels like not to be overweight any more!!

Hi. Well done for keeping this up! I fell off the wagon a long time ago but Im so sick of looking and feeling miserable, unhealthy, fat and Mummsie. So Im back on it today. My cdc is aware but cant weigh me until next week as shes away on holiday. I still have enough shakes etc so will stick to plan until then. I really hope I can do it this time and dont mess it up. In my mind I want to get a few stone off and then I will more confident to go back to the gym, eat less and have a healthy attitude to food again.
I may well pop on here just to check in now and then until Im stronger again :). Hope thats okay.
Well done on your park run! x

Hi Giraffe, good to hear from you. We're in a similar position I think - I've been very off-plan lately and getting way too complacent, so today I've decided I CAN, I WILL, I MUST. There's a sponge cake sitting in my kitchen with thick chocolate butter cream on top shouting 'eat me, eat me' and it's taken a ridiculous amount of willpower to ignore it and have a shake this morning instead. BUT the feeling of having stayed in control is better than the short-term kick I'd have got if I'd eaten it.

So, let's you and me start again today, together, and kick each others' butts until our CDCs come back off holiday to do it for us ;)

p.s. I just tried to private message you but it won't let me until you reach 50 posts - I wanted to ask your name and where in Hampshire you're from but I didn't want to ask on the open forum! x

Amazing work with you all, my first day and it was hard!! Because of the shakes and soups's taste :( looking forward to complete my 1st week!

Sent from my iPhone
Goal 33 lbs

Hi honey.
I'm sorry I have only just read this message. How are you? Are you still with it? I see you've sent me a friend request but I'm not sure how to accept?! Not as easy as fb this forum lol. I'm currently near Andover. The reason I haven't been on here is because I gave up. Pure and simple. Tried to go to sw but actually I hate it. All those carbs can't be healthy! But I'm miserable. I'm bigger than I ever was. I look 9 months pregnant. Most of my weight goes on my stomach. But I stay slimming everywhere else. It's not a good luck. I actually feel like not leaving the house. I watched "fat , fight of my life" last night and cried pretty much the whole way through. I have a gorgeous husband and although he says he does, I can't believe he would ever fancy me. Goodness this is a miserable post. But I e made a decision. It's, feel like this or make a positive start. So I'm meeting my choc on Monday. I'm restarting tomorrow as I have shakes left but i have to do something. I'm a mess ATM to be honest. Trying to hold onto the fact that I've made a positive decision. I really hope your doing better than me. Big hugs xxxxx

Damn auto correct. Cwpc not choc lol

Hey raghes, how's it going? Are you still on plan? X

Hi Giraffe, I'm so glad you've decided to make a positive decision to do this - it's half the goal, as we can't get what we want until we know what we want. I'm only an hour away from you so if you ever feel like a trip to the seaside for a motivating walk on the beach, here I am!

I'm sort of half on/ half off CWP at the moment but in a good way. After the initial weight losses my confidence suddenly took me in a whole new direction and I started running (something I never ever thought I could or would do). When I start a new project I'm one of those people who has to go for it in a massive way, I can't faff half-heartedly. I couldn't even walk up the stairs without puffing and going red, so goodness knows what I was thinking, but I went out and got a book on 'training for a marathon' - everyone I told thought it was hilarious.
Well, I'm the one who's laughing now because I've kept up the training every day and yesterday I ran my first 5k (3.1 miles). My times are still fairly slow but if someone had told me a month ago that I'd be able to run for 40 minutes without stopping I'd have thought they were insane.
So the reason I'm not doing CWP strictly at the moment is because I'm burning too many calories for it to be safe; I'm still having 2 or 3 shakes each day and eating a couple of small meals, similar to step 3. Except sometimes I swap my evening meal for a cake or some chocolates if I've had a really good exercise day lol

I guess my advice to anyone on here, whether starting or struggling or doing great, is to start believing that you can do it. Make a positive decision like Giraffe and prove all those niggly voices in your head wrong!

p.s. Giraffe - I love the fact that even your autocorrect is thinking of chocolate :)

Last edited:
p.s. 21lbs off in 7 weeks, happy with keeping it slow and steady now.
I've toned up and lost loads of inches:
Trousers down 2 sizes from 20 to 16
Top down 3 sizes from 22 to 16

Wow, you've done so well! Well done. Thats exactly what I did around 5 years ago after I had my daughter. I did Lighterlife and lost around a stone and a half and then swopped to excercise and healthy eating. Its what I intend to do, this time, too. At the moment I feel too big to start lol. Muscle weighs more than fat and your still loosing. Fabulous. I bet you feel so good running! You go lady :D!!!

Well day 1 and Ive been up for not very long actually and Ive refused a steaming hot cup of tea. I cant drink it without milk and half a sugar so I dont have any on plan. Im very proud of myself... I have my husband on board and he is doing all the cooking today. He works away from Sun-Fri so Im hoping to have lost at least half a stone by the time he comes back on Fri. He doesnt actually agree with the plan. He is in the forces and advocates healthy eating and exercise. As I do. However, I sat down with him last night and asked him to support it and he has agreed. He tipped my cup of tea away before I could drink it ha ha. I have told him that I want to do 2 weeks initially, and then maybe come up the steps a bit to incorporate excercise.

Its my birthday in 2 weeks so I will be coming off plan then. Hopefully just a little bit. Who knows, maybe I will want to stick with it for another week. Its great to hear how you are doing and Im really impressed, not only with your weightloss, but with your lifestyle change. This is, after all, what its all about. I iwll keep you posted as to how my first week goes. Take care xxxx

My CDC is back off holiday and I had a nice session with her on Tuesday. I've been dropping around 1 to 1.5 lbs a week which is slow but steady and I'm ok with that as getting fitter and healthier is more important to me at the moment than racing to get the pounds off.
I've got loads of products left from being on/off/on/off plan over the summer; my CDC said she'd still be happy to see me for weigh-ins every week even if I'm not having to buy products for a while but I thought that was a bit unfair on her, she has a business to run after all! So we've agreed that I will see her once a fortnight and I'll weigh myself the other weeks. I feel very happy with that.
I did a 5k group run on Saturday in 39 minutes, kept up a slow jog all the way! Exactly a month ago I recorded in my training journal that keeping up a 90 second run was the most I could do, so I'm quite shocked at how fast my fitness is improving. I wanted to go out for an early run this morning but I woke up with a horrid sore throat and a niggly cough and all achey :( I hope I haven't picked up horrible germs from all the kids in the swimming pool - that's one exercise I'll be stopping if I start getting ill from it!
I'll have a couple of rest days and do another group run on Saturday, hopefully improve my time by a couple of minutes each week. Feels good!

Back