Rachel's Food Diary! I WILL be a slim bride!

Rachel7896

Hi Everyone,

I've been on minimins for a while now but not really got the hang of keeping a food diary. Thanks to my friend Lauren, i've worked out how to get one started and keep it going!

I started SW on New Years Day, and have lost 10lbs since then. I'm aiming for a loss of 1lb - 3lbs a week, as i want to lose the weight slowly and healthily because i want to keep it off, and also keep my social life which does consist of a lot of eating out, and drinking :eat:

I've done quite well so far (i think!) but put on 1lb this week after a few too many vodka's and a late night/early morning Mcdonalds :doh: so i'm getting back on it today, and i'm going to be strict with myself - or at least try!

I'm getting married on the 6th July 2013, and going dress shopping with my bridesmaids on 30th June this year, so thats when i want to hit my target of 10 stone by, and then maintain it for a year until we get married!

Fingers crossed..... :)

Hi there! Keep up the food diary, it really does help to keep me motivated. I just got engaged a couple of weeks ago so I'm aiming to lose weight for a wedding now too - nothing is booked or anything yet, but it's nice to have something on the horizon to work towards. Good luck!

Thank you! Congratulations on your engagement! It is really nice to have something to work towards and something to keep me motivated! Have fun with the wedding planning, i'm loving it so far :) x

Thank you! Congratulations on your engagement! It is really nice to have something to work towards and something to keep me motivated! Have fun with the wedding planning, i'm loving it so far :) x

I'm a little scared at the moment. Haven't even started and it all just sounds so daunting! Will give it a couple of months I think before I start thinking too much about it - we're in no rush anyway, probably won't be for another couple of years or so yet.

I thought it all sounded a bit daunting at first but now i'm loving every second of it! Well good luck with the weight loss anyway, you've done fab so far! x

Food Diary day 1 - Monday

Today has been an absolute write off, food-wise!

I've recently been eating things like spaghetti in tomato sauce etc for my lunch because its quick and easy, especially on a Monday as we usually go to my Dads for Sunday Dinner, so we dont have any nice left overs for me to bring to work for my lunch! Really didnt fancy that today, so went to Tesco this morning and bought a Tomato and Basil Chicken and Cous Cous pot.
Ingredients - Rehydrated Cous Cous (free) Roast Chicken (Free) and Tomato and Basil dressing should be almost free, apart from a few syns for sugar, cornflour and vegetable oil which were in the ingredients. The whole thing had 270kcal, 1.8 g sugar, 1g sat fat and 0.8g salt which i thought seemed pretty good but from looking on here (i havent found a straight answer yet) its either 8 or 11 syns apparently?! You couldnt even taste the dressing and it wasnt in any way oily so i'm confused.

So, i wont be having that again. I dont understand it, but i'm annoyed about it! Sometimes SW makes no sense!

So anyway.

Breakfast - Banana
Lunch - Chicken and Cous Cous box (11 syns..grr!), 2 x ryvita (HEb) 3 x light laughing cow cheeses (HEa)
Snack - 2 x light LC Cheese (HEb), Apple

Tea - Lightly dusted cod fillets from Tesco (5 syns), SW chips and mushy peas!

I was hoping for less than 10 syns today, 5 from the cod fillets and maybe a options hot chocolate after tea, but now i'm at 16 syns already!!

Oh well, think positive, syn free day tomorrow. :sigh:

Rachel7896 said:
I was hoping for less than 10 syns today, 5 from the cod fillets and maybe a options hot chocolate after tea, but now i'm at 16 syns already!!

Oh well, think positive, syn free day tomorrow. :sigh:

Are you doing your syns daily or weekly? Don't stress too much if you're over by a couple, it all tends to even itself out anyway. You should try to have at least 5 a day if you can though so you don't feel deprived :)

I do them daily, and try to aim for between 5-10 a day but to be honest i dont struggle to have syn free days really...my downfall is things like ketchup and mayo! Forgot it was pancake day today, so gonna have a go at the SW Free pancakes with banana and light squirty cream tonight, so i will be having a couple of syns from the cream :)

Food Diary - Tuesday

Breakfast - Banana and fat free strawberry yoghurt
Snack - 1 x ryvita (HEb) 2 x LC light triangles (HEa)
Lunch - Pasta n Sauce Tomato and Herb
Snack - 1 x ryvita (HEb) 2 x LC light triangles (HEa) and an Apple

Tea - Its Pancake day! So we're going to have a go at making a few savoury and sweet pancakes tonight with the SW Free recipe! My fiance will be having normal pancakes, just because its much easier and less effort, and i'll have the SW free ones :)

Here's the recipe for SW free pancakes which i stole from another thread (for the savoury ones i'm just gonna to miss out the sweetner, although i dont mind sweet/savoury mixed!)

1 egg per pancake
1 heaped tbsp quark
2-3 tsp sweetener
3-4 Drops of vanilla essence

First seperate the white from the yolk and put into separate bowls, Whisk the egg white until fluffy and add the sweetener, In the other bowl add the vanilla essence and quark to the yolk then fold the mixture into the egg white.

Heat a frying pan with frylight, add the mix and spread as you would a normal pancake after a few mins flip over (But do be careful they are much more delicate than a regular pancake)

had gammon and roasted new potatoes for tea with a bit of ketchup and light Mayo (3 syns)

Made SW pancakes for dessert and they were a huge success! Didn't expect them to be as the mixture looked very strange but they were fab! I followed the recipe exactly from above and 4 eggs made 6 medium sized pancakes, even my fiancé liked them!

I had mine with bananas and 2tbsp light squirty cream (1 syn) and a teeny tiny drizzle of golden syrup! So, well under 10 syns today! Yey!

Attachments

• image-2793753344.jpg
    image-2793753344.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 84
  • image-1797892600.jpg
    image-1797892600.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 82
Hoping for another low syn day today!

I weighed myself this morning (i know i shouldnt!) but its so hard having scales in the house! I did really well last week, and just weighed myself on Monday (my WI day, seeing as i'm doing it from home and not going to group!) and is looks like i've lost the 1lb i put on last week. SO, thats spurred me on to try really hard and try to have a good weekend SW wise, and try and get at least another 1lb so hopefully i'll lose 2lb this week. I know water retention, what you've eaten the day before etc affects it, but i cant resist weighing myself sometimes!

So todays food diary is..

Wednesday

Breakfast - Banana
Lunch - Roasted new potatoes left over from last night with beans.
Snack - Fat Free Strawberry Yoghurt and a 'fluffs' marshmallow (1.5 syns)
Tea - Pasta with onion, mushrooms, sweetcorn and garlic in a tomato sauce with cheese on top (HEa) and homemade garlic bread - Wholemeal bun (HEb) 2 tsp light butter (3 syns) and garlic.

So hopefully, syns for Wednesday - 4.5 syns

Going to buy a laptop after work today :) hopefully we'll get our router from sky which we've been waiting for weeks for! I've entered a wedding competition online to win our photography, so between checking that for votes, and writing on here, i might as well say goodbye to my social life! haha!

So for tea last night, i decided i would weigh out 28g of cheese considering thats the amount you're allowed for your HEa. 28g of cheese is NOTHING. Unless i weighed it wrong, it just wasnt even worth using your HEa on that little cheese. So, i definitely had double the portion haha so i need to add an extra 6 syns on to my day for that!

So, syns for wednesday were: Fluffs Marshmallow (1.5 syns), 1 1/2 tsp of light lurpack butter (2.5 syns), 28g cheese (6 syns)
Total - 10 syns

Food Diary for Thursday

Breakfast - Banana

Lunch - Left over pasta from last night

Tea - I have two friends coming over for tea tonight, so this is what we're having..
Starter - Mushrooms stuffed with savoury rice topped with cheese (HEa)
Main - Sausage Casserole (Meat free Tesco sausages, courgette, mushrooms, leeks, peppers,beans, sweetcorn, chopped tomatoes, herbs and spices) with roasted new potatoes.
Dessert - Banana with squirty cream (1 syn) and toffee sauce (3 syns)

I have NO idea about the syn value for these sausages and cant find it on here anywhere. I'm gonna look up the nutritional info on the bag when i get in and try and work it out. I imagine it will be much higher than the linda McCartney or Quorn ones, but i'm also eating much better food than i normally would when i have friends round so its a step in the right direction, which i'm happy about :)

I've always thought the cheese allowance wasn't too bad (I think you can have 30g since January by the way :)) but maybe that's because I always have mine grated and maybe it looks more that way? Always enough for me anyway!

It is probably because i am obsessed with cheese haha! Its definitely my weakness. Still, it didnt look a great deal though! Or maybe it's just because i'm not used to measuring out my cheese :) x

Congrats on getting engaged, im loving the wedding planning so far its such an exciting time. Have you chosen your colour theme yet? :D especially when the sun comes out and means summer is around the corner. Makes me wanna stick to slimming world even more. I'm trying EE but dont know if it will be good for me as im not a great lover of red meats? xx

Thanks :) i'm loving the wedding planning too! We've kind of decided on a colour theme, we're going for dusky pinks, peach, coral and ivory. We've got a bit of a vintage theme going on, but also cos we're getting married in July i want it nice and summery :) how about you?

EE is really simple, you don't need to eat red meats if you don't want to, i think you're getting confused between EE and the Red/Green days plan! EE you can eat whatever free foods you want which is basically any meat you want with the fat cut off, potatoes, pasta, rice etc and loads of other stuff, and still have between 5-15syns a day!

ohh that sounds beautiful and will look lovely in the summer it will be lovely :D ive chosen hot pink and burnt orange with little hints of green and an ivory dress for me. oh thats made it a bit easier to understand then. when i did slimming world before i just did the red/green days but now i have so much more weight to lose after just having a baby girl 6 weeks ago.

Oh congratulations! Thats lovely news :) Congratulations on your engagement too, your colour theme sounds gorgeous! When are you getting married?

EE is really easy to understand once you get the hang of it. I did it in July/August of last year before a holiday and i've been doing it again since new year. Are you going to a group or just doing it from home? x

Back