RachelS - Its been a long time!

Gym bunny!

I joined the gym back in October and have paid for it ever since but not gone, today at 7.20am, I went for the 1st time!!
I only managed:
10 mins weightloss prog on the bike
10 mins on rowing machine
10 mins on the walky machine on a high incline and fast speed.

I am shattered, but in such a good way! (Yes, Im unfit, but Im willing!)

Ive made an appt for 10am Saturday for a program to be made for me so that I have something to work from.
I really need to discipline myself and do this because although Im losing weight, I need to tone up and build muscle badly!

BTW, any hints tips will be greatly appreciated!!

FInally............. WE HAVE SNOW!!!!

Yaay!!!

Good girl you for getting to the gym - my exercise is still in the planning stage!!!!

And so not fair, -6 this morning but NO SNOW!!!!

Good girl you for getting to the gym - my exercise is still in the planning stage!!!!

And so not fair, -6 this morning but NO SNOW!!!!
We've been so cold here for days, minus temps etc but its lovely today!! Snow everywhere and I love it!
Schools etc are all still open cos we are used to it here, buses running a wee bit late but nowt drastic!

Re the exercise, I just need to get rid of as much flab as possible, my saggy tum is beyond redemption cos of the skin but I'll do my best!!
My real prob for putting it off was trying to fit it in with my work and kids etc, finally decided that I would go in before work cos its the only free time I have!

glad you finally got your snow-we've had a bit more in the night but nothing terrible and schools are open again

well done on the 4lbs and going to the gym

glad you finally got your snow-we've had a bit more in the night but nothing terrible and schools are open again

well done on the 4lbs and going to the gym
Thanks mommyB, long may the weightloss continue and my enthusiasm for the gym!
I so love the snow, no matter how bad i gets!
By the way, love your cat, he/she is gorgeous!!

Wow - check out that feline! FOXY MINX!!!!

He's gorgeous and he knows it, he's a complete ladies man who loves giving kisses and has taken to sleeping in bed with me too!!
We love him to bits!

Hmmmm, now did he take to it or did you invite him in eh?

Hi Rach, just caught up on a weeks worth of your diary - sorry I have not been more regular!

Gross is all I can say on the cat in the bed front - I just don't get animals really....well, not in my house although the kids keep mithering for a dog.

glad you have found some motivation for the gym - I went through a phase of it but just do stuff at home now.

If you alternate cardio and muscle tone (weights) that will give you the best results. So 10mins on each as you go round your circuit - will keep your heart rate up, burn calories and tone you up. Result!

I can understand the no pets thing but have always grown up with animals of all sorts, we used to live in the back of beyond and had loads of them. As it stands, we have 2 Chinchillas, 2 Dumbo rats and 1 gorgeous cat, no more tho!!!

Re exercise, I have an appointment on Saturday for a program to be set up for me. Time is an issue, I can spend 30-45 mins in the morning 1 week and 1 hr the next week per day. Was planning to do cardio and weights as well but my stamina is dire if this morning was anything to go by. Mind you, I havent done any form of exercise for years!
God, when I was younger (pre kids) I used to do 10hrs Karate a week 30hrs cycling, 60 lengths a day swimming and so on, super fit! Once I had the girls I just didnt have time and then by the time I had put on weight I couldnt be bothered.
No more lazy Rach!!

well done on getting to the gym Rach! :D xxx

well done on getting to the gym Rach! :D xxx
Cheers Rach, it was a daunting thought and very very tiring but well worth it. Tomorrow morning will be harder I know but once I get past that I should be ok!
How are you doing and what r u going to see at the pics?

trousers falling down? thats brilliant! :D we're off to see Valkyrie.. me, boyfriend and his 3 extremely hot housemates... yay me! :D and i seem to be back on track - looking forward to seeing under 200lbs before the party in glasgow! :D x

Back