Rachels Weight Loss Diary - I will be a Yummy Mummy!

Hi all, I'm Rachel!! Im 26 years old and the mother to two beautiful children. A headstrong 4 year old girl, and a mischievous monkey of a boy thats 2.
I'm new to Slimming world, having tried Weight Watchers twice in the past and loosing a massive 1/2 lb I thought I would try Slimming World. Alot of friends on facebook have been posting their weekly losses through S.W and I thought, well if they can do it, surely I can!

After I had my son in December 2010 it took me around 8 weeks to get from a size 18 to a size 12/14 the quick weight loss made me look ill, especially with the lack of sleep from having a newborn plus a toddler. I went back to work (in a pub) when my son was 2 months old, and within the 4 months I worked at the pub I went back up to a 16! All my fault pigging out on crisps behind the bar and drinking lots of lager!!

Ive gotten to the point now, I find myself vulgar when I look in a mirror. I suffer with depression on and off and to be honest my weight has been a major factor of this. As well as being fat, I smoke and I drink often. So Im really not doing myself any favours.
Im running out of clothes, Im struggling to squeeze into my size 18 clothes and even have some size 20's that feel tight. I have clothes with tags on in my wardrobe that are from my last weight loss, so its really a kick in the face when I see them. I want to feel attractive and with my double chin and wobbly thighs and bum I dont, and I hate for my partner to see me naked and touch me!! So I decided to join S.W, everyone else I know has lost on it so I thought I could too.

I joined last Thursday 12th September 2013.
I weighed 16st 8lbs
46" Chest 42" Waist 50" hips.
Im 5ft 5.
Club 10 target 14st 13lbs

I decided on my first meeting Im going to stop drinking, yet Friday I had a bottle of wine. Saturday came and I had around 8 cans of lager! Although up to now, thats the last time I had a drink (up to now)
I am finding the meals easy, Ive been using this site to check up on things as its really informative and helpful (hence me joining) Ive struggled with finding a substitute for butter in my mashed turnip and sprouts and finally got some Hi-Fi bars in group last night as I have been craving chocolate!!

Wednesday night, I was naughty and had Fish, Chips and curry from the fish shop for tea and finished that off with two chocolate bars! I just thought stuff it!! Even after the drink and the fish shop Ive managed to loose, so hopefully next week I will be able to shift even more weight by sticking to it and not being weak and eating takeout food!!

First Weigh in loss was 6lb :D Really pleased and feel much more motivated now I have had my first weigh in and can actually see a result! My first interim target is to loose a stone!!! Eeeep, I really hope I can do it!!

Hi Rachel, welcome to Slimming World, good to meet you.
This is a great plan and it's possible to lose loads of weight on it. This plan can turn your whole life around, so try and get focussed, keep within your syns allowance and ........... watch this space.
Good luck with your journey
Tina x

Thanks Tina! Fingers crossed I can fit into those jeans soon :D

Well yesterday we had a nice cottage pie with turnips, carrots, mashed sprouts, carrots and broccoli. The only syns I used were for the butter in the turnip and sprouts, I really need to find a substitute for that!

Today Im making a homemade beef curry, thats free!!!! My house smells yummy and cant wait to tuck in later, cant believe how easy it is to make, how tasty it is and that its free!!!!
If anyone wants the recipe Ill be happy to post it. It is supposed to be a slow cooker recipe but I dont have one so just cooking it low on the hob. Nice to be able to have a curry at the weekend :)

The Beef Curry was delish! My O.H really enjoyed it, he said it was better than the jars and that he will "let me" make it again! It was really easy to make too as you will see

Ingredients

Lean diced beef
1 Onion diced
1 Green Pepper
Curry Powder (1tbsp then to taste)
Turmeric Powder (to taste)
2 Tins of chopped tomatoes

Method
(im not a pro at writing recipes)
I used fry light and threw in the diced onion and pepper and cooked till were soft, I added the diced beef and curry powder to cover then cooked until the beef was sealed.
I added the tins of tomatoes and put on a low heat, I added more curry powder to my taste and added Turmeric although dont think this was needed for myself as it was already in the curry powder.

And voila, cook on a low heat till the meat is cooked!

This was a slow cooker recipe that I found online and everyone said the meat melted in their mouth, this wasnt the case for my meal due to lack of slow cooker but it was really enjoyable.
I added some quark/natural yoghurt (cant remember which) to the kids to cool it down for them and it gave it a lovely creamy colour and texture. My youngest said it was spicey but he ate most of it :D

Ive had my ups and down this week but Im walking the kids to school so hopefully the little but of body magic will help me.

Were having stew today and I cant wait to get stuck in, I make a gorgeous stew if I say so myself and the only syns I have to account for is the tin of oxtail soup that I add :D

Hi Rachel

Welcome to the forum! I'm in nearly the same position as you, my little girl is nearly 4 and my little boy is 2 yrs old :) we have our hands full don't we...lol

I joined 6 weeks ago today and I have 12 pounds lost and hoping to hit my stone tonight.....I have PCOS so the weight comes off a little slower, or so I've been told.

I work fulltime but usually plan my meals so I don't get caught short....

I have never managed to stick to any other diet in my life but find this great... I never feel hungry and can enjoy curries, chinese, chips all without feeling guilty or feeling like crap....It's also so much better for the kids to be eating healthier dinners.

A tip for the stew... you could use a Stockpot instead of the tin of Oxtail soup and this has no syns and is delicious :)

I'm not a big drinker so have been lucky enough not to have to use my syns on alcohol so still get to enjoy chocolate etc... Also you can use 2 Alpen Light bars (I get the double choc ones) as a HEXB and they definitely kill a chocolate craving!!! Only 3 syns for one if you use to HEXB for something else.

Looking forward to following your journey. GL this week x

Thanks Laura and well done on loosing 12 lb. My aim for this week is at least 2. I'm on holiday next week Monday to Friday so really hoping that I don't put it all back on!
I'll have to try the stock pot, I already add beef oxo cubes but the oxtail gives it a little extra flavour.

I forgot to add to the beef curry I used two beef oxon cubes in that :)

Do you have any Chinese recipes? I love a good Chinese :D

Alcohol wise I've been really good and just had a little drink at the weekend.
I bought the hi Fi bars from group the lo caramel ones and they are gorgeous they are 3 syns or free too

Have a look at the recipe section on this forum... loads of great recipes.... or just google slimming world sweet and sour etc and you should get lots of recipes...I made a lovely Chicken Fried Rice the other week.... can't post the recipe as I'm in work I's afraid :(

Thai Green curry is my all time fave from the local Chinese, :drool: I bought the "Family Feasts on a budget" from group and theres some really tasty looking things in there. I want to try the Cowboy Hotpot but not sure what Sausage to get :S Dont want to go syn mad.

Well totally spoilt myself today :( Had such a bad day mentally and food wise. Children have drove me up the wall, been prescribed anti depressants from the DR. Im just stressed beyond belief and soooo tired, I have no energy or patience at all!!
Stew was a lovely, but.... I had 2nd helpings and mopped it up with 3 slices of bread and then had homemade apple crumble and custard :cry: just not doing myself any favours and I have weigh in tomorrow night. On such a downer tonight,

Hi rachel. Welcome to the forum and SW. Sounds like you a lot of your plate at the moment. All we can do is the best we can. Stop beating yourself up for one meal off plan. I read somewhere one good meal will not make you slim, one bad meal not make you fat!
Weight loss is a roller coaster and is really hard work. Please be kinder to yourself. Use the support of those around you. Good luck xxx

Thai Green curry is my all time fave from the local Chinese, :drool: I bought the "Family Feasts on a budget" from group and theres some really tasty looking things in there. I want to try the Cowboy Hotpot but not sure what Sausage to get :S Dont want to go syn mad.

Hi Rachel :), Don't worry about having a bad day or week, we all have our ups and downs, just start fresh tomorrow, you will be fine. I noticed you like Thai Green curry like me :D . There is a SW recipe for it, I am sending you the link if you fancy trying it out !

Kay xx

Thai green chicken curry - Recipes - Slimming World

thanks for the kind words, Ill get there eventually.

On a positive note Ive had a good sleep and feel much better this morning. Currently enjoying a cuppa after the school run. Going to have to tackle the mess soon that the kids have left me, I wish I had a cleaning fairy!!

I have NO idea what to make for dinner today, whats everyone else making?

Well I've maintained this week. I'm happy with that after the rubbish couple of days that I've had.
I'm on holiday Monday to Friday, it's self catering so I will have some control on what I'm eating but aiming for a maintain again for my next weigh in with me being on holiday

Have a wonderful holiday. Where are you going?

Taking the children to Butlins Monday to Friday (hope the weather is bearable) with it being self catering I should be able to keep on track....should...

Have a wonderful time. Try not to worry if you go off plan a bit, just make sure you focus back again when you return. Have fun xxx

Well came back on fiday but only started back on sw today. In all honesty I ate and drank what I wanted. Dread to think my weight gain this week! Ahwell no more holidays for me so hopefully no more set backs!!

Going to be enjoying some braising steak for dinner today love that nearly all my fave foods are free :D

Welcome back. Did you have a good time?

Yes was good. The kids loved it. Luckily it only rained once and it was while we was inside :)
Been forgetful this morning and used sugar in my coffee instead of sweeter. What a waste of syns Booo :(

Back