Rachel's weight loss Journey!

Sorry I've disappeared! Been hiding...

Not been a good week! I put on 2lbs whoops...

am still in my target range so not a complete disaster.

No real excuse, went out and drank lots then picked on chocolate for a few days after.

but I have drawn a line under it and am starting again!

on step 3 now... It's amazing how much food you can have! Yesterday i had shredded wheat and a tetra for brekkie (which is surprisingly filling!) bar for lunch and chicken salad for dinner with strawberries and natural yoghurt for pudding. It feels like such a treat having all this food after so long with not eating.

seeing my consultant on Wednesday and getting 3 weeks worth of products cause I'm going to stay with my mum over Christmas! Am hoping to maintain over Christmas, maybe even lose them 2lbs I gained! But it will be tricky... Just as long as I don't put on a stone, which is my normal Christmas tradition!

Lost them 2lbs and 1 more!

the skinniest ive ever been again :) i like it.

So im 11st 10, and think i might adjust my target to 11.7... its still coming off quite nicely, and im happy for it to come off slowly now, so will probably stay on step 4 until im 11.7... might even go to 11.5 so i have a couple of pounds to play with.

Have decided im gonna relax christmas day- eat what i want (but be sensible- not gonna binge for the sake of it) but over the rest of the festive period im gonna try to stick to the plan and not gain.

Dont see my CDC until 10th January now! eeekk... hope i am at least a couple of lbs lighter next time i see her!

Well done you!!! You certainly have earned a few days off over Christmas and you know whatever you might gain you can lose immediately afterwards.

Enjoy!

Hi Rachel, I have just read your journal and I am so motivated now.
So you stopped writting in here? It's been 1.5 month...Hope everything is fine and you keep the pounds away...
Hugssss

very well done!

Wow its so weird reading this thread! Like a little insight into my life that i had forgotten was so life changing!

So...i'm back. with my tail between my (fatter) legs.

That date i mentioned turned into a year long relationship! But am now single again and happy!

Not sure if i mentioned it but in 2012 i was doing a college course to hopefully get me into uni to be a midwife.

Well i am now 6 months into my uni course and a first year student midwife!

My gorgeous 1 year old is now a gorgeous 3 year old!

it happened slowly... i maintained for a good 6 months and then it started coming on slowly. it was when i had to start buying size 16 clothes that i thought ooooh i better rein this in. Met my consultant on thursday and i've put back on 3st of the 5st i lost. Surprisingly im not totally devastated, more relieved i didnt put it ALL back on!

I found this site really motivating and i liked writing a diary because it kept me focused. So i'm back!

Day 1 and 2 have been fine. I knew what i was signing up for, so its all good. Looking forward to my first weigh in. i hope it comes off quickly!

Am going to spend a long time working through the steps this time, and i think i've finally realised if i want to be skinny, i have to eat like a skinny person. Theres no more eating like i was, unless i want to be as big as i was.

Am thinking a lot more about maintenance this time- before i was just so focused on losing that i didn't really think about maintenance- but i think that was my down fall. This time i know the time after i hit target is almost more important then the journey to get there!

If anyone wants to read and comment thats fab, but i will probably ramble along anyway even if no one says hello haha!

xx

Wow its so weird reading this thread! Like a little insight into my life that i had forgotten was so life changing!

So...i'm back. with my tail between my (fatter) legs.

That date i mentioned turned into a year long relationship! But am now single again and happy!

Not sure if i mentioned it but in 2012 i was doing a college course to hopefully get me into uni to be a midwife.

Well i am now 6 months into my uni course and a first year student midwife!

My gorgeous 1 year old is now a gorgeous 3 year old!

it happened slowly... i maintained for a good 6 months and then it started coming on slowly. it was when i had to start buying size 16 clothes that i thought ooooh i better rein this in. Met my consultant on thursday and i've put back on 3st of the 5st i lost. Surprisingly im not totally devastated, more relieved i didnt put it ALL back on!

I found this site really motivating and i liked writing a diary because it kept me focused. So i'm back!

Day 1 and 2 have been fine. I knew what i was signing up for, so its all good. Looking forward to my first weigh in. i hope it comes off quickly!

Am going to spend a long time working through the steps this time, and i think i've finally realised if i want to be skinny, i have to eat like a skinny person. Theres no more eating like i was, unless i want to be as big as i was.

Am thinking a lot more about maintenance this time- before i was just so focused on losing that i didn't really think about maintenance- but i think that was my down fall. This time i know the time after i hit target is almost more important then the journey to get there!

If anyone wants to read and comment thats fab, but i will probably ramble along anyway even if no one says hello haha!

xx

Hi there hunni, looks like we are both back.

Well done on being qualified now and how time has flown that your little one is now 3 oh my lord the time just flies by.

im virtually back to square one but like yourself I'm back and feeling ready for this again so its good to see a few familiar names around. have you re started now ? How are you finding it ?

End of day 1 for me lol so early days but I'm sure we can help keep each other in check x x x

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and CD. I'm on day 6 and getting weighed tomorrrow!!

A bit about me, I'm 22, and have a gorgeous 1 year old daughter. I've always struggled with my weight, and think I always will to be honest. I don't eat a vast amount, but my portion size is large and I have a sweet tooth. Also love takeaways! I've realised I treat myself with food, and I stress/comfort eat.

I'm 5'11 and am a size 18-20. I got weighed last Wednesday and am 16stone 13lbs.

My target is 12 stone, but I'm not even sure what I would look like as have never weighed that!! A size 12-14 would be perfect for me. I have broad shoulders and am very tall so would look a bit too skinny any smaller then a 12.

Very excited to get weighed tomorrow, I've stuck to 4 'meals' a day and 4 pints of water a day religiously. I always start diets really well, but end up getting bored and cheating. I'm really determined this time though and want this to be the last diet I ever do! I've done them all sw, ww, rosemary conely, slim fast, exante..

I'm taking one day at a time and hoping I can shift this 4 stone 13lbs as fast as possible! Then maintain it forever, will update my diary regulary x x

Just realised I'm starting today at your original start weight 16.13 and I want to be 12st for our holiday next April . . . . .
Spooky x

weigh in tomorrow eeek! angelupnorth, im finding it surprisingly easy so far! but then its still a novelty really. i just hope its a quick process, not sure i could deal with 1lb losses for more then 2 weeks in a row!

oooh good luck with it! Well i went from 16st 13 to 11st 10 in just 5 months and im sure you'll have similar results!

im quite worried about what happens after cambridge. i know im only 6 days in but i REALLLLLY want to maintain any losses this time. its so easy to fall back in to bad habits... although i do think one of my problems was i got into a new relationship very quickly after losing the weight. So lots of dinners and drinks out, meals in at home... that didnt help with keeping my new healthy habits! rule no1 for me, stay single haha! xx

Your not going to stay single lol My issue is also moving up the steps, maintaining & making the right choices, carbs are my nightmare & my fat trigger. I'm going to read & re read my book a million times so that should help, There are people in here who have lost and maintained so it can be done. We will crack this, the support on here will help you / us every step of the way. You are very like me from what I've read with the need to know and plan, so your not alone with your thoughts. Are you going to SS for the full 12 weeks ?

Good luck for weigh in x x x

thats the plan. im gonna ss until im at target really. well maybe leave half a stone to move up the steps. if i lose a stone a month i could pretty much be there in 3 months, but im not sure its gonna fall off as easily as it did the first time! i was done and dusted for christmas last time i did it so im a bit worried about ss-ing over xmas! xx

thats the plan. im gonna ss until im at target really. well maybe leave half a stone to move up the steps. if i lose a stone a month i could pretty much be there in 3 months, but im not sure its gonna fall off as easily as it did the first time! i was done and dusted for christmas last time i did it so im a bit worried about ss-ing over xmas! xx

Xmas is once a year so its down to yourself how strict you want to be but no one would blame you for being a bit lax over the festive period. I'm full of good intentions at the mo thinking just turkey and green veg etc when the time comes I may change my mind completely and allow myself a but more leeway but will settle closer to the time I guess . . . . .
Even if you do give in to a bit temptation at Xmas you will soon reverse it x x x

Hey Rachel,

Just read through the whole of your log, from the joy of 2012's target to today. Firstly, congratulations on getting back here, and yes, you've gained, but you're starting much lower than before! It's really good to hear about your thoughts on maintenance etc - for me, that will be my most crucial part too. The weight can drop off, but I still need to maintain that loss.

Someone at work today asked me what happens afterwards, and don't you just put it all back on? My answer was that i'm not going to suddenly rush out and eat all the pork pies and chocolate bars. Those lovely treats are just that - treats. This is a new way of life - starting off with NO food, and working back to it. Going cold turkey, without the turkey! Lol.

Looking forward to doing this journey with you - we'll be here cheering you on and supporting each other - i'm looking forward to getting a proper group going for maintenance too - just because the weight's gone, doesn't mean I'll stop posting - if anything, it will probably keep me from going back to old ways...

xx

weyheeeyyy first week 7.5lbs down! very happy with that, i was hoping for 6lbs (well, i would have been gutted with anything less then 6 actually haha) so 7lbs is perfect! still 14st 3.5 but its a start. maybe i'll be in the 13's next week?!

am trying the lemon yoghurt bars tomorrow, they didnt have them when i was last on cambridge so quite excited!

Hey FlicG! Yes very true, and actually the first thought when i realised i put 3 st was 'oh thank god im not back to square one!' im glad my 'oh crap i need to do something about this now' point is a lot lower then it used to be!

someone at work said the same to me! although she was a bit of a know it all and just said even if you eat healthy foods you will still put it all back on. haha well thanks for the support eh! i didnt mention i had lost 5 st already and maintained for 6 months, i'll let her think shes right.

i think the thing is, we need to start eating like normal skinny people (i dont mean them awful people who can eat whatever they want and not gain weight... reallllly hate them haha). they cant do a whole dominos and sweets everyday (oh yes i really fell off the wagon!). normal skinny people eat veg and protein in normal portions every day! with the occasional meal out/treat thrown in! my whole mind set needs to change in a way it never did last time. i was always in diet mode, never really maintenance mode.

i know its a bit controversial but im thinking about maybe doing some hypnotherapy when im at goal. i think i have some deep set issues with food, and maybe if they are addressed maintaining will be a bit easier!

ps FlicG gonna come and have a snoop at your diary xx

Well done hunni, you will be in the 13's next week. That's fab ? I loved the linen in bars, enjoy ! Totally agree on needing to eat & think like a skinny person lol

I agree about hypnotherapy,
Anything is worth a try ?

Well done again your doing fab x

I was thinking about hypnotherapy before starting on this. I've always felt like I have way more issues with food than I like to admit. I find talking through these things with my CDC really useful - last week we discussed what I call "Sneaky Eating" and where those urges/temptations come from....

I totally agree though about "eating like a skinny person" - after all, we won't be our big fat selves, so we don't need to eat like them! I think once I reach maintenance, I will adopt a 5:2 principle, with 5 good days a week and 2 days in which I will be allowed a treat. If I don't have something planned, no treat needed. At the moment, I have planned "meals" that keep me going, and I think this will be part of my maintenance too - looking forward to having something, and planning for it, rather than just having it for the sake of it...

xx

I was thinking about hypnotherapy before starting on this. I've always felt like I have way more issues with food than I like to admit. I find talking through these things with my CDC really useful - last week we discussed what I call "Sneaky Eating" and where those urges/temptations come from.... I totally agree though about "eating like a skinny person" - after all, we won't be our big fat selves, so we don't need to eat like them! I think once I reach maintenance, I will adopt a 5:2 principle, with 5 good days a week and 2 days in which I will be allowed a treat. If I don't have something planned, no treat needed. At the moment, I have planned "meals" that keep me going, and I think this will be part of my maintenance too - looking forward to having something, and planning for it, rather than just having it for the sake of it... xx

I wish this forum had a " like " option as I like all of the above.
Looks like we are all pretty similar in our thinking x

Aw, thanks Angel. I do feel like I ramble on a lot, with the odd flash of inspiration! I have become addicted to this site! Lol.

I think planning the rest of our journey is just as important as going through the weight loss.

xx

Totally agree Flic, and coming from someone who lost 5st but gained back 3, i can totally say maintenance is where the hard work will really start!

its a shame it took 3st for me to really understand that, but oh well! whats done is done.

Am def gonna give hypnotherapy a go after ss i think, yes its expensive but ive invested loads of money on rubbish takeaways, so i may as well spend some money on something that may actually improve my health!

i've been in a crappy mood all day, i dont think im drinking enough at all. so went shopping and got lots of bottled water, so now i can always have a bottle near and can always be sipping. For some reason if i put a pint of water in a glass it just doesnt get drunk! must. try. harder.

Welcome back Rach . How's it going so far?

Hi angel too I'm 17st 5 at the mo and hope to be 12st as my goal too. Hoping march ( my birthday) if not then as close to then as poss!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back