Rachel's weight loss Journey!

oh definetly. one of my majoy downfalls was getting home from work, knackered, and eating crap cause i couldnt be bothered to cook from scratch. Another is not taking lunch to uni and buying it out. And just generally snacking on rubbish because its easy!

But i love healthy foods! i really enjoy salads, stews, currys (home made), and nice meat and veg. And actually i love cooking! i just hate prepping food, and then clearing away the kitchen after and i think thats what puts me off at the end of a busy day! i could just try and force myself to cook from scratch but ultimately i dont think thats realistic. And this time, i KNOW where i went wrong, and i'm not going to do it again! So i rely on fast food, well thats ok, but this time its gonna be pre prepared healthy fast food!

who wants to see my before and afters from 2012?!

before and after2.jpg

Great before & after shots.
You will get there again chick, it's good to be back in the Zone and we can crack this.

I'm like you in that I like nice healthy food it's just it's not as easy as a pre packed sandwich for lunch ( we have a sainsburys at the station and the £3 meal deal is fab value )
why would I prepare, make something then clear up if I can grab that for £3 :-(
BUT the new me will prepare, tuna salad, chicken salad or even steam fresh veggies and prawns maybe me " work " meals.

We both know where we went wrong last time and we are both strong enough to do better this time. Looking at your pics has made me look at mine, great weekend motivation !

x x x x x

I love that second pic of me! I spend the ages of 17-22 feeling and looking old. And acting old! And it's all because I was bigger and had no energy, in that second pic I felt my age and I look young! That was me at around 12 stone, and I've lowered my target this time to hopefully get a big more off the tummy area! However, I've had a baby, so it might not be a weight thing, more of an exercise thing!

I love that second pic of me! I spend the ages of 17-22 feeling and looking old. And acting old! And it's all because I was bigger and had no energy, in that second pic I felt my age and I look young! That was me at around 12 stone, and I've lowered my target this time to hopefully get a big more off the tummy area! However, I've had a baby, so it might not be a weight thing, more of an exercise thing!

You looked fab, and don't look 12 st on the pic. I wouldn't worry to much about your tummy and I'm sure you can get below 12 if you want to. My ultimate goal at the mo is 11.13 as I think I looked good around 12 ( to me its a " normal " weight although not so normal for me lol )
I know I will lower it once I get there but don't want to set a bigger goal just yet,

You will get back to the young fun loving lady you want and deserve to be x x x x

Love the pics, love the planning, love the future thoughts about your journey!

I've bought some low carb books, and CDC has lent me a meals in minutes book - tbf, there are better low cal books available I think. I've got a little board going on ********* and enjoy looking for and posting recipes on there.

Planning is key I think for the next steps - I love cooking but it's the prepping I need to get into too - tupperwares are absolute essentials!

Can't wait till we're all chatting away in the step 2/3 boards discussing meal options! :)

xx

How you doing Rach ?

Hope things are going ok x x x x

Hey lovely, thanks for thinking of me!

things are good, i'm off shifts and back to uni tomorrow which im looking forward to. spent the last few days working on a 4500 literature review which is making my brain hurt! all good on the diet front, except im not drinking enough again... its so annoying, i just forget too! must really try and make more of an effort. because of the lack of water im not holding up much hope for the scales tomorrow, but fingers crossed!

Feeling a bit pants about my losses this time round as well. i know i weigh less and have less to loose this time, but last time i lost 2 stone in a month! and ive only just done over a stone in these 4 weeks... just a bit gutted about it really, i rely on the big numbers to keep me motivated!

But im not a quitter. im gonna see this through till the end no matter how long it takes. 2 and a bit stone to go. i already feel so much better, i know i'll be feeling amazing in a few months, just wish time would go a bit quicker!

Hey lovely, thanks for thinking of me! things are good, i'm off shifts and back to uni tomorrow which im looking forward to. spent the last few days working on a 4500 literature review which is making my brain hurt! all good on the diet front, except im not drinking enough again... its so annoying, i just forget too! must really try and make more of an effort. because of the lack of water im not holding up much hope for the scales tomorrow, but fingers crossed! Feeling a bit pants about my losses this time round as well. i know i weigh less and have less to loose this time, but last time i lost 2 stone in a month! and ive only just done over a stone in these 4 weeks... just a bit gutted about it really, i rely on the big numbers to keep me motivated! But im not a quitter. im gonna see this through till the end no matter how long it takes. 2 and a bit stone to go. i already feel so much better, i know i'll be feeling amazing in a few months, just wish time would go a bit quicker!

Sounds like you've certainly been busy. But great your still in track.
22lb in 4 weeks for me which is slower than my 1st time but like yourself I'm not quitting and will be here for the long haul. Our losses may not be as good as previous times but that's all the more reason to crack it this time :)
x x x x x

:( 1lb again. Slogging my bum off for 2lbs in 2 weeks. Will update properly later when on the laptop! X
I can imagine you must feel very frustrated, the thing to remember here is the drops will come, celebrate sticking to plan rather than the number on the scales. I know that's easier said than done but don't let it get to you x x x x x x

thanks hun, i know your right but it is so frustrating!

But, my cdc thinks im not having enough... i work shifts, run around after a 3 year old, study and although dont actually exercise i suppose i have a fairly busy lifestyle (never really thought i did but writing it down makes me think maybe shes right)

My bmi is 26 now, and she said if you came to me today i wouldnt put you on sole source because your bmi is so close to 25 (i can stay on it as i started with a bmi above 25)

I'm also 5'11 so not a tiny little thing, and she thinks that maybe my body is in a panic and is holding on to all the fat i have!

So plan for next 2 weeks (no weigh in next week as shes on holiday!) is to add 300g of natural yoghurt in daily.

Not too sure how i feel about it because im not totally sure i believe in 'starvation mode'. i always think, well how do anorexic people who eat an apple a day get so tiny then? But its worth a go, and what she says does make sense i guess.

Feeling a bit pants tonight, but will carry on tomorrow as planned!

Morning Rach,

I think listen to your CDC and give it a go for a week - what have you got to loose? (haha) You might find that bit of yoghurt gives you enough of a boost for the day. You are a very busy bee, so i'm sure it'll actually make no difference to your losses - well, only in a good way and they hopefully increase?!

I know if I stay up late/have a night out, even if i'm drinking water, I still tend to retain water - no idea why - but if you're doing long shifts, you might be the same?

xx

Just read through your thread, you're amazing!!! I'm about to have a second shot before my next IVF round x

How are you getting on chick, have you been managing to have the extra as CDC suggested ?
do you feel better for it ?
Hope your doing ok, I know your always super busy so I suspect the little extra may be just what you need x x x x

Hey my lovelies!

Sorry ive been so absent, handed in my essay today, feel free!!

this last week has been... Well terrible.

Been picking at food most days.. No actual meals and I haven't bought any food, just jasmines leftovers.. I guess after another 1lb I just lost motivation. I'm disappointed in myself because I'm not one to cheat. In 5 months last time I never once cheated, because what's the point!? But I've done it, I'm admitting it (which is a biggie for me cause it would be much easier to pretend it never happened) and I'm moving on.

Got my planned weekend off now and I'm not gonna go crazy but I am gonna enjoy myself. Mine and jazzys first proper holiday! Can't wait!

and then Monday, back on it 100%!! And I really mean it and I know it's gonna happen. No more slip ups for me!

Xx

Hey my lovelies!

Sorry ive been so absent, handed in my essay today, feel free!!

this last week has been... Well terrible.

Been picking at food most days.. No actual meals and I haven't bought any food, just jasmines leftovers.. I guess after another 1lb I just lost motivation. I'm disappointed in myself because I'm not one to cheat. In 5 months last time I never once cheated, because what's the point!? But I've done it, I'm admitting it (which is a biggie for me cause it would be much easier to pretend it never happened) and I'm moving on.

Got my planned weekend off now and I'm not gonna go crazy but I am gonna enjoy myself. Mine and jazzys first proper holiday! Can't wait!

and then Monday, back on it 100%!! And I really mean it and I know it's gonna happen. No more slip ups for me!

Xx

Don't beat yourself up chick, it's about getting to goal not about how we get there.
You've had this Halloween weekend planned for a long time so go and enjoy yourself, I have every faith in you to get back on track upon your return x x x

Hey Tano! good luck with the ivf! Just did a placement in gynaecology and learned a bit about ivf, I hope this round is a big success, keep me posted! Xx
Thanks so much, I'll definitely keep u posted x

Back