Raffle money?

in my previous group very few people brought the raffle as it was fruit and they for some reason didnt want to win it so never brought tickets, so one week the leader asked if they wanted the raffle to stop and if they did then the free drinks and nibbles would stop as well, they deciced they didnt like that idea so it was decided that the prize would be a free week. i like the raffle so it didnt bother me and also i never have a drink and when that leader left to open a new group she done a free raffle for everyone who stayed out of the proceeds of the other raffles and the prize was a 12 week count down to the winner
the new group i am at now is always fruit and i always buy my tickets each week in the hope i will win it

I love the raffle too, one group I go to gets a £5 voucher and the other its normally a book or ingredients for a couple of recipes. Apart form the prizes the money goes towards the tea and coffee, certificates and stuff like that x

oh yeah and I'm a crazy 2 strip lady lol x

In our group we pay £1 for three tickets. The prizes are always worth about £10 and are really good. Our consultant always gets nice things with it. Twice I have won a £10 Asda voucher which was very nice. No it didnt go on wine!!! ha ha

oh right,i see people donating stuff as well. Tins and fruit etc
thanks for that
People donating stuff will be for the slimmer of the week basket
I like the idea of the raffle as it's nice to win something, HOWEVER my quibble with it is that we all pay 50p each for it (some crazy people buy 2 rows of tickets so that's a pound) which would be about £10 funds per week - they certainly do not spend all that money on refreshments and raffle prizes!

The raffle prize is all of £3 maximum, especially as now they decided to make the prize ingrediants for SW recipes (it used to be good stuff like a set of wine glasses - Asda Smart price stuff which isnt bad), anyway they also have the same boring coffee and tea hanging around for weeks on end, we never have an nice herbal teas or highlights hot choccie... so I've come to the conclusion that the Consultant is just pocketing the rest!

Have to say my group and consultant is good too I've won the raffle twice and always chuffed to win it. Don't mind the 50p either. Sometimes our prize is ingredients for a recipe, sometimes a theme like one week it was tinned stuff like beans, tinned toms and cartons of passata I won that one :) last night it was a spice rack

Are raffle tickets are £1 and the prize is normally something small for example this week it was the low syn snacks book. I used to attend another group n they were 50p and the prize was roughly £5 but the group I'm attending now I have bought raffle a couple of times but I'm not doing it again as both weeks I have attended the prize has been rubbish.

Tickets at my group are 50p,my consultant does 3 groups,the money from the raffle pays for the prize and tea & coffee aswell as sotm flowers,certificates and stickers for all our awards.
At the 7pm group we pay 20p for a cuppa cos their isn't usually enough ppl buying raffle tickets to cover the prize,never mind the drinks aswel xx

Our tickest are 50p a strip and I usually spend about £5 on each prize. Our proceeds also go towards group challenges where I get pamper prizes, eg, face masks, bubble baths etc. Our group is busy so I always make a profit...oh and sometimes I do free week vouchers too.

What does infuriate me though - is when new people join and I ask if they want to buy a ticket and they sort of huff and puff and ask what the money goes towards whilst drinking their unlimited free tea and coffee!

I dont think some people realise the hard work that goes on behind the scenes at class x

I never buy the raffle tickets and I always feel bad about it. Like the woman who collects for the raffle looks down on me coz I don't buy them. The week I joined the prize was an Easter egg...It was Easter week but I just thought that was a horrible prize. Last week was a grocery shop voucher which is a much better prize in my opinion. The way I see it is I pay EUR9 a week for class...much higher than the UK members, and I also usually buy a box of hifi bars for EUR3, I'm usually the only person who buys these! That's EUR12 a week I'm paying so to start adding on raffle tickets, etc. I'd be broke! I never drink anything at class either.

Yeah I was a bit shocked because it was my first week and it was a cadburys creme egg easter egg....those are probably one of the highest syns available! That put me off completely!

An Easter egg is a very silly prize. I think anything which is synned is a bit silly as people like to choose what they spend their syns on, some people love the same thing every day for their syns, or some people don't like using them on sweets or chocolate. So it seems very wrong to do anything like that and an Easter egg is especially silly considering they're actually hard to syn (the egg itself)

Easter eggs, among many other things, are the main reason we are all at Slimming World. I think it very unsensitive and silly to then raffle off said easter egg at group. Shocking.

I have said it before and I'll say it again - reading about other groups on here really makes me lucky to have found the fantastic consultant and group that I have.

Yeah I was a bit shocked because it was my first week and it was a cadburys creme egg easter egg....those are probably one of the highest syns available! That put me off completely!
Would have put me off too, I remember that week our stand in consultant (our usual one was in florida!) Had a list of easter eggs and their syns, so as to put us off buying/eating one. Your consultant must have thought he/she was being funny!
Easter eggs, among many other things, are the main reason we are all at Slimming World. I think it very unsensitive and silly to then raffle off said easter egg at group. Shocking.

I have said it before and I'll say it again - reading about other groups on here really makes me lucky to have found the fantastic consultant and group that I have.

My groups fab too, our consultant admits she put a little weight back on and says she's following the plan with us too, but I don't care if she has she's only human and she is encouraging and group is always good fun too. I feel lucky too I'd hate to have a rubbish consultant

I think it's nice to know your consultants are human and have gains and struggle sometimes with the plan as well, I'd rather that then have some slimming world machine talking to me. If you know they have the same problems as you, you feel like they can give you the advice as they know what your going through

I think the raffle is an absolute bargain. I have won a couple of recipe books and at xmas I won the supermarket syns book and the little syn free and low syn snack book. I was majorly chuffed because I had just ordered them that night. We have had some fab prizes including a recipe and all the ingredients, tupperware dishes for carrying cereal/yogurt to work, smellys, spices, salt & pepper grinders, slow cooker, blenders etc etc. Well worth 50p in my opinion

Back