Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by LP84, 6 December 2007 Social URL.

1. LP84

LP84 Member

Very disheartened and shocked at how unhelpful the CD "helpline" was. Got the details of a CDC in my area the only one and turns out she is winding down for xmas (because people dont want to lose weight over xmas!) so look slike I wont be starting CD anytime soon!
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. SoonToBeGorgeous

SoonToBeGorgeous Loving the Cambridge Diet

Cambridge Plan
    Sorry to hear of your experiences.

It would not be a good idea to start Cambridge before Christmas as you would simply be faced with too much in the way of temptation.

Why not make an appointment to see the CDC between Christmas and New Year so that you are ready to start?

Also, increase your water intake and drop the carb intake - it does help when you start!
  4. blue_grapefruit

blue_grapefruit Gold Member

Where are you based? As STBG says, we are advised to do some preparation before starting CD - this gives you a great chance.

Don't lose faith though!
  5. LP84

LP84 Member

2 weeks

Ive been doing it for 2 weeks down south and had to move back to edinburgh so I know that temptation isnt my problem its finding a CDC
  6. SoonToBeGorgeous

Cambridge Plan
    Aha - the only CDC in Edinburgh is giving up practice but is being taken over by one of the girls on cambridgedieters.com
  7. sumayyah

sumayyah please try again

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    was cambridge now exante
    i dont know scotland so excuse me if this is a stupid suggestion
    is there any cdc's in the surronding areas you could go and see till the one in edinburgh gets set up?
  8. SoonToBeGorgeous

Cambridge Plan
    The CDC in Edinburgh is still operational!

If the OP sends me a pm will direct to the new person in question - she might be able to help.

Oh and by the way - your original message says "so looks like I wont be starting CD anytime soon!" which is why I thought you were new to Cambridge.
  9. CW Consultant

CW Consultant Gold Member

The other alternative is to contact you old CDC down South who could post you what you need to continue until you meet up with your new CDC?

The maximum she would be able to send is 4 weeks worth.

You can then use the forums for your support and telephone contact with your old CDC.

10. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

That's an excellent suggestion, and would see you through to the new year. I have done so in the past (a client had to attend a funeral at short notice so I posted her order to her) and she was happy to pay the postage as it meant she could continue.
  11. rade

rade try, try & try some more!

Theres a CDC in granton in edinburgh
  12. LP84

LP84 Member

Do you have the Granton details?
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.