RAH! The munchies have hit!

Snozzberry

First of all, hi everyone, I have been lurking on here for a while but not really posted. Mostly because I didn't know what plan to try because bascially I'm crap at sticking to anything and have joined both SW and WW several times over the past year and not got past the first week lol.

But I have finally committed, I am in the zone and I joined SW last week.

My first week was fab and I haven't even had a chocolate bar or a bag of crisps or even craved any - these are usually my downfalls.

But my god I have had the munchies all day. I have managed to stay on track but it has be difficult today for the first time since I started.

I'm still not bothered about choccy or crisps though, I've managed to stave it off with healthy food but c'mon :sigh:

So what food were you craving. One of us may know a good alternative, We are all here to help each other x

Fill up on free food! You know that if you start on the "off limits" stuff you will be lost! We all feel like that sometimes, but DO WE WANT TO BE SLIM?

There are literally hundreds of syn free or low syn recipes (can't spell for toffee today!) and alternatives for whatever we're craving. Why don't you find a few by searching slimming world recipes on here?

I agree with judimac. There should be no need to go hungry on SW unless your cupboards and fridge are completely empty x

Oh I have been lol. I am like a bottomless pit today though, I will have fruit and yogurt coming out of my ears. I have been determined not to use up syns on chocolate or anything like that because I know what I'm like, if I do then that will be it, I'll decide that I've buggered it up anyway and give up for the rest of the week. I'm much better just avoiding it, especially as I'm not especially wanting it at the moment.

Heya

I am relatively new to the forum myself. So welcome to you!

As for the munchies, well I am renowned for my rather large appetite and can eat at any point of the day full or not! So if I feel an extra hungry day coming on, I make soup anything syn free and make a largggge pot! Have some with lunch and then throughout the afternoon/evening finish it off!! There is really no need to be hungry at all.

Also someone else suggested on another thread, to give yourself a manicure, paint your nails, you won't want to mess them up delving into food.

Drink more is another tip I find useful, if you think you are hungry have a glass of water first as its usually a thirst thing rather than hunger. If you are still hungry after the drink, then eat something.

Helen xx

Hiya

Do you like scan bran? They fill you up really well..Some people think they are a bit like carpet tiles! hahahahaha
I actually like them..You need to have a drink with them and at 1/2 syn each piece they are great..You can have 5 as a heb too.
I have them for lunch with cottage cheese, carrot sticks and cherry tomatoes and it keeps me going til my evening meal...
They are versatile too and can be made into cakes to satisfy your sweet tooth...You can get them at group and they also sell them at Waitrose..

Good luck

Back