Random question but....

X Kelly X

Silver Member
Can you catch an illness like sickness and diarrhoea off a pet?
I have a v poorly doggie and now I'm extremely unwell!?
Does anyone know if you can catch things like that off pets or is it just a horrible coincidence ?

Thanks for your prompt reply!
The only think I can think of is some chicken that was cooked on Sunday as a whole chicken and used the extra to put in a pasta bake and mum gave some to the dogs. Only one is ill though and my mum seems fine. :-s oh well I'm probably just unlucky then lol.

I have two dogs and one of them's stomachs is much more sensitive than the others, not sure if that helps much though!

tallsarah said:
I have two dogs and one of them's stomachs is much more sensitive than the others, not sure if that helps much though!

One of my dogs who is ill right now has a sensitive tummy too. :-(
Thank u x

Yes sometimes you can catch things from a dog but it just depends on the illness, most of the time humans are known as 'carriers' and just travel an illness from animal to animal, sometimes you may feel some of the effects but this may be mainly psychological? If you are worried see your doctor? Hope you feel better soon hun! ( I study animal management, not just a geek lol)

DilEmma said:
Yes sometimes you can catch things from a dog but it just depends on the illness, most of the time humans are known as 'carriers' and just travel an illness from animal to animal, sometimes you may feel some of the effects but this may be mainly psychological? If you are worried see your doctor? Hope you feel better soon hun! ( I study animal management, not just a geek lol)

Aww bless you thank you!! I did eat out tonight so it could be food poisoning if it happened that quick. Hmm not sure. Have dosed up on peptol bismol and try sleep it off. :-s
Thank you though really appreciate the advice xx

Not a problem! It is probably an odd coincidence but things like that do get you thinking! Xx

Back