Random question!

louise_lily

Sorry if tmi but I am curious and would like to know what has happened to others. I have old 'sores' / spots / rough skin on my inner thighs from years of rubbing/chafing from being overweight. Does this skin repair itself once you have lost weight and they dont rub anymore or am I left with it forever! Are there any creams etc that could help?? Thanks in advance x

That's a really interesting question and I haven't got a clue of an answer but would love to know. What's the oil called that's used for pregnancy stretch marks...would that work?

Theres bio oil etc which I used religiously every day of my first pregnancy and still got masses of them! Wouldve thought with years of yo-yo weight my skin would already be stretched! I put on 3 stone and went 15 days late so didnt think was excessive! On the other hand my sister who was a size 6/8 before pregnancy and put on 4 stone and looked ridiculous like someone had put a beachball up her top so obviously stretched massively only got literally 2!! Think u r either prone to it or not! X

Is bio oil also the one used for scarring, I remember seeing one advertised on TV. I would imagine any very rich moisturizer would help but may not completely heal the scares. I know water intake is very important too, I had a serious skin condition last easter and was in hospital on IV antibiotics. What prevented the scarring was the consultant also put me on 2 litres IV fluids each day. Not helpful to you now but increase your water intake anyway, and talk to your local pharmacist...they are much more knowledgeable about some things compared to GPs....and free.

Back