Rant commencing! please read

Xylia

I Started SS last September, I managed to lose 6 1/2 stone in 7-8 months. Unfortunately I didn't get into university and my partner lost his job, other things happened and I developed depression. It should have been the best time of my life really I passed my Access course with the best grades I have ever got but It still wasn't good enough..

My partner sent me to the doctors and I received help, I have never really gone back to carbs since the diet and if I do Its wholemeal rice,pasta and bread, my portions sizes are still significantly smaller and i walked 5 miles everyday and even took up running every other day. Yet still i gained just under 2 stone back.........

I am on day 4 of SS the second time around I am finding it quite easy hungry wise I am however terrified that after I finish I will gain the weight back, despite doing the right things.

I have re-applied to university this year and I have two interviews in February, I am trying to remain positive but I don't even want to think about what would happen if I don't get in this year. Don't get me wrong I will never give up but it seems I will gain even more weight and I just can't deal with that it makes me totally miserable.

Thanks very much for listening I guess I just needed to get this out

Claire xxxx

Keep positive - Look at how well you did last time! Youve been brave coming back and if you finish the program then you will learn what and how to eat better. I've gained two stones too since last time. I'm on day 6 and have nearly lost a whole stone! I do have about 5 to loose though! Keep positive - remember food wont make you feel better it'll just make you fatter X

Be realistic for your height (tall, like me). A BMI of 21 ish might be too low for you - I got down to 11st 3lb which was a BMI of about 21 when I reached my target but to be honest I was too bony and it even hurt me to sit on a hard chair as I had no padding. It was almost like I'd pushed my body into a weight range that was too extreme for it naturally to be. Despite watching what I eat I've gained also but I'm now pulling it back after a Christmas holiday and am now aiming for a target of about 7lbs higher than my orginal. I've cut out carbs too on most days and also have the odd protein meal replacement shakes here and there so I sometimes think "is this my future - to continually watch what I eat?" I've come to the conclusion that the answer is Yes - this is my trade-off for being slim. Unfortunately, I'm not one of those people who instinctively 'know' when to stop eating and can leave food unfinished on their plate, I have to think about it and can easily keep on eating even when satisfied. I hope to get there someday but for now, the fact I can fit into size 12 jeans keeps me on the straight and narrow (even if I do curse about it sometimes)
Keep on keeping on xx

Last edited:
I Started SS last September, I managed to lose 6 1/2 stone in 7-8 months. Unfortunately I didn't get into university and my partner lost his job, other things happened and I developed depression. It should have been the best time of my life really I passed my Access course with the best grades I have ever got but It still wasn't good enough..

My partner sent me to the doctors and I received help, I have never really gone back to carbs since the diet and if I do Its wholemeal rice,pasta and bread, my portions sizes are still significantly smaller and i walked 5 miles everyday and even took up running every other day. Yet still i gained just under 2 stone back.........

I am on day 4 of SS the second time around I am finding it quite easy hungry wise I am however terrified that after I finish I will gain the weight back, despite doing the right things.

I have re-applied to university this year and I have two interviews in February, I am trying to remain positive but I don't even want to think about what would happen if I don't get in this year. Don't get me wrong I will never give up but it seems I will gain even more weight and I just can't deal with that it makes me totally miserable.

Thanks very much for listening I guess I just needed to get this out

Claire xxxx

Hey Claire x

Can i just ask, did you follow the CD all the way through the different stages?

Debs

Hey everyone thanks for your answers. I am now on the end of week 2, everything is going well i remember how much i hate water though :p

I went up to 1000 calories and 2 shakes.. then we ran out of money and I had to stop, I did however keep a food diary and continued getting weighed each week like normal for a further 4 weeks. I managed to maintain my weight and even lose weight while doing this.

xx

Back