Rant - OH

Krys

Now I appreciate that this was my choice to do LT, but my OH has got my goat this evening. The past two weeks, he's come home from an evening activity with chips and then tries to blame it on our friend. I am not saying he should not eat because I am not eating but would like a little bit of consideration for the fact that I am going through a difficult diet!

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA:mad:

just pull yourself through. I've held my OH takeaway and we will soon be eating it, just in smaller sizes! Its us who wants to change our lifestyle, not them! So just ask him politely to consider you and he may start thinking. You know what men are like!

Hi Kay, have you just asked if he could not do that? Or could he sit somewhere else? I can imagine that the smell would have you wanting to punch him in the chops ( well this is how i would feel)

My hubs is trying to shift a few pounds as well so he is on the Dukan diet, which is no carbs and he now goes and eats in the dining room so I dont have to watch him lol, but I still get ratty when he says " ooohhh could do with some bread" he then gets " FGS at least you have eaten" from me.

I also have my girls to feed which I do find hardish but seems to be getting easier, luckily as my eldest is a dancer and youngest a fencer they both have only ever had healthy meals and things like pizza etc as a treat in the week ( if only my mother had taught me that aye? or maybe she did and i wiped it from my memory when i started to stuff bad food? I would suspect the latter lol)

At the end of the day we need support at hom more than anywhere, we can avoid most social situs at the moment but cant avoid being in our own homes. I would ask him, or failing that tell him you will smack him square in the face if he does it again xxx

Hi Kay, have you just asked if he could not do that? Or could he sit somewhere else? I can imagine that the smell would have you wanting to punch him in the chops ( well this is how i would feel)

My hubs is trying to shift a few pounds as well so he is on the Dukan diet, which is no carbs and he now goes and eats in the dining room so I dont have to watch him lol, but I still get ratty when he says " ooohhh could do with some bread" he then gets " FGS at least you have eaten" from me.

I also have my girls to feed which I do find hardish but seems to be getting easier, luckily as my eldest is a dancer and youngest a fencer they both have only ever had healthy meals and things like pizza etc as a treat in the week ( if only my mother had taught me that aye? or maybe she did and i wiped it from my memory when i started to stuff bad food? I would suspect the latter lol)

At the end of the day we need support at hom more than anywhere, we can avoid most social situs at the moment but cant avoid being in our own homes. I would ask him, or failing that tell him you will smack him square in the face if he does it again xxx
so sorry, that was meant to be KRYS not kay, eyes not quite woken as yet!

See I must be really lucky when it comes to this. Iv been to the chippy to get meals for my other half and I cook all the meals here. When he's here, I get drinks and snacks in for him and I'm just not fussed. It was hard the first time I went to the chippy an I must admit, I was close to caving but I just think.....when I'm slim, I will go to the chippy and get something if I want to and enjoy it knowing I'm now healthier. The only thing I have a craving for tho is boiled rice and a tiny bit of curry sauce so that won't do me much damage :) my feelings towards food are definitly changing. If it bothers you tho, he should try and be more supportive. This is really hard and we need all the help we can get. Hugs x

See I must be really lucky when it comes to this. Iv been to the chippy to get meals for my other half and I cook all the meals here. When he's here, I get drinks and snacks in for him and I'm just not fussed. It was hard the first time I went to the chippy an I must admit, I was close to caving but I just think.....when I'm slim, I will go to the chippy and get something if I want to and enjoy it knowing I'm now healthier. The only thing I have a craving for tho is boiled rice and a tiny bit of curry sauce so that won't do me much damage :) my feelings towards food are definitly changing. If it bothers you tho, he should try and be more supportive. This is really hard and we need all the help we can get. Hugs x

I think you must just be very lucky, when I am doing dinners or hubs is eating I am not thinking JEEZ give me that, it is just basically a case of being told not to, making me want to really. I didnt get to this size without either wanting to or actually eating for the sake of it, or bored or happy or sad etc.

We were never big takeout eaters as even though i do love a good takeaway it isnt always in the budget, and I hate fish and chips and always have, but it was general eating lol

We will all travel this journey in different ways, lets hope we all make the finish line though xx

I think you must just be very lucky, when I am doing dinners or hubs is eating I am not thinking JEEZ give me that, it is just basically a case of being told not to, making me want to really. I didnt get to this size without either wanting to or actually eating for the sake of it, or bored or happy or sad etc.

We were never big takeout eaters as even though i do love a good takeaway it isnt always in the budget, and I hate fish and chips and always have, but it was general eating lol

We will all travel this journey in different ways, lets hope we all make the finish line though xx
I am similar to you in that respect. I nearly unconsciously ate a sweet yesterday because it was in a bowl in front of me when I was in a showroom. I checked myself and didn't obviously but it would have been so easy to do, without so much as a thought. I have been trying to work out out how I am going to change my eating habits when I come off this and have come to the conclusion that I cannot deny myself completely of things I enjoy but have to alter the frequency and amount.

He does eat the chips in another room but if there ever was a food which has a smell that permeates every part of your being, that for me is it!

I am similar to you in that respect. I nearly unconsciously ate a sweet yesterday because it was in a bowl in front of me when I was in a showroom. I checked myself and didn't obviously but it would have been so easy to do, without so much as a thought. I have been trying to work out out how I am going to change my eating habits when I come off this and have come to the conclusion that I cannot deny myself completely of things I enjoy but have to alter the frequency and amount.

He does eat the chips in another room but if there ever was a food which has a smell that permeates every part of your being, that for me is it!

Mine is bacon, and yes my eldest has just cooked some, I can smell it in the house for hours n hours lol, soooooooo lush!
and like you I dont think I want to make the commitment of NEVER having the "nice" things, but do need to learn that being in control for 6 days maybe means I can let loss ONE night a week, if i can learn and stick to that I think I will be happy, fingers crossed, of course I have to get there first!

Mine is bacon, and yes my eldest has just cooked some, I can smell it in the house for hours n hours lol, soooooooo lush!
and like you I dont think I want to make the commitment of NEVER having the "nice" things, but do need to learn that being in control for 6 days maybe means I can let loss ONE night a week, if i can learn and stick to that I think I will be happy, fingers crossed, of course I have to get there first!
I think it's an unrealistic prospect for me to never eat the nice things ever again, and almost a dare to do the reverse. I just want to not turn to food for whatever crud mood I am in.

I think it's an unrealistic prospect for me to never eat the nice things ever again, and almost a dare to do the reverse. I just want to not turn to food for whatever crud mood I am in.

totally agree and think its a good way forward x

Back