Rant! :'( People don't have to read lol it'll just make me feel better...

Lozzy Gozzy

Silver Member
Hmmm... :cry:

I have THE most horrible body EVER! I do everything right to it and still it wants to be fat and ugly and just well and truely horrible!

Yeah I calorie counted and lost weight, then I stopped losing weight completely!

I dropped my calorie intake... that didn't work!

I upped my calorie intake... THAT didn't work!

Every freaking day for the past 3 months I have gone to the gym! Not just little sessions but hardcore, aches, sweats, sicks, dizziness, worked my arse off sessions! I've mixed it up, made it harder, made it lighter...

NO WEIGHT LOSS!!!!

I took a break... and how frigging fast does my body put fat back on?! VERY! :mad:

So at my lowest when I plateaued I was down to 70.5kg (I was killing myself, eating knack all and spending all the day at the gym! Oh and bye bye TOTM as well! as a result of all the exercise and lack of calories! Still waiting for that to come back!)

Now, after all the experimenting, upping and downing calories and exercise I go back up to 72.5kg!

Light at the end of the tunnel, thought I'd give WW a go! Did my first week 100% Stuck to the fast track 18 points, no cheating...

Did tons of extra classes and sessions at the gym...

And the result?! +1lb...

No you didn't misread that... +1lb!!!!!!!!

:cry:

Does my body want to be fat and horrible and make me so unhappy forever?

I've spent the whole of this summer off from uni at the gym everyday, and eaten sensibly, and what a waste of time :(

I hit a low when today I got to the gym (I travel an hour and a half to get there and the same again to get back) to be told that not one but BOTH of my classes had been cancelled...

This after doing my weigh in and and gaining 1lb!!!! made me break down and cry my stupid fat eyes out! :cry:

What the hell do I do?!

I haven't had a single piece of chocolate or one incy wincy crisp past my lips in over 2 and a half years!

And no, it's not because I eat too little that I'm in "starvation mode" and no it's not because I'm gaining muscle (I've been going to the gym faaaarrrr too long for it to be that!) and losing fat and no it's not because it's that TOTM (because I don't flipping get one anymore!!) :cry:

The only thing that's keeping me going now is the fact that I NEVER give up! If I do then that's it, game over, waste of time losing any weight what-so-ever...

So yes, this isn't the end of the road, I'm not a quitter... it's more of a :sigh: and :cry: what the heck do I do??? All my energy goes into losing weight, eating right and exercising... it's starting to feel like a waste of time...

Help... :cry:

Lozzy, I really, really wish I had the answers that you deserve but I don't. All's I have is my absolute admiration for your dedication and your awesome staying power. I'm sending you a great big hug ((())) cos I know how absolutely gutted you must feel after all that effort. Just please try to remember that you are soooo much more than those numbers on the scales though - you're a lovely warm witty woman who should hold her head up high and be proud of who she is. Love and hugs hun - keep your chin up xxxxxxxxxx

I'm really sorry to hear of your troubles! I'd like to firstly say well done on your weight loss so far. It's tremendous that you've come all this way and haven't given up.

I think you should possibly speak to your GP about this problem, perhaps it could be a thyroid issue (I am not at all qualified btw and don't really know much about it, but I know it is a problem for some people trying to lose weight)

I know some people who plateau and so they give themselves a couple of days off or a week to eat whatever the hell they want, to give their body a shock and then they can continue with their weightloss. They may initially gain weight by doing this, but it works for some.

Do you keep a food diary? What types of foods are you eating? Perhaps you need to vary your diet a little more.

I do hope that this helps in some way. Hope the weight starts shifting again :)

Good luck! xx

Firstly :gen126: big hug from everyone here I am sure, It's very sad you feel like you have the most horrible body ever, and if its any consolation I would love to have a body like yours (just had a look at your photos). You have done so well and your an inspiration to a lot of us, I am still a newbie to minimins but your diary is the one I read everyday to keep me motivated!
I am glad to hear your not a quitter! You have come too far to give up and accept defeat. I hope it works out for you and you loose the rest of the weight you wish, keep doing what your doing and eventually something will happen, maybe it will just take a HELL of a lot longer, many many months some people take to loose just a pound after a lot of weight loss, hopefully this wont happen to you, but just remember how far you have come :)

only thing i say is are you taking measurements? because your body will be tonning, but your weight will be staying the same or gain, when you exercise your body gains muscels and when this happenes they retain more water than what fat actually does, so when your exercising and tonning up your body will be holding onto more water retention hun, therefore your measurements will be changing but your weight will be sts or gaining due to the extra water being in your body; i'd stick with WW like you say don't give up and cut back on exercise, JUST for one week, don't go crazy and see how it goes :) hope your alright and chin up there is a light at the end of every tunnel i promise xxx

Ps; also hun due to you being strict on calorie counting that when your on WW it doesn't have limits like that, therefore your calorie intake will be more, meaning at first your body may gain just until it realises what your doing, it will fix itself in time in the mean time keep at it and just wait it out i'm afraid xx

It could be youre not eating enough, in fact Id say thats exactly the problem this week. When youre so active fast start possibly wasnt the best idea. If you re going to the gym every day and doing some serous work outs, did you calculate your activity points??? Did you use them?? So honestly, Id say that despite your protests ;) You ARENT eating enough....

This week stick to the correct points, for a start, use some of your activity points and I bet you see a result next week x

oh hun-most of us feel the same way about our bodies-thats why where here. im amazed at the amount of excercise you do, and how much weight yuo have lost so far, really well don for that. please dont beat yourself up about this, calorie counting is alot different to weight watchers, on calorie counting you probably did take in alot less calories than you do on weight watchers, so as someone else said your body is ajusting.
hope you get the results you want soon xx

No great advice to offer, but I didn't want to read and run. I did occur to me too, though, that you aren't eating enough ....
but no wonder you're frustrated, I really applaud your determination.
Count your points carefully, make full use of WW's online help for calculating your points and your activity points (you'll be banking loads based on your exercise programme), eat every one of them and see what result that gives x

hugs hun! 1st ur are my insperation ur pictures of how far have come really make me realise i can do it too! you have done an amazing job with ur weight loss so far which i admire u for so much for and your determination not to let this beat u is also a true insperation too we all have this thing where we say we have horrid bodies and are with u on this fighting the bulge u have done so well already and like others have already said i am sure ur hard work will pay off in time i would agree maybe u are working ur body to hard to keep up with the new diet cut ur gym sessions down and if u still want exercise then a little walk it will give u some exercise u want and not so hard going on ur body i hope u feel better today and i am sure u will see some amazing result soon xXx

Just checked out your pics, you are looking GREAT :) I am in awe at your determination, I think I would have thrown in the towel by now, especially all the travelling to the gym!!! I have no words of wisdom and hope you get to your goal, its got to happen eventually, take care.

hey hun, firstly big big hugs, please dont be too hard on yourself. I dont have any advice on the sts or gaining, but i do think you should visit the dr about the missing totm, as it sounds to me that you are not getting adequate (sp?) nutrition (vits and mins), this may also be the reason for you not losing any more?
xxx

Hi everyone! :)

I can't quite think of what to say... I don't think thankyou comes anywhere near to even covering how appreciative I am for all of your replies! But THANKYOU!!

The fact that each one of you have taken the time to write to me and offer all of your amazing advice, support and help is just unbelievable!

I find it amazing how kind and caring you all are, I know this is just a website but each and every one of you have given me more support over this issue than anyone I know in "real life"... and if any of you need any support in any form I will certainly be at the front of the queue to give you it, I owe you all so much! :)

The encouragement from you all is overwhelming, and I feel so much better than I did a few days ago...

And even though I think it was just a heat of the moment, get it off my chest rant, I've taken a lot of time to think about it and take on board all of your replies, and I feel a lot more in control again now :)

Still, I don't know how I can thank you all enough! So I'm going to reply to you all individually for starters!

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend! :) You all deserve all the happiness in the world!!!!

hi,

im so glad u are feeling a bit better!!! from your original post, it is very clear u were so frustrated and with good reason! uv come so far and look amaizing and to feel that u may not reach the end of your journey is a frightening thought for u to be having. but i am so pleased u r not a quitter and will continue on your long hard treck all the way to the end!!!! some times just doing something out of your 'norm' can be enough to kick start u again, and i know u feel u are eating enough, i think u may be needing a few more calories to sustain your exercise regime. have u spoke to a dietician??? i know my gp sugery has a dietician who was really helpful to me and helped me find the balance in the past, worth a try?

keep your chin up hun and stay positive.....with hugs xxx

Hi,
Firstly, I think your amazing for keeping on with your mission. I saw that someone had mentioned thryroid problems, it might be worth having a simple check on that because that may explain your loss of your TOTM. This happened to my friend who now takes Thyroxin and has still managed to lose 3 stone on WW since March this year.
Good luck, and you are an insparation to many.....xx

Awww - just sending you :hug99:massive hugs hunnybunch!!! Knew you were a fighter! xxxx :D

glad ur feelin better hun and well done for staicking with it ! hugs((()))s x

Back