Rant rant rant......!!!

bubbalicious

Silver Member
Just wanted to rant for a bit, so please bear with me.

Me and boyfriend are on SW, I do ALL the planning, I cook ALL the food, I shop for the food and he does....... well nothing to contribute.

So whats happens on weigh day...... he loses 2 pounds and I STS. The week before I lost 2 pounds and he lost 5 pounds!..... ARGH!!!

Why do men lose weight more than women :(...

Rant over.... thanks!! :p

Basically because they're not women. Your body is programmed to try and hold onto fat for childbearing - it's your hormones, nothing you can do about it. So it's harder for women to lose than men because you are fighting against nature.

Yep what they said, we cant help it, it sooo sucks lol

Awww huni!!! Sorry, that's a bit pants!! It's hard isnt it, you want to be supportive of each other but it's nice to lose more than them sometimes too!! Esp as you seem to be puttin in all of the effort!

Your week will come hun, keep your chin up! xx

1. Men have more muscle. This allows them to burn more calories, even when at rest.
  2. Women are predisposed to store and retain fat. Women have higher levels of estrogen, a hormone that works works to keep the fat on a woman's body so it's easier for her to get pregnant. That means women have to work harder to lose weight at the same rate as men.
  3. Men's bodies respond more quickly to exercise. Women's bodies, meanwhile, actually go into a sort of starvation mode, slowing the metabolism to hang onto more fat.
  4. Women may have a lower tolerance for exercise. Women have smaller lung capacity than men, which can make women feel as though they are working harder than men even if the women are working at the same level. This can also make exercise feel harder in the heat or high humidity.

Thanks Pesty, will try to keep said chin up.....

looking at point 2 though, I dont want children so can I not have that hormone please!!!! hee hee :D

I feel your pain - I do everything too and although my hubby isnt officially on Sw he follows plan with me and annoys me whenever he loses ( he is only losing a stone it total and seems to be flying!)

I feel for you hun - my hubby stuffs himself stupid and doesn't gain and he only has to so much as 'think' about dieting and he seemingly drops a stone!! :mad: Its so frustrating!

my dh is say hun we went away for 4 days i gained 5lb he lost a lb not fair i know
we just have to get on with it concentrate on your losses compared to no one else but yourself you have lost 24lbs hun thats amazing and you must feel better for it

just to add - womens bodies are GORGEOUS, curves and all that jazz! we need an extra couple of pounds to retain those gorgeous curves!

Men.....not the best to look at naked really. Excluding David Beckham...

....and my Fiance. lol! x

Awwww, dont take it to heart. My oh eats and drinks what he wants and is a skinny whippet..........me, I'm more of the cuddly variety!! While I am losing weight slowly but surely I am a bit jealous!! I do try hard not to think too much about it! xx

Men.....not the best to look at naked really. Excluding David Beckham...

....and my Fiance. lol! x

Hahahahaha that really made me laugh!!!! :D

because men are jammy sods!! :rolleyes:

That's all I have to say on the matter ! :)

Back