Rant time !!

Brightonrosie

I want to be fitter again
More and more on here, people say they are doing slimming world but then do their own thing. SW can be confusing enough to beginnners so don't let us make it even harder for them. Many times on here people say they are not loosing or staying the same and it makes me wonder if they have taken advice from someone who says " I've always done it this way and it has never done me any harm" I am sure this will not sit well with a some folks but I am finding myself getting irritated with people not following the plan and telling others how it has worked for them. You may as well follow a calorie counted diet or some other GRRRRRR Spare a thought for the newcomers .Rant over !!!!

Very true, I always turn to the website for the most up to date info re HEX's and the "plan". I email them too to get the official line.

I think the website isn't used as much as it should be really.

I agree with you, the one thing I disagree with is medicines. SW state that medicines should be synned in order to guarantee a loss at WI. MY felling on this is that medicines should not be synned if you are taking them for medicinal purposes, and that your long term health should come before a one off weight loss. (I'm reffering to things like Lemsip and Soothers etc)

Totally agree with you on that one evanesco! I know when I'm poorly I want the bloomin medicine, I dont care about the syn value, just want to get better!!! xx

I don't mind people bending/breaking the rules...or using old SW guidelines that still work for them, and I don't see a huge problem with them sharing that with 'the group'! However, I do think you should learn the plan by the rules before you bend/break them!

I would always encourage a newbie with questions to learn, learn, learn the plan. Learn by doing, follow it to the letter...and then start tweaking it if things aren't working.

I can see where your rant has come from though, it can cause a great deal of confusion, I'd imagine :)

I think that we all have the right to interperet the plan how we like, the beauty of SW is that it can easily be fitted into ANY lifestyle. As we all have different lifestyles we will all find different ways to make the plan work for us whilst still losing weight. We all also have the right to share our stories here. BUT I do agree that people should only give advice as per the SW guidelines. Also a good point made that not all consultants are consistent which means advice given will vary greatly.

Perhaps if people are posting with slight worries or concerns, it could just be seen as people trying to be helpful which is never a bad thing.

I thought the whole point of SW is to help establish eating habits that can last a lifetime; following something to the absolute letter is is not realistic for many people and isn't something that is easy to maintain for long periods. I have rarely seen people telling others to disregard the rules, but merely making suggestions and offering help to those seeking it anyway.

Reactions: Taz
Perhaps if people are posting with slight worries or concerns, it could just be seen as people trying to be helpful which is never a bad thing.

I thought the whole point of SW is to help establish eating habits that can last a lifetime; following something to the absolute letter is is not realistic for many people and isn't something that is easy to maintain for long periods. I have rarely seen people telling others to disregard the rules, but merely making suggestions and offering help to those seeking it anyway.
I have to agree totally with this. I think that as long as people say that it's just what they do and not part of the plan, it's then the responsibility of the individual whether or not they want to try someone elses method

Back