Rant !

jaxmummy

Silver Member
:mad: i started cambridge a week ago and went to the docs with my psoriosis, to be told my bp was up (never had this before). Asked about diet and exercise and told him about this. He advised to come off it was dangerous bla bla bla. So i did doctor knows best after all, i rang my cdc cancelled her next visit and threw 4 days worth of shakes in the bin !

Then today i went back and saw my own gp to discuss medications, he checked my bp and guess what NORMAL ! I told him about the other doctor and he basically said i have never had any probs with bp and normal today, he put it down to exam stress and chasing the little one up and down the corridor and actually promoted CD.

So i have throw 4 days worth of shakes away, could have had a good bloody weeks weigh in and now i have to wait for tues to see my cdc

Gutted :cry:

That's disgraceful and so annoying.

You never say someone has a blood pressure problem on one reading (unless it's so high you need immediate medical treatment)... it's always monitored over a series of weeks to see if there is a pattern of being high... because one off anomalies are common... we tend to call them "white coat hypertension" .. your blood pressure goes up just cos it's being measured!

I'd be writing a letter! He basically scared you senseless for nothing.

Thanks hun (are you a gp ? you know alot!). To be honest im just gladi saw my own doctor so soon after, if i hadnt got a review i wouldnt have got back on it for months possibly

Back