Rant!

emmapetty

Going for Goal!
My husband is driving me insane - watching me like a hawk with every mouthful. I wish I hadn't told him I was on a diet!

So today we were shopping in town and stopped for lunch. I opted for a jacket with beans. I'll be honest, when it came out it was huge in comparison to his panini and side salad...and so his comments began "so much for being on a diet eh". I explained it was free foods to which he smirked in a disbelieving way.

Then for tea he decided to cook a frozen pizza while I bathed the little.one. when I came down I left him to story time and cooked myself a baked cod fillet, quinoa, spinach and cauliflower. "there is no way you can eat all that", I corrected him and his reply "so basically you can eat howeveruch and whatever you like on this diet then"

His face was an absolute picture when I then returned from the kitchen with a bowl of blueberries, strawberries and vanilla Muller light. He literally laughed in my face commenting "diet my arse".

I'm fuming!

Is anyone else's partner so dismissive of slimming world?

"I have explained it, twice, and you don't believe me. So now the subject is closed."

Then all you have to do is wait for the results!

Optional responses:-

"so much for being on a diet eh" - Yes!! I know!!! Amazing isn't it?!!!

"there is no way you can eat all that" - Just watch me! / Yes I can! / Is that a bet?

"so basically you can eat howeveruch and whatever you like on this diet then" - Pretty much!. / Most things, except processed cr*p like that pizza you've just cooked.

"diet my arse" - I think that the phrase you're looking for is "Diet my ever decreasing arse!"

If none of that works, tell him about the plan. If you've already done that, wait till he's watching something on the TV, take all your books out, turn the TV off and tell him you'd like to explain the plan to him!!! Then threaten him with the "If you can't understand it when I explain it, maybe you should come to group with me!!!" pmsl!

HTH!!!

Last edited:
Great ideas thankyou! I needed a rant: was feeling fed up. Normally I'd turn to dairy milk but it wasn't worth it!
Only on my second week. Found the plan brilliant. I take jacket potatoes to work most days! Getting a little bored of that so will be taking pasta salads next week.

Love the suggested responses lol. After explaining the plan to him several times he will soon stop asking ;)

I have been meaning to have jacket potato at lunch but not sure how it would turn out?! Do you just cook it at home as per usual and warm it up at work?

Back