Puddings Raspberry bakewell cakes

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by ImpossibleDreamer, 9 June 2011 Social URL.

1. ImpossibleDreamer

ImpossibleDreamer Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st5.5lb(27.39%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hey guys this is my first attempt at concocting my own recipe having got into baking for the first time in my life.

Have rounded these up to 4.5 syns each from 4.2 to account for the raspberry being cooked. You could bring it down by leaving out the icing sugar in the topping but I think it's worth it.

Hope you enjoy!

Raspberry Bakewell cakes- Makes 12
    Ingredients:
    2 eggs
    3oz self raising flour
    2oz caster sugar
    2 tablespoons of splenda
    1.5oz lurpak lighter
    Few drops vanilla essence
    12 raspberries
    For the Icing:
    2oz icing sugar
    Quark
    Almond essence
    Splenda
    Pink food colouring​

Method:
    Preheat oven to 190 degrees.
    Line a cake tray with 12 cake cases.
    Gently melt butter in a saucepan and pour into a large mixing bowl.
    Add sugar, sweetener, eggs and vanilla essence . Sift in flour and mix well with an electric whisk.
    Spoon a little of the mixture ( about one level desert spoon ) into each case and place a raspberry in the middle. Dive the rest of the mixture among the cases making sure the raspberry is covered with cake mix.
    Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden and risen,
    Place on a wire rack to cool.
    Mix quark with the icing sugar, drop of pink food colouring and a few drops of almond essence. Sweeten to taste using splenda. Spoon a little on to each cake and leave to set in the fridge.​

Attached Files:

Last edited: 10 June 2011
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.