Raw weight vs. Cooked weight

Elvira

Mistress of the Dark
Hi,

Does anyone know roughly how much 175g of raw chicken/turkey weighs after it has been cooked?

I ask because I am on 810 and having to use pre-cooked meat so I want to check how much to use.

Thanks xxx

That is a very good question! Especially as I just found out yesterday that it is the raw weight they give, not cooked, because I tend to be taking it from a whole cooked chicken!!! I have always eaten under the weights given anyway (there is only so much chicken I can eat) so I am not going to get that het up about it.

But I will have an answer for us both by the weekend, as I am going to start measuring raw and cooked because I want to know the difference!

I'm a fast worker! And I cheated by googling it. Will test it out for myself though but Gem needed answers now!

You know, it all depends on the quality of the meat. As you know they inject a lot of water into poultry to rob us. So I still want to check it out for myself.

i tend to just have a chicken breast... if i'm 10 grams over or under it isn't going to exactly damage the diet... i'm not going to shave bits off for example :)

abz xx

Exactly. You ain't gonna get fat on chicken. Mind you the water they inject into it might make you heavier on the scales lol!

Back