RB's Sole source hell!

Hey RB, you're doing really well, especially as you are surrounded by all the temptation! Woo hoo! Planning the water can be tough, especially if you are "out and about". There are times when I'm out and all of the sudden I need a pee - yikes!!! One soon learns where all the loos are. :)

I got the ketostix at my local drug store (Boots equivalent). However, I don't think you really need them to know if you're in ketosis - you know because of the funny taste in your mouth, the marked reduction in hunger and, at least for me and several others, the feeling of being cold a lot.

Any exciting plans for tomorrow? I'm off to go babysitting now and still have 2 products to go (had a very late breakfast). Figure I will take a shake and bar and at least get one in.

Oh you have no idea how much temptation! My little darlings decided they wanted me to take them to McDonald's for tea! This is hell! Lol

Tomorrow, more temptation comes my way as we have a party at the rugby club, complete with pig roast and bar b que!

Due to my bad planning and also a late breakfast I've only had 2 shakes, so as soon as I'm home I'm gonna mix up a nice thick chocolate one and savour every last drop! X

Thanks Cari, It was not too bad but still glad when it was over, into day 4 now, and feeling better now the day has gone on. No I have not got any ketostix, are they just from my CDC? X

I have to get mine online. Chemists can be a bit funny about selling them to you unless you're diabetic in my experience. They're not that reliable tbh but I just like seeing the proof! :)
If you've stuck to plan 100% then you can be confident that you will go into ketosis between days 3-5 :)

Fab to hear you're feeling better. keep up the good work x

ah ok, ill have a look next time I'm in town, I'm guessing I'm there as i can taste it and i do feel blooming cold! Just had a "tepid" banana shake, wiring for the ice cubes to try a chilled chocolate one later. x

rugger bugger said:
I'm feeling a lot better thank shabs, was a bit queezy this morning and bad planning on my part means I'm behind on my water but out with the kids on their bikes now and just stopped at a cafe so sipping on a water whilst they tuck in to hot dogs! Xx

Hello rb. Thank you for popping over to my diary I appreciate you taking the time to post. Hope your having good evening I still doing good nearly end of day 2 just had last shake hot chocolate :) have good rest of evening

Thats a pleasure, we can keep each other motivated. x

Hi RB, great to see a fella posting, I've enjoyed reading your diary so far and looking forward to what comes next. I'm on day 5 of a re start so I know how hard it is for you. Please make sure you neck the water though, it really does make a difference to your health and weight loss.

Looking forward to seeing the results of your first weigh in x

Thank you bg, Im glad you have enjoyed following my progress, I'm no literary genius but ill try and make it as entertaining as possible, although I'm sure my cheeky sense of humour will get me into trouble at some point! lol. Have a great sunday, today is a big challenge for me. x

Well, today is going to be a challenge........... Last year a very good friend of mine, Matt, died in a accident that saw him fall from a roof giving him a massive head trauma. the local hospital wrote him off then the Queen Elizabeth in Birmingham stepped in and spent a further 3 days battling to save his life. As a mark of gratitude 11 friends have been cycling from Rome back to home, a total of 1400 miles over the last 2 week, in what was initially an attempt to raise £20,000 for the QE. that target was smashed a little while ago so they have a new target of £29,000 which they are well on their way to.

Today, they arrive home and we are hosting a huge homecoming party down the rugby club, so its gonna be temptation city, tie that in with the fact it its gonna be bloody emotional and I'm gonna need all the willpower i can muster, we are talking......... Bar, pig roast, bar, bar-b-que, ice cream oh and did i mention a bar?

Wish me luck ..... GLUG GLUG GLUG x

Hang on in there RB! You have been doing amazingly well....

I did come on to post some positive words about resisting old habits around the kids, but your last entry blew me away.... Terribly sad but inspirational events.
Will you do a fellow CD' er a favour and toast the cyclists home with a fizzy water for me?
I'm sure you will be fine, but you are right it is a unique situation with much emotion so I wish you luck x

Thanks Team. x

Now then RB, I echo the words above, what a day, what a bunch of friends, it really will be a test. I challenge you to imagine you are me around the hog roast though. I'm vegetarian, have been for longer than not. So imagine how I would feel surrounded by barbarians eating flesh - eughh!!!

Hope its as good as it can be xx

Thanks, and yes i will, but I'm a stereotypical bloke when it comes to meat I'm afraid, that said my GF is vegetarian and she's turned me into a Quorn fan. x

just heard something that made me chuckle! sounds a bit off topic but ... a/ it relates to my digestive health today and b/ gets me 1 post nearer to 50 lol

"love is like a fart.... if you have to force it, its probably sh*t ! x

Good luck today both emotionally and cd wise! Tell yourself you're not bothered, it's all in the mind and you'll get through it!

Again, thank you, I'm sure it will be fine, from what i can gather from Facebook, everyone will be so hungover from last night, ill have an easy escape, unless i get roped in to work the barbie! lol x

Hi thanx for taking ur time to post on my diary... just had a wee read at urs and u seem to be doing great. Good luck for today and i look forward to seeing how u get on at ur first WI

Thanks Gaylie, I'm looking forward to tuesday night. I'm hoping to see an encouraging loss.

As for today, i will pop a post on later on and let you know how I'm getting on.

Thanks for your support. xx

omg justhad to wander home to pickup a hoodie as im blommin freezing! the sun sun out but I'm soooooo cold!. getting loads of banter for walking around with a bottle of water but hey ho, onwards and downwards. x

Back