Re Evaluating my Target Weight???

Losing it for good

Hi Guys,

Want to ask you all how you came to decide on what your target weight should be??

When I started CD at 13 stone:sigh:, I just looked at a BMI chart with my CDC and said 'I want to be 9 1/2 stone' because it was in a healthy range and sounded good.lol This is what I have been aiming for ever since but over the past few weeks I have been thinking that this might not be the ideal weight for me:confused:

I am now 9lbs:D:D away from having a healthy BMI and think that going a little lower than this (between 9 stone 10lbs (BMI 23.7) and 10 stone (BMI 24) ) would be great for me.

I'm worried that I could get to 9 1/2 stone and look a little unwell in addition to finding it harder to maintain!:eek:

I've never wanted to be skinny- just healthy. I like my curves and don't want to lose much more. I'm a busty girl (G Cup when I started CD and after 2 stone loss still an impressive E Cup) so I am definitely re evaluating my options.;)

Good news means I have less than a stone to lose until my new target. he he.:):)

Anyway I'll stop waffling, just want to see if anyone else was having the same dilemma(s) as me??

I'm aiming for 10 stone and if I want to lose more after this I will do xxxx

you will know when you are ready to stop. i chose 12stone 6 as my target and am hoping to get to 12 stone by moving up the plans. that will give me a BMI of 24. i'm tempted to try to get to 11stone 6 as it's a nice round 23 BMI and 160lbs BUT i really don't think it would be maintainable, and i don't want to lose it from my face really, so we'll see. i, like you, like my curves and so does my O/H, so 12stone will be it for me.

only you can know what feels right for you, and you hare doing really well, so keep going and you'll have that final couple of stone off before you know it! :)

Yep, numbers on the scales are not as important as how you feel....re adjust to what you think is right.........you can always re evaluate and change your mind...nothing is set in stone!! You are doing a great job and looking fab in your Avatar!!!

I know exactly how you feel. I started CD at 13st 7lb and I am now 8lb away from my target of 10st 7lb. However, I set my self further goals after that of 10st and ultimately 9st 7lb. I don't know what I will look like at 9st 7lb but I have a feeling it may be a bit too low. I am 43 and I think sometimes being too skinny makes you look gaunt and older. I dont want that. So, I will get to 10st 7lb and see then. I DO want to get to 10st but will definately re-evaluate the 9st 7lb goal.

Well done on getting to 9lb to target :)

I started 2 days ago and weighed 12st 11lb, I have a target of 9st, only because this is the weight I was before I had my 2 kids and was very happy at this weight. I think just see how you feel as you go along, yoou'll know when to stop.

Thanks Guys,

I think you are all right- as long as I am happy I should just see how it goes. I never thought I would get into the 10's so why I am putting extra pressure on myself to get in the 9's- who knows!!

I have chosen 10st as my goal because it's in the middle of the healthy weight range for my height-however I have been overweight forever so I have no idea how I will look and feel as I get lower down the stones.I'll adjust my goal if I need to-if I post pics on here and people tell me I look too skinny then I will stop-if they tell me I can still lose a few more pounds then I'll keep going-at this point I don't trust myself to know when I look good.

Hiya, well done on your achievement so far :)

I adjusted my goal from 9st to 8st11lbs. I know I'm comfy at 9st but I decided if i kept that as my goal I may find the last few lbs harder to get rid of(always had the lower goal in mind). However my lowest weight as an adult was 8st 6lbs which would be the very, very lowest I'd ever go. I'm on 810 at the moment and may use the 1000 plan soon and just see what i lose weekly on that. I chnage my mind all the time :)

I think we will know when we feel we're at the right weight. Good luck xxx

I picked 10st 7, as at 11stone I will have a BMI of 25, but I want to have a bit of room to play with too.

Might lower it to 10st 6, just so its a round 70lbs loss, but don't know yet. We'll see. Its just a numbers thing.

I think when I feel bikini ready I'm there.

Back