Re-introducing Myself!

ChristieK

Queen of Cats
Hello, all. I've been a member here at MiniMins for a long time. Thought I'd post a bit about myself so when I post replies on any threads, you don't wonder who the heck is she!

I'm American, living in UK, married to Brit. Was very fit and slim, but when I moved here in 2005, gained a lot of weight from being inactive and eating lots of stuff I didn't normally have (lots of chips, pies, stuff like that). Got up to about 15 stone (gasp, horror!!!) and when I took a good look, got really mad!

Started first on Cambridge, lost about 4 stone, but was hard to maintain after I came off it since it is such a restricted calorie intake. Joined local gym, and have stayed there doing cardio several times per week since 2006. Gained a bit back by being a little greedy, so went over to W8, which had a bit more variety than Cambridge. Did a great detox (Detox Int'l), and then a week-long fitness retreat, was in great shape, got down to about 11st 5lbs.

After maintaining a while, got a bit complacent about my food and kept splurging a bit and not getting hold of myself. Injured both of my shoulders (rotator cuff impingements) so cut out some of my exercise, so weight started to creep back on. Got diagnosis and help for shoulders in late spring, started WW in June (local meetings, neighbors attend as well) and have lost my gains, plus some! I wish I had tried WW in the first place, find it very easy.

So now...I go to pilates reformer class at least 2 times per week, yoga normally once per week, and I do at least 4 cardio sessions per week; either at the gym (about 75 mins intervals on several machines) or I do Nordic Walking in the local area. I try to keep my cardio at a relatively high intensity. I track activity points by using a 1-10 scale, 1 being terribly easy breathing, and 10 being gasping and can't talk! But I don't obsess over activity points, better just to be doing something than worrying about activity points in 10 minutes of cross trainer.

So that's me in a nutshell. I used to have a workout diary on the Fitness board here, but got bored with posting on it quite a while ago. I log my workouts on my iPhone, just to keep track. I use the PP tracker on my iPhone, also my iPad, and I also use it online if I'm at a computer. Hope WW is working as well for you as it is for me; it makes me have to be accountable for my food, and that really works for me! :D

Back