Re-Joining....

LizzieF

Hi Guys

Well wish me luck I'm re-joining Slimming World (building myself up to going to Group this Thursday). Haven't followed it in a year as tried Weight Watchers from May-ish last year (which was ok for a while - but started getting hungry on it :-( as was using my extra points on chocs instead of nurishing food lol).

Then sadly I suddenly lost my mum in January this year and I just either didn't eat or I ate what I wanted when I wanted (which funnily enough - I either lost weight or stayed the same, never put on). But it's slowly starting to creep on and I am now in a bad habit of snacking on the wrong things :-( I've not been hard on myself over it as I've not been in the right frame of mind at all :-(

Not sure I am now like, but I need to start at some point getting back on track and being in control of my food intake. I don't want to put the stone back on I lost before all this happened....

Anyways, sorry for rambling, look forward to following your food diaries & posts for useful tips and motivation and look forward to chatting with you all.

Liz xxx

Aw good luck hun. It's a huge step rejoining especially after all the hard stuff youve had to overcome.

I agree don't be hard on yourself it's a new fresh start. Good luck xx

After what you have been through don't blame yourself for eating whatever.

Everyone needs a fresh start at times, just draw a line under what you have been doing and start again.

Well done for making the decision to rejoin, I know it is a hard choice to make as I have done it before on other plans. Good luck x

good luck with the re-join, i started again after only a month off plan and i found that hard....you fall into bad habits very quickly...but i see it as a fresh start!

Thanks guys gonna start planning ready for Thursday, meal plans for the week and do the food shopping after group on Thursday so I've no excuse :)

Well joined this Thursday just gone and only put 4lb on. Not bad to say I've just eaten what an when I wanted or not eaten my full 3 meals a day over past 4 months :-( finding it hard with not having naughty things but refraining so far. Let's hope I'm strong enough to carry on til Thursday. I need to get back into the right mindset. Any low syn choc fixes anyone would like to share with me would be fab :)

The new hifi bars chocolate are ace they really hit my chocolate need!! Xx

LizzieF said:
Well joined this Thursday just gone and only put 4lb on. Not bad to say I've just eaten what an when I wanted or not eaten my full 3 meals a day over past 4 months :-( finding it hard with not having naughty things but refraining so far. Let's hope I'm strong enough to carry on til Thursday. I need to get back into the right mindset. Any low syn choc fixes anyone would like to share with me would be fab :)

Treatsized bags of buttons (4 syns per bag) and mini streatsized boxes smarties (3.5 syns per bag) most treatsized choc is low synned, but just check the nutritional info with syn calc online if ur unsure. My fave is the mini smarties cuz u get about 40 in a box! Suck them and they last ages!!!

sorry to hear about your mum, you've made the first step re-joining, well done. I have recently rejoined after having a baby put it off for ages as i put on 5 and half stone while pregnant, used it as an excuse to eat whatever i wanted - big mistake. any way i lost some wieght on my own kinda following SW but i re-joined 4 weeks ago - lost 10 pounds in the 4 weeks (altogether i've lost just over 3 and half stone since october) i need to loose another 1 stone 13 to get to my pre baby weight - then i will decide what my target weight is. when i get to my pre baby weight (12 stone) i still need to loose at least 2 stone to be classed as in a healthy weight range. however i have never been 10 stone and i really don't think i would be able to maintain that weight so i will just see when i get there.

good luck on your journey, heres a few recipes that i have picked up off this site:
doner meat
Ingredients:
1 teaspoon plain flour
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
500g/1.1 lb lamb mince

Method:
Preheat oven to gas mark 4/180C/350F

In a large bowl, combine the plain flour, dried oregano, dried Italian herbs, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper.

Add the lamb mince and mix thoroughly for 2-3 minutes. Take out all of your aggression on the kebab mixture, punching and kneading until no air pockets remain and the kebab meat is extremely smooth.

Shape the seasoned mince into a loaf and place on a baking tray.

Bake in the middle shelf of the oven for 1 hour 20 minutes, turning the loaf half way through the cooking time to ensure even browning.

Once cooked, remove from the oven and cover with foil. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.

Slice the donor kebab as thinly as possible and serve with pitta, salad and sauces!!!

Syn Free KFC

10 x Chicken Drummers or 4 Chicken Breasts
1 x Tub Chicken Bovril Paste
1 x Egg
1 x Clove of Garlic crushed (optional if you dont like garlic)
2 x Teaspoons of Ground Black Pepper (optional)
2 x Teaspoons of Mixed Spice (optional)
1 x Teaspoon of mild chilli powder (optional)
4 x Slices brown bread
2 x Teaspoons mixed herbes

Method
Place chicken drummers/chicken breasts in a deep pan fill with water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 30 mins. Drain and leave to cool. When cool remove the skin and pat dry. Cut chicken breasts into strips.

Place the bread and mixed herbes into a food processor and blend until crumbled and empty onto a large dish. Scoop out all the bovril paste into a small bowl. Mix in the egg, crushed garlic, pepper, spice and chilli until you have a gloopy paste.

Now for the fun bit, but before you start switch on the oven to its highest setting and have a baking tray sprayed with fry light on stand by. Using a spoon carefully dribble the paste all over a chicken drummer/strip then roll it in the breadcrumb mixture and place on the baking tray. Repeat until all the drummers/strips are covered.

Place the chicken in the oven and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until the breadcrumbs have started to go brown and crisp. Remove and leave to cool. Once cool transfer to a serving plate.

Enjoy!

Turkish delight
INGREDIENTS
8 fl.oz cold water
3 Tblsp Rose Essence
3-4 Tblsp Splenda
2 Sachets gelatine
Frylight
Pink Colouring paste
1 tsp icing sugar (1 syn)

Spray some silicone ice cube trays with frylight

In a small saucepan mix the water, Rose essence and sweetener together and slowly bring to the boil

Lower to a simmer and whisk in the gelatine powder.

Carefully pour into the moulds

Using a cooks paintbrush or toothpick, pick up some pink colour paste and mix into each cube

Set in the fridge

Push cubes out.

In a separate bowl sieve the icing sugar.
Dip the 'Turkish delight' into the sugar as you eat.

If sprinkled on top, it dissolves and disappears

i have tried the doner meat and kfc and they are delicious - i'm doing the doner meat for my partner tonight - but trying it with extra lean steak mince

xx

I didn't go back :-( how bad is that :-( I've just struggled all week and my mind is not where it needs to be to give the commitment needed :-( Ive apologised to the leader as I don't want to waste her time. I will go back and do it I'm just not ready. I am watching what I eat to an extent but I'm not stressing myself about if I go wrong :-( when my mind and I are back on an even keel I will try again... thanks for your advice and support guys I will still be on here taking in all the advice ready for when I ready to try again x x

I didn't go back :-( how bad is that :-( I've just struggled all week and my mind is not where it needs to be to give the commitment needed :-( Ive apologised to the leader as I don't want to waste her time. I will go back and do it I'm just not ready. I am watching what I eat to an extent but I'm not stressing myself about if I go wrong :-( when my mind and I are back on an even keel I will try again... thanks for your advice and support guys I will still be on here taking in all the advice ready for when I ready to try again x x

Oh thats a shame but I hope you are able to clear your head and go back - I'm sure your leader will be pleased to see you.
x

Back