Re-posted so I can find it again!!!

pinkelle

I'm on a mission!!!
I saw this on another forum but it rings so true so I have copied it here so I can find it and refer to it easily!

What to do if you want to eat ?

1. Write it away
Next time you get a craving for a specific food, such as cheesecake, write it down in a
notebook. Recording a food thought takes it out of your head.

2. Take two bites
Don’t deprive yourself of your favorite dessert. Instead, take two bites. The first two bites
of any food always have the most flavor. After that, you’re just “feeding.”

3. Food becomes wasted
Stop feeling guilty about throwing away your kid’s other half sandwich or the leftover
food on your plate. In reality, if you eat food your body doesn’t need, it’s wasted!

4. Set tiny goals
Stick to an exercise plan by creating repeated success. Set small, achievable goals. If you
can walk for five minutes a day, then start there.

5. What do I really want to chew on?
When you crave crunchy or chewy food, think about what’s bothering you in life. Is it
finances? Kids? Deadlines? Since eating won’t change it, try to cope in some other way.

6. Instant way to stop eating
When you’ve had a bad day and start eating nonstop, go brush your teeth. If you’re not
where you can brush, eat a distinctly opposite flavor. To block a sweet taste, suck on a
lemon wedge or eat a sour pickle. To block salty or spicy triggers such as salsa, reach for
a stick of gum or strong mint candy.

7. No more cheating
It’s impossible to cheat with food.
Cheating refers to something illegal or immoral, and food
is neither of these. Instead, refer to your choices. “I made a choice to eat a cookie today!”

8. Eat in the presence of others
To overcome your patterns of sneak eating, make a policy that you’ll always eat sweets
or favorite foods in the presence of at least one other person.

9. Small wins
Write down at least five things you did today that were small accomplishments. Before you
go to bed, read your list out loud and tell yourself you’re a great success.

10. No more deprivation
Instead of feeling deprived or feeling left out, ask yourself, “What does my weight deprive
me of?” Make a list of the things you’re missing out on by being overweight.

Back