Re Starters Who Have Won the Battle......

Chitty

HI
I have been openly finding this diet rock hard this time, very very hard....
SSing one day binging the next very very bad.... put on 3 stone since Xmas and I'm about fed up now....
I want to be slim again............ but did that last year.... ie diet going from megga fat to nearly slim.... Now I am fat again, not megga, but fat and after the whole experience last year am really pissed off at facing it again... I have put on more weight as a result... only needed to stone to get to Xmas weight in March for example now it is 3...
I am interested to hear from other people who have done this and won the battle...
I would love to hear from someone who has lost lots, but lots back on really quickly then gone on again to lose it and keep it off.... then I would like to know how the .... you did it please...

Please someone out there, tell me you HAVE done it. All I can see are people who have cracked it first time and kept the weight off and others like me who frankly one step forward 2 steps back...

Just need some inspiration guys and gals.
Thanks XXX Hugs Chitty...

Hi there i can totally agree with what you say ive done the big loss and now ive gained 3 stone messing around but it doesnt help with work, im a nurse who does long days and to be honest im getting my dinner shake at 3pm the stress bugs me some days and i feel the need to reach for chocolate wioth the statement il do it tomorrow... however my saviour is my holiday to spain to see my partners mum for a rest and sun im going to try my damn hardest to do sole source sipping shakes drinking water catching the rays and hoping this frum can get me the hell through this and well on to maintenance.. that is my problem i need maintaining ideas for refeed when i get there :D

I've lost hundreds of pounds in the past.

My biggest weightloss before CD was 6 stone (with SW). I put it all back on a matter of months.

Each stone lost ended with at least a stone and a half gained...and of course, I was addicted to dieting (reluctantly addicted though).

Ohh, I did do Cambridge over 20 years ago. Put it all back quickly though. It wasn't my first diet. Been dieting for ouch...maybe 30+ years. This time I'm staying at goal....forever.

So, there's hope for you, because I never thought I would every crack it. Not in a million years.

Hiya and thank you..... need positive stories... lots of them so keep them coming.

I can't understand how my weight came back,,,,, I do know of course, but don't understand how I let it.

Will check back later and fingers crossed will be looking for more fab stories...

Thanks KD, great to hear it and interesting to hear that you had lost and put on with SW, I have been swearing it wasn't was the fast weight loss that gave me the fast weight gain.. if you know what I mean...

Hi there i can totally agree with what you say ive done the big loss and now ive gained 3 stone messing around but it doesnt help with work, im a nurse who does long days and to be honest im getting my dinner shake at 3pm the stress bugs me some days and i feel the need to reach for chocolate wioth the statement il do it tomorrow... however my saviour is my holiday to spain to see my partners mum for a rest and sun im going to try my damn hardest to do sole source sipping shakes drinking water catching the rays and hoping this frum can get me the hell through this and well on to maintenance.. that is my problem i need maintaining ideas for refeed when i get there :D

That is it with me, the diet is hell for me at the moment, I get a bee in my bonnet about food and it lasts all day and the next then I break down, feel like crying...
Totally stupid and uncalled for, but I DO NOT WANT TO DO A DIFFERENT DIET... work that out am I a fruit cake or not....

I realize in my head that right now as much as I need to lose the weight and I do for lots of reasons, I need a break from food as I have done nothing but pig out and binge eat, SS and binge eat... I need the out time to regain my calm food head and learn to eat totally different...

So any more tales to tell, please do...

AWW i know what you mean, i binge and ss binge and ss, luckily in spain i wont know where to go to binge its a quaint part where his mum lives nothing like magaluf no takeway shops lol or corner shops so hopefull a stone lighter with tan :D im on a 13 hour shift tomorrow so im going to try my hardest to cambridge :D cambridge cambridge if i say it enough timesit will sink in :D

I can't understand how my weight came back,,,,, I do know of course, but don't understand how I let it.

Oh, it's so, so easy. I could write a book on what I did wrong on previous attempts:eek:

Actually, I say 'attempts', but I mean 'poor attempts'. Poor, because I didn't realise that I needed to really work at it. I thought maintaining would be easy:eek:

I thought, if you weren't dieting, you would sort of maintain anyway. How stupid was I. Once I decided to scrap the diet, I just went back to doing what I had always done ie. eat too much.

I blamed everything. Thyroid, some strange disease that hadn't yet been discovered, genes etc.

After all, there is so little info out there for maintainers and 'how you do it'. Go into a newsagent and you'll find tons of mags on how to diet. Various methods, how to get the motivation. Same with forums and book shops. When did you last go into a newsagent and find a magazine on how to keep the weight off?

So, I probably assumed it was something that I would just be able to do. It should be easy if nobody felt the need to give instructions for it.

I thought getting slim would be enough to keep me going. I would automatically think like a slim person. I wouldn't want to binge or eat unhealthily. I would be a new woman. As it happens, I got to goal as a overweight woman that happened to be slim. It didn't take long before I thought blast, this weight is going to go straight back on if I don't put in some hard work.

I don't want to scare people, but I do want to be honest. I thought Cambridge was hard. I thought it was the toughest thing I had ever done. Wrong. Maintenance is.

There may well be other maintainers that find it easy. I don't know, but I do know that not maintainers make it long term.

Now I have admitted that, there's no getting away from the fact that we all want to maintain our new figure. Why else would you diet. So hard or not, it's got to be faced. The job just isn't done when you get to goal. When you get there, you just have to continue doing what you've been doing, not what you were doing pre-diet

That's one of the reasons why it's important to do the plans. It gives you an idea of how to maintain. You can't stay on Cambridge SS forever. You have to find some other plan....then you just do that with a bit more food.

The rewards are fantastic though, and it really does become a part of your life. You don't have the joys of getting on those scales and seeing a loss, but you find plenty of other things to replace that feeling. :)

:hug99: Hello Chitty my lovely.

I don't have any inspirational stories for you, but I just wanted to send you a hug because I know how hard you try to get into this diet and you deserve to conquer it, and I know you will.

Have you thought about changing your CDC? I changed mine because as lovely as mine was, I didn't feel motivated enough and didn't even get a stone off. My new CDC is really wonderful and I'm not perfect, but I am getting there, slowly but surely.This time I think I might actually crack it because I have got a great CDC. I know that you don't WI every week either which would ruin me, perhaps a bit more structure might help, at least in the beginning?

:vibes: You can do this girlie!

AWW i know what you mean, i binge and ss binge and ss, luckily in spain i wont know where to go to binge its a quaint part where his mum lives nothing like magaluf no takeway shops lol or corner shops so hopefull a stone lighter with tan :D im on a 13 hour shift tomorrow so im going to try my hardest to cambridge :D cambridge cambridge if i say it enough timesit will sink in :D

Good Luck, come back here once you've done it and tell me...

:hug99: Hello Chitty my lovely.

I don't have any inspirational stories for you, but I just wanted to send you a hug because I know how hard you try to get into this diet and you deserve to conquer it, and I know you will.

Have you thought about changing your CDC? I changed mine because as lovely as mine was, I didn't feel motivated enough and didn't even get a stone off. My new CDC is really wonderful and I'm not perfect, but I am getting there, slowly but surely.This time I think I might actually crack it because I have got a great CDC. I know that you don't WI every week either which would ruin me, perhaps a bit more structure might help, at least in the beginning?

:vibes: You can do this girlie!

Hiya
Send me an email,..... I've lost your addy....
Well Done I am really really proud of you...22lb wow.... there you go that;s inspiration... well done...
I'm just going up... not for long...:)
My CDC is lovely, I can't change her, I really like her and for me I know it is me not her, I need to get it right.. I think I am going to have to bit the bullet and suffer a couple of weeks of withdraw... but I need to do that.. my eating is terrible at the moment... never been like this before aned I don't like it...
Eat for hunger not for any thing else.....
Need to remember that...
My CDC has told me to have 4 CD a day with the milk (is SS plus) and 4-5 ltrs a day..
I'm going to try it.. not going to put a day to it... it may be tomorrow it may be the next day or even the day after that... My son starts school and my daughter is at school I want to be a yummy mummy.

Oh, it's so, so easy. I could write a book on what I did wrong on previous attempts:eek:

Actually, I say 'attempts', but I mean 'poor attempts'. Poor, because I didn't realise that I needed to really work at it. I thought maintaining would be easy:eek:

I thought, if you weren't dieting, you would sort of maintain anyway. How stupid was I. Once I decided to scrap the diet, I just went back to doing what I had always done ie. eat too much.

I blamed everything. Thyroid, some strange disease that hadn't yet been discovered, genes etc.

After all, there is so little info out there for maintainers and 'how you do it'. Go into a newsagent and you'll find tons of mags on how to diet. Various methods, how to get the motivation. Same with forums and book shops. When did you last go into a newsagent and find a magazine on how to keep the weight off?

So, I probably assumed it was something that I would just be able to do. It should be easy if nobody felt the need to give instructions for it.

I thought getting slim would be enough to keep me going. I would automatically think like a slim person. I wouldn't want to binge or eat unhealthily. I would be a new woman. As it happens, I got to goal as a overweight woman that happened to be slim. It didn't take long before I thought blast, this weight is going to go straight back on if I don't put in some hard work.

I don't want to scare people, but I do want to be honest. I thought Cambridge was hard. I thought it was the toughest thing I had ever done. Wrong. Maintenance is.

There may well be other maintainers that find it easy. I don't know, but I do know that not maintainers make it long term.

Now I have admitted that, there's no getting away from the fact that we all want to maintain our new figure. Why else would you diet. So hard or not, it's got to be faced. The job just isn't done when you get to goal. When you get there, you just have to continue doing what you've been doing, not what you were doing pre-diet

That's one of the reasons why it's important to do the plans. It gives you an idea of how to maintain. You can't stay on Cambridge SS forever. You have to find some other plan....then you just do that with a bit more food.

The rewards are fantastic though, and it really does become a part of your life. You don't have the joys of getting on those scales and seeing a loss, but you find plenty of other things to replace that feeling. :)

Now that's the sort of thing I have been looking for.... and that is just it..
There are lots of stories, here there and every where on people losing weight, how much / how quick/ which diet, this diet, etc etc etc, even dairy after dairy, which whilst all very good and helpful on the first legs the weightloss, but I want/need to read about the after.... I want to read peoples stories on what they eat every day on maintances, because I don't know... I am overweight so is my hubby, sometimes we are more overweight than others, but I don't honestly know what 'normal' weight people eat in a day to keep 'normal' weight... It would help me lots to read about it...
And thanks, I have struggled lots and lots these past 8 years with my weight, had little stuggles before that, but need to totally change the way I look at eating.... I will be trying the CD again any day soon and look to the future to the maintance thing... XXX Thanks for sharing it with me. XXXX

I want to read peoples stories on what they eat every day on maintances, because I don't know..

I remember thinking the same when I was on Cambridge. What do they eat??:confused:

Thing is, I could tell you, but it's all portion sizes blah blah. Besides, it might not be the type of things you would want to eat.

A few things that I did discover though.

30g of Breakfast cereal is enough. Yeah...really:eek: I used to laugh when they gave that portion size on the box, but hey...it's about right.

I have alsorts for breakfast. Could be cereal, could be a fruit smoothie. Could be just fruit and yoghurt. Sometimes it's a mixture, like this morning. 30g porridge with handful of frozen fruit, milk. zapped in m/wave. Yoghurt stirred in after. Keeps me going for ages.

Lunch is very much what I fancy, but I have trained myself to fancy more healthier options. Dinner is about 2/3 of what I feed the men in my family, but otherwise it's the same thing.

Mid afternoon break of something that's about 120 cals. Not that I count, but it's enough. A couple of pieces of fruit, or a packet of special k mini breaks. Mid evening is another snack. Maybe another one even later as I go to bed so late.

Another thing I've learnt is that I really need some protein each mealtime otherwise I get hungry to quickly.

I'm really pleased that I took the route I did when I got to goal. I did the plans, then stuck with 1500 for another week but using my own choices, then increased a little more until I was up to 1800 (which is what I need).

Meanwhile, I used WLR to count my calories. I used it for months, so that I could really get to grips with what is normal. It might seem a drag counting calories, but it's good software and helped keep me focused. Besides, what's a few extra months. If I had been doing a more traditional diet, I would have probably still been on it. With Cambridge, I just got to goal quicker, and then concentrated on getting the food right.

I had an idea of what I needed when going up the CD plans, but it still seemed a touch too 'health nut food' ;)

Their choices, weren't mine :D Still glad I did it though, but with WLR I could plan my own foods and work on getting a healthy balance. WLR gives you guidelines of carb/protein/fats to aim for. It's not a low fat diet..something that I didn't really want. I wanted just averagely healthy, not low carb, low fat, low anything. Just 'normal' :D

Oh....I really avoid foods that have been processed to make them low fat etc. I try to go for stuff you can kill or that grows in the fields :D I don't want to consume foods that are on the ICI stock take sheet ;)

Not obsessive about it though. Just go for tastes I enjoy rather than substitutes that will leave me feeling like I'm on a diet.

This is a wonderful thread I'm going to keep my eye on ..

I remember thinking the same when I was on Cambridge. What do they eat??:confused:

Wow thanks KD you posts are brilliant, and that last one give me information I have just been search to read somewhere.... I will crack the CD code and get the weight off soon, but I do need to look at the afterbit ... getting to goal is important to me and I so don't want to put it back on again, again..... Will have a look at WLR, I have come across it before but didn't pay much attention as wanted to CD, but can see how useful it would be afterwards.

Ok, off to clear my mind and make a decision on when to start the CD again... Tomorrow is a good day, Sundays are good for me..

XXX Thanks again,,,, brilliant reply.
XXX Chitty.

how u doing chitty hun, look forward to hearing from you.

sue xx

Darn't tell you , every time I say I doing fine, I cave in......
But I'll wisper and tell you I'm on day 2..... 5th Sep is 12 week, should be able to start the plans then.... fingers crossed... One day at a time....

i have gradually gained stone by stone, losing a stone, putting on 1.5 etc. but for the last 18 months i have been losing and gaining the same stone again and again and again and have done about four different diets. sick to death of it. want to get below 14st 7 which is the lightest i've been and that was over two years ago when i met my OH.

good luck honey, and it is a very good point you're making!!

abz xx

I seem to be helped by not only following the 98 day thread but also putting everything I eat onto weightloss resources to ensure if I do not manage ss on Cambridge that I do stick to under my allowance of 1100 cals. Also sometimes I cheat on the ss by saving one for late and having it as a mousse with teaspoon of toffee sauce on it! It may be a slow weight loss but I think I might need to keep up this focus on food otherwise I can see it easily going back on!

Back