RE STARTERS

katy73

Silver Member
I've noticed there are alot of re starters and i am guilty of it, why do we do it?:break_diet:

honestly, because we dont learn from our mistakes i think!! that was certainly my downfall!

but not this time.... I SHALL BE REFORMED!!! :D xxx

Must admit Katy, it worries me...I am first timer but my whole attitude is I wont come back again, but I hope this is the case, I really do!!

I have tried to understand myself whilst being on LT and know that I have an eating disorder, but I am hoping that what I have learnt, I will now be able to put into practise and with hoping to go on this 10 wk course too in Autumn will help in my re-programming (as such).

It is good though to be reminded that it is ok on LT, esp if you are AN ALL OR NOTHING person,but the real battle begins after LT I reckon.

I will certainly keep you all posted once I refeed at the end of the week!

Proof is in the pudding, as they say!!

Hi Katy, this is the course...i should have gone on it a few years ago but was studying and working full time and just didnt have the time..but I will hopefully start in Autumn.

Coping Skills for Eating Disorders is a psychoeducational therapy group specifically designed for people with anorexia, bulimia, compulsive eating and other eating problems. The group is facilitated by two trained counsellors. It is a series of 10 weekly sessions, each centred on a relevant topic and geared to the development of a broad range of coping skills for promoting the process of recovery.
People with eating disorders often experience clusters of other life difficulties that may underpin or aggravate their problematic relationships with food. The Coping Skills group brings together tried and tested methods for identifying and tackling these interrelated issues. The sessions feature discussion, writing, worksheets, homework and other learning strategies that help group members identify coping skills they may already possess, in order to build them up and use them more regularly. Additionally, the group will promote the development of new skills while providing a confidential, personalized and encouraging environment for all members, promoting growth through mutual support, feedback and education.
The cost of the group is £50 for the entire series of ten sessions. Payment is made when the group starts.

This course sounds like the one I am hoping to get on. I go on Monday for my initial assessment. They will then tell me which councelling option is best for me.
I am doing the course BEFORE refeeding as I hope it will stop me developing any bad habits straight away!
Good luck Scotsmist, keep us updated on how it goes.
Good luck with the refeeding, I have saved your 7 day menu, it looks great.
Thanks
xx

I know it's not exactly the same, but I am coming to LT having put on all the weight I lost on LighterLife. I honestly did not consider what I'd do afterwards; I was in some world of my own where every time someone said, "the problem with those diets is you put all the weight back on," I'd just think, "as if," but didn't actually have a strategy to prevent myself from putting it on afterwards & in fact, stopped about 5lbs away from my target, going absolutely mad (basically emptying out the freezer in the middle of the night & eating stuff I don't even like) & ignored advice to try to maintain the weight I was at.

I really feel this time it'll be different - I have the experience of how horrific it was to put the weight back on & the sense of failure & embarrassment I had in front of everyone who had doubted my success. Furthermore, I've accepted that it won't just fall into place - that I will probably have to watch what I eat for the rest of my life, or at least for many years to come. & that's OK. I need to learn the control that those without a weight issue have; or at least mimic it as best I can.

I do think though, this sort of diet attracts the all or nothing people of the world & I am definitely one of them. I am seriously considering trying to find something like the course Scotsmist has mentioned closer to home when I'm nearer my goal.

I'm hopeful for us all though :)

Hannah

Well the first time I lost on LT I had the best intentions in the world when I came off it. I spent my entire time on LT reprogramming myself in my thinking patterns. Then out of the blue I got the call that my new daughter (adoptive in Ethiopia) was in an orphanage, very ill. I needed to fly out the next day. I was on day 2 of refeed. It was impossible in airports and planes and in Ethiopia to refeed properly. You can't eat the salad or meat. I couldn't risk a dicky tummy as my daughter needed my care. When I brought her home she was very ill for the first 7 months and I couldn't even get to the shops to buy food! And I was too tired to cook. So I kept ordering in! But I tried to get healthier options and smaller portions. I managed to maintain for about nearly the fully 7 months and then it just seemed to pile on.

Second time I did LT I only needed to lose 1.5 stone and did. But God I was totally in the wrong frame of mind when I did it. All I kept visualising was what foods I was going to eat when I went off it, like pizza, chips, bread, etc. I felt so deprived when I was on it the 2nd time. But when I came off it I really tried at first. My eldest son was having major problems and had me up the walls.....actually his problems have gone on for nearly 6 yrs now and they were the worst that they had ever been at this point. I kept saying to myself "you only want to comfort eat because of this and it solves nothing and you will feel more sad and stressed if you eat." But after night after night of stress and worry.....I caved AGAIN! So I put back on the 1.5 stone that I just lost!

So now I am on it for 3rd time to lose the 1.5 stone AGAIN!!! But I am reading healthy cookbooks every night and planning ways to get healthy meals cooked daily. Plan is to cook while baby naps during early afternoon and then reheat it later! But I also plan to do the maintenance programme. I think I need the structure.

So fingers crossed this time!

The good thing about LT is that it does work and extremely quickly, and the key is to jump back on the band wagon as soon as possible after holidays etc.

I found that I could maintain the weight loss if I was careful with the amount of carbs I was eating (but everyone is different), it will always be a struggle but once I get rid of this holiday weight I will look at other options, especially doing more exercising to tone up.

Hi Acom
Great, we can help one another. I sent the email today to find out about the course again.....this is a big step for me but I am determined to do it and to get to the bottom of my disorder..in saying that, I feel more in control of my life than ever before and I am 43!!!! :)

Glad you like the menu! I cant wait to eat nice healthy mediterranian food and lots of fish!!!!!!! Oh, that is after re-feed of course :)

I have no doubts that you will do well Acom, you are focussed and you know that there could be problems and want to tackle them...sensible indeed!!

Take care

This course sounds like the one I am hoping to get on. I go on Monday for my initial assessment. They will then tell me which councelling option is best for me.
I am doing the course BEFORE refeeding as I hope it will stop me developing any bad habits straight away!
Good luck Scotsmist, keep us updated on how it goes.
Good luck with the refeeding, I have saved your 7 day menu, it looks great.
Thanks
xx

ive been off and on LT since march 2006 :O

For me, it was lack of time to exercise or make healthy meals so I was grabbing something on the run. Once I hit the slippery slope I was back to my old eating habits. It wasn't the volume of food I was eating but the wrong sort of food! It's taken me months to finally get back on the programme and I'm hoping I'll last longer than a few days!!!! I managed months last year but it's sooooooo much harder this time round!!!!!

x

Back